Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: I See People Are Still Whining About The Cost Of The Friendlies - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I See People Are Still Whining About The Cost Of The Friendlies

#21 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

Exactly my thoughts, those that wanted to attend, did so..

I doubt there was a huge raft of people who stayed away due to a couple of quid..

#22 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

View Poststarsky72, on 28 July 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Exactly my thoughts, those that wanted to attend, did so..

I doubt there was a huge raft of people who stayed away due to a couple of quid..

A lot of folk would have looked at the £15 + a couple of beers, maybe the bus fare and a bit of snap and thought - I can use the £15 - £30 elsewhere. Had it been Man Utd etc -many more folk would have "found" the £15-£30 needed
A new hope.

#23 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 28 July 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

And you get your sausages for free.🍴

I tell you what I didn't realise how hungry I was till you gave me that - it was gorgeous - thank you kind sir! I'm back to my hole in the ground to moan about the price of friendlies (see you Wednesday!)

View PostCartman, on 28 July 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

it means they are wrong!

no lack of compassion at all - if someone really wanted to go, no matter if they are on minimum wage or even on the dole they could have found £15 to go

Everyone who wanted to go to the game and had the time free went, lowering the price would not have increased the attendance, anyone who didn't go and are now saying price was too high would not have gone anyway!

Have you ever been on the dole!

#24 User is offline   rc1979 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

Let me have a wild guess cartman that u don't have kids, probably never had a mrs and only just left home so u can probably find your £15 with ease.

#25 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

you get 57 quid p/w on dole

what a stupid thread. just cartman doing his usual apologist act, the club can do no wrong and all fans are idiots because they disagree with him. boring beyond belief now.

"Completely ridiculous to say £15 is too much for friendly games"

"Price is fair and anyone who says it isn't is talking rubbish"

just shut up mate

This post has been edited by Goku: 28 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

#26 User is offline   trickymicky7 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

View PostCartman, on 28 July 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

fair points

not trying to be divisive - but some of the comments on here need to be responded to

rubbish, it's £15 not £50!

View PostCartman, on 28 July 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

fair points

not trying to be divisive - but some of the comments on here need to be responded to

rubbish, it's £15 not £50!

#27 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

I'm confused... are we arguing that £15 was too much and that it impacted on the attendance?
(and if so what price point would have encouraged more to attend, bearing in mind Alfreton and Matlock were around a tenner)

Or are we now saying that the club has a social responsibility to make sure people without much cash can come and watch football??

#28 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

I wonder how many folk are not even around either. I was away so missed it and suspect i wasnt the only one. Could have been free and those folk wouldnt have been there. There will also have been a good number doing other things such as cricket or this carnival thing that was on as examples. We have the same moans about friendlies every season and as mentioned even with offers not many folk go to them. Only one i've been to in recent years was the Coventry one and that was only because some cov supporting friends travelled up. It was dull and i couldnt get into it so not really bothered again. Club still has to cover costs of staging the game and try to make a few quid so the cost isnt just plucked out of the air.

There is also the contentious point that we cant really sit here and moan about DA etc not funding players etc if we're not willing to do our bit by paying a few quid to get in and help the coffers.

#29 User is offline   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

View Poststarsky72, on 28 July 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

I'm confused... are we arguing that £15 was too much and that it impacted on the attendance?
(and if so what price point would have encouraged more to attend, bearing in mind Alfreton and Matlock were around a tenner)

Or are we now saying that the club has a social responsibility to make sure people without much cash can come and watch football??

Clearly some feel that £15 is a bit pricey for a meaningless pre-season kick-about with few new signings to run the rule over. Me, I couldn't possibly comment.
We're on our way

#30 User is offline   Sabreman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Simple choice for me, I worked as a meaningless friendly is just that meaningless, I really do not care what anybody on this board thinks of me but £15 is to much.
My house is on the market, I need extra cash to get a bigger,better home for my family so I say again if some two hat wants to judge me for not going to a meaningless friendly against the mighty Leeds then be my guest.
I have my season ticket so have done my bit for the Budget, I will be at Orient, train tickets booked etc,etc, so shall I start slating those that aren't going to Orient or are not getting a season ticket. Finance is available to get one so whats your excuses for not getting one( I am not slating anybody just trying to make a point rather badly)
Some people truly up the clubs harris, it is usually Cartman with his slating of the supporters i'm right your wrong attitude, truly pathetic attitude.
" He who laughs when things go wrong.....has just thought of someone else to blame it on "

#31 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

View PostRadders, on 28 July 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

I tell you what I didn't realise how hungry I was till you gave me that - it was gorgeous - thank you kind sir! I'm back to my hole in the ground to moan about the price of friendlies (see you Wednesday!)

Have you ever been on the dole!

Yes, twice - and found the money to go to home games

You get the £60 a week dole and any rent paid by housing benefit etc plus child benefits if you have kids - not too difficult to find £15 for something you have known about ages if you REALLY want to go, if money is tight it may not be a priority but anyone who REALLY wanted to go would have gone, price was fair and reducing the price wouldn't have meant massive crowds!

View Postrc1979, on 28 July 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

Let me have a wild guess cartman that u don't have kids, probably never had a mrs and only just left home so u can probably find your £15 with ease.

I didn't go! Spent the weekend at Tramlines!

View PostGoku, on 28 July 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

you get 57 quid p/w on dole

what a stupid thread. just cartman doing his usual apologist act, the club can do no wrong and all fans are idiots because they disagree with him. boring beyond belief now.

"Completely ridiculous to say £15 is too much for friendly games"

"Price is fair and anyone who says it isn't is talking rubbish"

just shut up mate

The club can and do plenty wrong, e.g. not running buses to long away trips last season cos they'll make a small loss when they make loads of profits on the short journeys, I am far from a club apologist but with the ridiculous stuff on here recently someone needs to put people straight!

You still need to look up forecasting and how it is done!

#32 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

How much does an adult ticket for Huddersfield cost?

#33 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

I'm sorry but trying to argue that someone who is unemployed should be spending 25% of their cash on a pre-season game against Leeds is frankly ridiculous..

This post has been edited by starsky72: 28 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

#34 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostCartman, on 28 July 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

The club can and do plenty wrong, e.g. not running buses to long away trips last season cos they'll make a small loss when they make loads of profits on the short journeys, I am far from a club apologist but with the ridiculous stuff on here recently someone needs to put people straight!

It must've taken some real guts to admit that the club did something slightly wrong, especially coming from the club's number one apologist. Well done sir, well done.

#35 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostSabreman, on 28 July 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

Simple choice for me, I worked as a meaningless friendly is just that meaningless, I really do not care what anybody on this board thinks of me but £15 is to much.
My house is on the market, I need extra cash to get a bigger,better home for my family so I say again if some two hat wants to judge me for not going to a meaningless friendly against the mighty Leeds then be my guest.
I have my season ticket so have done my bit for the Budget, I will be at Orient, train tickets booked etc,etc, so shall I start slating those that aren't going to Orient or are not getting a season ticket. Finance is available to get one so whats your excuses for not getting one( I am not slating anybody just trying to make a point rather badly)
Some people truly up the clubs harris, it is usually Cartman with his slating of the supporters i'm right your wrong attitude, truly pathetic attitude.

not up any harris

and you are actually proving my point, it's not at all that £15 was too much, you prioritised based on the fact it is a pre season game, many would do the same and also would have done the same had it been £10 and not gone!

Pre season attendance are always low for those reasons, not the price

Had you REALLY wanted to go you would have gone, if I had REALLY wanted to go then I wouldn't have gone to Tramlines

Lowering the price would not increase the attendance cos many just can't be bothered with pre season games

#36 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

View Poststarsky72, on 28 July 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

I'm sorry but trying to argue that someone who is unemployed should be spending 25% of their cash on a pre-season game against Leeds is frankly ridiculous..

I have never argued that, what I have said is that if they REALLY wanted to go they would

My main point is that pre season friendly attendance is low mainly because of people not being bothered about them, not cos £15 is too much and still wouldn't have gone if the price was less (previous pre season games attendances back this up)

#37 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostCartman, on 28 July 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

My main point is that pre season friendly attendance is low mainly because of people not being bothered about them, not cos £15 is too much and still wouldn't have gone if the price was less (previous pre season games attendances back this up)

Well I agree that I don't think a few ££ off the price would have made a huge difference, if any..

#38 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostCartman, on 28 July 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

Completely ridiculous to say £15 is too much for friendly games

Matlock, Buxton, Alfreton all charged £8-10 to watch games in non league (very non league) stadia - so an extra fiver to watch in a proper ground against higher division opposition is about right

Price is fair and anyone who says it isn't is talking rubbish, wonder if the same people moaning about the price are those saying we should spend money on a striker to show ambition etc etc etc

And anyone citing the price as a reason or not going is just making excuses, not hard to save £15 from your weekly outgoings, it is only the price of 4 pints, 1 dominos pizza or 2 packs of cigarettes!

I'll have a bash with my opinion....

Firstly I don't think the the attendance would be much different had it been £10 or £12

As it is I feel £15 was to much, the club are obviously concerned about the turnover at the moment otherwise they wouldn't have priced it like it was.... The club know that those that want to go will have paid the £15 and have set it at that... I believe previous years it was cheaper or offers were on.

The club seem to be more concerned about the finances than the actual customers. Lose the customers there will be no need to worry about the clubs finance as the foundations fall then the house crumbles.

The club in my opinion have taken their eye off the ball and are now trying to squeeze as much money out of the fans as possible. It's a sorry state that it has come to this.

The club also seems to have a lack of marketing, maybe they should employ someone to do this who actually co-operates with the fans, a simple two ticket deal for Leeds and villa games for £20 would have encouraged people to go and help people who are struggling. The club seems to have lost the community spirit it once had and is now a corporate machine.

Cartman as for you....

I know where your coming from on the prices and that those will who want to go will have found a way, but to suggest everyone can do this is daft.

In the real world, people are struggling, people have to find ways and means to survive and a friendly at football is not a priority for some...some people work hard and find it a struggle.

Can you answer these....

Do you own your own house?
Do you have a car?
I know you don't have kids
Do you have to travel far for work?
Do you have a woman/man to wine and dine?

#39 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostTylerdurdencfc, on 28 July 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

I'll have a bash with my opinion....

Firstly I don't think the the attendance would be much different had it been £10 or £12

As it is I feel £15 was to much, the club are obviously concerned about the turnover at the moment otherwise they wouldn't have priced it like it was.... The club know that those that want to go will have paid the £15 and have set it at that... I believe previous years it was cheaper or offers were on.

The club seem to be more concerned about the finances than the actual customers. Lose the customers there will be no need to worry about the clubs finance as the foundations fall then the house crumbles.

The club in my opinion have taken their eye off the ball and are now trying to squeeze as much money out of the fans as possible. It's a sorry state that it has come to this.

The club also seems to have a lack of marketing, maybe they should employ someone to do this who actually co-operates with the fans, a simple two ticket deal for Leeds and villa games for £20 would have encouraged people to go and help people who are struggling. The club seems to have lost the community spirit it once had and is now a corporate machine.

Cartman as for you....

I know where your coming from on the prices and that those will who want to go will have found a way, but to suggest everyone can do this is daft.

In the real world, people are struggling, people have to find ways and means to survive and a friendly at football is not a priority for some...some people work hard and find it a struggle.

Can you answer these....

Do you own your own house?
Do you have a car?
I know you don't have kids
Do you have to travel far for work?
Do you have a woman/man to wine and dine?

good post, agree to an extent on the marketing and it could be much better - this is true of the concerts as well - deals would have been good (doesn't change the fact that £15 is fair and that any deals probabloy wouldn't have increased the gate) and would be good through the season, kids for a quid etc etc is always a good idea and the club do not do this kind of thing enough

I have never suggested everyone should find the money, I have suggested they would if they really wanted to go, and they would

My situation is irrelevent but:

Do you own your own house? No
Do you have a car? Yes
I know you don't have kids - True
Do you have to travel far for work? bout 3 miles
Do you have a woman/man to wine and dine? sometimes!

#40 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

View Poststarsky72, on 28 July 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

Actually the club DO have a social responsibility - not just to us as fans, but to the community in general. Every profit making; government run enterprise has a social responsibility - whether they choose to employ it is another matter.

On the cost front - I don't think the price had a massive impact on the attendance but that does not mean I think it was fairly apportioned. For a pre-season friendly (games I attend so I can get my head around all the new faces - sadly not needed this time) I thought it was excessive. Fortunately I can afford this but, if it was a choice between watching that game or eating - I'd have probably chosen the latter. Cartman's experiences of being on the dole are nothing like the one's I experienced, so I'll bow to his far superior knowledge - I must have been doing the unemployment bit all wrong!

As someone else has mentioned elsewhere in this thread the marketing at Chesterfield is really poor and we could and should be doing more to encourage people to come to games and stop moaning at those of us that do attend - because that is what's starting to happen. If you moan about attendances you are just moaning at the people who have turned up and paid. What you actually need to do is address why some people felt the need to stay away

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users