Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Atmosphere Tomorrow - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Atmosphere Tomorrow

#1 User is offline   hardgums 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:02 PM

Been all sorts of thoughts flying around about the atmosphere at tomorrow's match. Will fans be baying for blood? Will there be a mass release of black balloons? Will the crowd turn their backs as the players come out? Will there be venom in the air? Doubt it. The fans have had all the stuffing knocked out of them by three years of being dumped on. My guess is that there may be a few 'Carson out' chants on kick off followed by 'there's only one Jack Lester' on 14 minutes. Other than that, the Proact will be witness to a wake attended by a huddle of bemused, bewildered and downright depressed fans.

#2 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:10 PM

View Posthardgums, on 27 April 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Been all sorts of thoughts flying around about the atmosphere at tomorrow's match. Will fans be baying for blood? Will there be a mass release of black balloons? Will the crowd turn their backs as the players come out? Will there be venom in the air? Doubt it. The fans have had all the stuffing knocked out of them by three years of being dumped on. My guess is that there may be a few 'Carson out' chants on kick off followed by 'there's only one Jack Lester' on 14 minutes. Other than that, the Proact will be witness to a wake attended by a huddle of bemused, bewildered and downright depressed fans.

I hope there's a vile atmosphere plenty of fans venting their frustration towards the board AND players, I hope the game is marred with pitch invasions and gets abandoned.
Although I think town fans have gone soft and will probably do nothing.
We 8 Mansfield oh we 8 Mansfield!!

#3 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:40 PM

View Postkh83, on 27 April 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

I hope there's a vile atmosphere plenty of fans venting their frustration towards the board AND players, I hope the game is marred with pitch invasions and gets abandoned.

Most pitch invasions have seen opposition players swarming everywhere...

#4 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:41 PM

If anyone is wondering whether to go or not tomorrow, ask yourself this, do the those in currently in charge of the club and those players who have shown no pride in playing for this once proud club, that has been a league club since 1921, do they really deserve to receive your hard-earned money and your unconditional support? For me its a resounding NO and the best way I feel to demonstrate my total dissatisfaction is to not attend. The biggest message that we as supporters can send out is if the Directors and Players are the only ones at The Proact tomorrow.

#5 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:50 PM

Ashely has said he won't be there

#6 User is offline   meowdmucker 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

I will not be there and quite frankly I’m not that bothered even though I’m a season ticket holder.

#7 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:08 PM

View PostMaverick, on 27 April 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

If anyone is wondering whether to go or not tomorrow, ask yourself this, do the those in currently in charge of the club and those players who have shown no pride in playing for this once proud club, that has been a league club since 1921, do they really deserve to receive your hard-earned money and your unconditional support? For me its a resounding NO and the best way I feel to demonstrate my total dissatisfaction is to not attend. The biggest message that we as supporters can send out is if the Directors and Players are the only ones at The Proact tomorrow.

I get the sentiment in your post and I can fully understand why many feel that way, however, for me this is about bowing out gracefully and showing those few players that do put some effort in (although that won't necessarily be combined with talent), that we still care about them and our club. Evo is in charge and one of the more loyal servants to this club you would struggle to find, he deserves our support. I expect that he will pick a team of players who, in the main are contracted to CFC and are likely to show some commitment and heart, or their a*ses he will be kicking, I feel a boycott wouldn't be offering him and them the support that they will need. DA and AC won't be there so a mass exodus and statement of intent/protest won't affect them in any way other than be a few quid down on the non-season ticket holders or pay on the day cohort - what's losing a few grand compared with what they are already owed and won't be picking up next season?

Get there, get behind them (if you can) and show the world (not the IMHO (added to avoid litigation) inept few that caused this debacle) that we still care about this club.

Sadly, this disgraceful chapter in the journey of our beloved club is set to continue, I'll still make games where I can - what else am I going to do - support another team - not B****Y likely!!!

COYB

#8 User is offline   kopblue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:22 PM

More old bill on duty as per normal due to 1000 away fans and the chances of the understandable vile atmosphere

#9 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:28 PM

View PostMaverick, on 27 April 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

I understand your sentiment but even if yourself and your mates and another thousand take the same stance, it will still prove to be absolutely pointless because there will always be a few thousand turn out no matter what.

Get a kids ticket or wait for the gates to open for the smokers at half time and then go in, if you don't want to give them your money.
Everyone has their own ideas on what to do, personally id rather attend and do something.

#10 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

Nothing says you're angry like a few black balloons :-),

#11 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:36 PM

View PostRN Blue, on 27 April 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

I get the sentiment in your post and I can fully understand why many feel that way, however, for me this is about bowing out gracefully and showing those few players that do put some effort in (although that won't necessarily be combined with talent), that we still care about them and our club. Evo is in charge and one of the more loyal servants to this club you would struggle to find, he deserves our support. I expect that he will pick a team of players who, in the main are contracted to CFC and are likely to show some commitment and heart, or their a*ses he will be kicking, I feel a boycott wouldn't be offering him and them the support that they will need. DA and AC won't be there so a mass exodus and statement of intent/protest won't affect them in any way other than be a few quid down on the non-season ticket holders or pay on the day cohort - what's losing a few grand compared with what they are already owed and won't be picking up next season?

Get there, get behind them (if you can) and show the world (not the IMHO (added to avoid litigation) inept few that caused this debacle) that we still care about this club.

Sadly, this disgraceful chapter in the journey of our beloved club is set to continue, I'll still make games where I can - what else am I going to do - support another team - not B****Y likely!!!

COYB

Mate, I respect yours and everyone else's opinion, they all seem to differ. I appreciate Evo's a top bloke but we as supporters have backed the players and management team all season in a way that makes me proud to be a Spireite. But enough is enough for me and many others I talk to, I will be venting my frustration out loudly towards the players and the board and will happily participate any protest or pitch invasion. I appreciate the board won't be there but in this age of social media, even a modest protest will get some good coverage and find its way to the crooks who are running our club.

#12 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:44 PM

I'm not in favour of organised protests as they'll have no effect on the intended targets. Having said that, if Akinfenwa brushes three of our defenders aside with one hand and smashes in his hat-trick goal to make it 6-0, I can see a lot of fans losing their self control. I don't predict results, but I wouldn't bet against us getting thrashed.

#13 User is offline   The informer 

• Mr Grumpy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc, West Ham fc,

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 27 April 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

Nothing says you're angry like a few black balloons :-),
Blowing whistles throughout the game would have the biggest effect.

#14 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:01 PM

I'll be there, can't say I'm looking forward to it or bothered either way, but hardly seems worth protesting for the final two games of the season. As for next year - well I'm not doing a season ticket and will pop along to the odd game when I can be bothered. If Carson and Allen sell up and move on (to someone respectable - ie: not Brealey) then I'll be back full time.
I hate what has happened and I still feel numb and I had a Forest fan in the office today laughing - he's lucky he still has the ability to walk - and I'm not a violent man, but that is how this has got me

#15 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:25 PM

A protest at the proact will have no effect, there are other places that would make more of an impact......

#16 User is offline   SALTERGATE 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:29 PM

View PostRadders, on 27 April 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

I'll be there, can't say I'm looking forward to it or bothered either way, but hardly seems worth protesting for the final two games of the season. As for next year - well I'm not doing a season ticket and will pop along to the odd game when I can be bothered. If Carson and Allen sell up and move on (to someone respectable - ie: not Brealey) then I'll be back full time.
I hate what has happened and I still feel numb and I had a Forest fan in the office today laughing - he's lucky he still has the ability to walk - and I'm not a violent man, but that is how this has got me

I had someone today who said I should stand in our works bike shed to get used to the feel of an away game next season 🙁

#17 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 27 April 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

Ashely has said he won't be there

how responsible of him any reason given?

#18 User is offline   Spire2001 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:12 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 27 April 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

A protest at the proact will have no effect, there are other places that would make more of an impact......

Like the Assay office over the road from Hillsborough leisure centre ?

#19 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

valemadness said:

1524842705[/url]' post='1386160']

The assay office for one, and a couple of private residencies....
A new hope.

#20 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:27 PM

View Postmeowdmucker, on 27 April 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

I will not be there and quite frankly I’m not that bothered even though I’m a season ticket holder.

Same. Couldn’t care less. In fact I’d like no Home fans there but each to their own.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users