lindave

#42 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

View Postlindave, on 27 July 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Rip off, they don't deserve any more.

The trouble with that comment Dave is you or anyone else cannot say it would have enticed enough folks to make a cheaper price more profitable if in fact there was a profit yesterday.
God I hate this league.

#43 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 27 July 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

Whittman- Ive been going since 78 - and in all that time, bar the Cox/Barlow seasons in 79-80-81 we have been around 4000 or so - crikey - we even averaged around 2500 in a couple of seasons didn't we.

To average - not spike for a couple of games - 7000 for a season in the basement we would need unprecedented levels of support, given the away followings.

It was at the very least ambitious and short sighted to expect those sorts of figures.

IMO.

imo its all lies there is not a person in chesterfield thought we would get that including the board its just an excuse

#44 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

View Postcharleyfarley11, on 27 July 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

So why not go yesterday? Cos we haven't signed a striker? , seems a odd reason to me, you missed a great performance

His loss.........:rolleyes:
God I hate this league.

#45 User is offline   Heart of a Niven 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

Why have I said what I did - Because there are different ways of making money. However, with a situation such as Chesterfield FC, DA has approached it with the same attitude with which he has made money - namely gaming businesses. They are two completely different beasts and I believe that is why we are beginning to see problems.

#46 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 27 July 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

Dave Allen is well aware that a successful team playing attractive football will entice the public back to the proact on a regular basis. Make no mistake this league will be a hard slog for us this time.

Maybe the customers should get a dose of reality and take into consideration all the factors that can effect the teams performance. You come across as though money is not an issue and DA should throw money at the team come what may. All this in hindsight again and from fans who really have no clue as to the running of the club.

I am not being disrespectful towards you M but just commenting on the general view that a lot of fans fail to realise what money is available within the club.

Cook was brought to the club because of his success with the smaller budget, that seems to be the path we are going down and fans seem to ignore the debt/financial controls of the league.

Without DA and his introduction of CT who knows how things would be but I'd wager there would be plenty of hand wringing on the terraces.

It's the start of the season, we could still see ins and OUTS so lets look forward with a bit of optimism after what we have seen on the pitch - at the end of the day DA has to look after his investment attendance wise.

no dave its you who needs a dose reality the amount of time the people in charge of the club have made mistakes is getting daft . 4 years deal for Sheridan and all his staff,1 million i.t deal , party at the proact ,7 k attendance estimate and the recruitment fiasco after promotion with js just remind me again dave who pays for all these mistakes

#47 User is offline   Mr Blue Sky 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, pub, football, pub, football, pub etc

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

Why has a thread about an exciting and promising youngster from our academy been turned into an attendance thread?

#48 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostMr Blue Sky, on 27 July 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Why has a thread about an exciting and promising youngster from our academy been turned into an attendance thread?

Because certain posters have their own agenda and insist on putting it forward in every thread. Posters in the past have been banned for doing this so I expect they will soon desist

#49 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

View PostHeart of a Niven, on 27 July 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

Why have I said what I did - Because there are different ways of making money. However, with a situation such as Chesterfield FC, DA has approached it with the same attitude with which he has made money - namely gaming businesses. They are two completely different beasts and I believe that is why we are beginning to see problems.

I'm not sure what you are saying. One can bankrupt you and the other is a licence to print money. I am sure Allen understands that better than both you and me .

This post has been edited by boot: 27 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

#50 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

View Postfarney, on 27 July 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

I bought a ticket 2 weeks ago but spit my dummy out and didnt go because we havent signed a striker

Throw £30 my way next time mate!

#51 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 27 July 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

no dave its you who needs a dose reality the amount of time the people in charge of the club have made mistakes is getting daft . 4 years deal for Sheridan and all his staff,1 million i.t deal , party at the proact ,7 k attendance estimate and the recruitment fiasco after promotion with js just remind me again dave who pays for all these mistakes

another 4 red dots with no explanation of why you brave souls bitchwhipped if rife in chesterfield

#52 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 27 July 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

imo its all lies there is not a person in chesterfield thought we would get that including the board its just an excuse

The problem is the debt. Its too high and is eating into the profits/turnover. If it was around half of what it is it wouldn't be too much of an issue.

There is the million 25 yr commercial mortgage with the council, then the 2 loans for DA. I think from memory these were 5 and 10 yr structured loans - can anyone confirm this? If its true, then one of them will be gone soon, releasing payments.

On top of this, and this is the real problem, there is the debentures that DA and the other directors have had to put in at various times to cover cash flow/ unforeseen costs etc. These need to be brought back under control, and fast. Its no good having a great team, and superb ground and great facilities if your debts rise by a six figure sum each year.

It doesn't help when the CEO has a poor grasp on the figures, but DA was absolutely right to clamp down on the spending and bring things back under control. Oh, how we need a cup run, a third round tie at the emirates and a brace from Morsy and Armband, followed by a seven figure transfer for both of them.

A new hope.

#53 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

That ruffled your feathers Ken, where is Dave - ok I hope.

Don't think you can lay the I.T. fiasco at DA door or can you. You seem to think that the supporters pay for everything at the club . Didn't hear you moaning when party at the proact was announced - this is only DA attempt at maximising stadium income, you can try something once surely.

The reality is Dave that we are a league 1 or 2 club with a ground capacity that can support such a league club. Without other ventures to increase the club income that's where we are destined to stay but when that Championship day comes your gripe can be recycled with renewed vigour because your ST will certainly make your eyes water without other income streams into the club.

God I hate this league.

#54 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 27 July 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

another 4 red dots with no explanation of why you brave souls bitchwhipped if rife in chesterfield

If I didn't know your age that wouldn't be sooooo... funny lol.
God I hate this league.

#55 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

View Postboot, on 27 July 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

I believe any overspend last season was well understood and planned to achieve promotion.

I wish that I could believe that!

Did you hear any of Turner's interviews last week?

#56 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 27 July 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

That ruffled your feathers Ken, where is Dave - ok I hope.

Don't think you can lay the I.T. fiasco at DA door or can you. You seem to think that the supporters pay for everything at the club . Didn't hear you moaning when party at the proact was announced - this is only DA attempt at maximising stadium income, you can try something once surely.

The reality is Dave that we are a league 1 or 2 club with a ground capacity that can support such a league club. Without other ventures to increase the club income that's where we are destined to stay but when that Championship day comes your gripe can be recycled with renewed vigour because your ST will certainly make your eyes water without other income streams into the club.

I get the impression that you think you no me im neither dave or ken . yes the supporters do pay for it all one way or another im not some glory hunting supporter I really don't care what league were in as long as I go home after a match entertained . my issue is dave blaming the fan turn out when they get things wrong . it seem ridiculous that da and ct make mistakes that cost the club money da then borrows the club money to put it right and we pay it off plus 5 % per year on top . im all for the club paying it way

p.s thanks for the debate a lot better than the girly red dot brigade

#57 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 27 July 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

I get the impression that you think you no me im neither dave or ken . yes the supporters do pay for it all one way or another im not some glory hunting supporter I really don't care what league were in as long as I go home after a match entertained . my issue is dave blaming the fan turn out when they get things wrong . it seem ridiculous that da and ct make mistakes that cost the club money da then borrows the club money to put it right and we pay it off plus 5 % per year on top . im all for the club paying it way

p.s thanks for the debate a lot better than the girly red dot brigade

It's funny how much they bother you. The more you moan the more you will get. Have a brew and worry about something else. They really mean nowt!

#58 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

View Posthilly81, on 27 July 2014 - 08:10 PM, said:

It's funny how much they bother you. The more you moan the more you will get. Have a brew and worry about something else. They really mean nowt!

to be honest I just trying to get a rise out a few of them but don't think they capable of typing if I was bothered I would stop taking the urine

there only brave cos there anonymous

#59 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

Yes but how does all that seem with the benefit of hindsight???????
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#60 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 27 July 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

Yes but how does all that seem with the benefit of hindsight???????

"It's tough to make predictions especially about the future ". Yogi Berra

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users