Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

didnt rotherham get 3600 at home vs Forest

What was DA expecting?

#22 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

£15 for a game that has barely any significance is far too pricey for most people. I wasnt surprised at all at the turnout
Twitter: Bodie0402

#23 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

Sheff Yoo got 3200 other night as well v Dundee

#24 User is offline   farney 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

View PostBodieUK, on 27 July 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

£15 for a game that has barely any significance is far too pricey for most people. I wasnt surprised at all at the turnout

I bought a ticket 2 weeks ago but spit my dummy out and didnt go because we havent signed a striker

#25 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 27 July 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Leeds are by far and away the biggest club the new ground has hosted.

Everyone was buzzing last year at the CC draw so what's changed?

The low crowds at these games are due to pricing and lack of signings.

The villa game will be lower gate still.

Again, they are second rate, not even good second rate

There is some merit in the last two lines though
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#26 User is offline   S43_Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Footy, Computers and Holidays in Florida

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

It's time DA realized that he is not the Chairman of Sheffield 'Massive' anymore.

The more he says the less I like him.
#StopGoing

#27 User is offline   charleyfarley11 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

View Postfarney, on 27 July 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

I bought a ticket 2 weeks ago but spit my dummy out and didnt go because we havent signed a striker

Nothing like supporting your team eh?

#28 User is offline   farney 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

View Postcharleyfarley11, on 27 July 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

Nothing like supporting your team eh?

Yes 61 years

#29 User is offline   charleyfarley11 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

View Postfarney, on 27 July 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

Yes 61 years

So why not go yesterday? Cos we haven't signed a striker? , seems a odd reason to me, you missed a great performance

#30 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

View PostS43_Spireite, on 27 July 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

It's time DA realized that he is not the Chairman of Sheffield 'Massive' anymore.

there is actually some merit in that statement - he has to realise we are small(ish) lower league club with a small(ish) fan base.

You cant just demand 7000 locals turn up - that's double the gates from 5/6 years ago and the only thing that's going to get that many bums on seats is WINNING your home games, and winning well in the right way.

I decided to look at the CFC history records and see what our attendances have been, and to see if there was any realistic basis for the chairman and CEO to base their views on - I came up with this.=

since 1925 our average gate has been 6130 - less than 6200 - including a decade in the second tier getting gates close to 15000. All up to and including our last season at saltergate.

Since 1982 we have averaged 3731. All up to and including our last season at saltergate.

So why do they expect 7000+ to turn up for a game against MK dons?

Maybe these figures and this question can be asked at the next fans forum thingy. Turners reply might give as laugh

View PostSpired, on 27 July 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

didnt rotherham get 3600 at home vs Forest

What was DA expecting?

a sell out and locking the gates
A new hope.

#31 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 27 July 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

there is actually some merit in that statement - he has to realise we are small(ish) lower league club with a small(ish) fan base.

You cant just demand 7000 locals turn up - that's double the gates from 5/6 years ago and the only thing that's going to get that many bums on seats is WINNING your home games, and winning well in the right way.

I decided to look at the CFC history records and see what our attendances have been, and to see if there was any realistic basis for the chairman and CEO to base their views on - I came up with this.=

since 1925 our average gate has been 6130 - less than 6200 - including a decade in the second tier getting gates close to 15000. All up to and including our last season at saltergate.

Since 1982 we have averaged 3731. All up to and including our last season at saltergate.
When I first started watching we were in the old Third Division but were relegated and could barely win a match that season

Towards the end of the season I think we put a little run together of two or three wins and the attendance for the next home match jumped

from around 4000 to over 12000 simply on the back of that little run of wins.

We lost the home match so I think the next home gate was about 5000

The season was 1960/61 and just looked the figures up.

We beat Bristol City at home Mar 11th(4451) won the next three matches QPR Notts County and Barnsley and then lost at home to Hull on Mar 31st

in front of 12079. Next home match Bradford City 5388 attended

How would DA work out his budget faced with that and it wasnt the first time that had happened over the years

So why do they expect 7000+ to turn up for a game against MK dons?

Maybe these figures and this question can be asked at the next fans forum thingy. Turners reply might give as laugh

a sell out and locking the gates

#32 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

Whittman- Ive been going since 78 - and in all that time, bar the Cox/Barlow seasons in 79-80-81 we have been around 4000 or so - crikey - we even averaged around 2500 in a couple of seasons didn't we.

To average - not spike for a couple of games - 7000 for a season in the basement we would need unprecedented levels of support, given the away followings.

It was at the very least ambitious and short sighted to expect those sorts of figures.

IMO.

A new hope.

#33 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 27 July 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

Whittman- Ive been going since 78 - and in all that time, bar the Cox/Barlow seasons in 79-80-81 we have been around 4000 or so - crikey - we even averaged around 2500 in a couple of seasons didn't we.

To average - not spike for a couple of games - 7000 for a season in the basement we would need unprecedented levels of support, given the away followings. That's almost double the sort of support we have had in my time supporting CFC. Its hardly realistic is it.

It was at the very least ambitious and short sighted to expect those sorts of figures.

IMO.

A new hope.

#34 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

Back to Morrison. Talking to his dad after the game at Alfreton and within Evatt's earshot I couldn't believe the kid was only 16 when his dad told me after what I had just seen. His dad said something like "Yeah, but will he get a chance." To which Evo said straight out "He'll get a chance! " Impressive but some kids hit the buffers and never improve after looking world beaters - I think we had one last week from LIverpool from what I saw - but the signs are very good.

#35 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

View Postboot, on 27 July 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

Back to Morrison. Talking to his dad after the game at Alfreton and within Evatt's earshot I couldn't believe the kid was only 16 when his dad told me after what I had just seen. His dad said something like "Yeah, but will he get a chance." To which Evo said straight out "He'll get a chance! " Impressive but some kids hit the buffers and never improve after looking world beaters - I think we had one last week from LIverpool from what I saw - but the signs are very good.

Can you remember when Kevin Davies joined the YT. He looked good in the pre season games and within a month was in the first team, and, injury apart, he never left if. He was 16 too.

Not expecting such a meteoric rise in this case, he's not got the same build for a start, but if he's good enough he'll get a game sooner rather than later.

I was stood with a non league manager and a Wednesday scout at the Hallam game and they were both asking me who he was as they were very impressed.

#36 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

View Postboot, on 27 July 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

What position has he played in for the youth team?
A new hope.

#37 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

I didn't go because of family commitment but I honestly think mr Allen needs to realise that he is responsible for the towns football fans losing the momentum . Chesterfield public was buzzing and kids wanted to go then he allowed the club to fall backwards maybe he needs to look closer to home and stop blaming the customers
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#38 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 27 July 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

I didn't go because of family commitment but I honestly think mr Allen needs to realise that he is responsible for the towns football fans losing the momentum . Chesterfield public was buzzing and kids wanted to go then he allowed the club to fall backwards maybe he needs to look closer to home and stop blaming the customers

By not increasing the debt that is already too high ? I believe any overspend last season was well understood and planned to achieve promotion. The rest is smoke and mirrors . Dave Allen has decided to reign in and the idea that a black hole has suddenly appeared that he knew nothing about is farcical. The same budget as last year means he'll claw back the losses and we are a selling club - he is a business man not a philanthropist but he' s done very well by us so far.

This post has been edited by boot: 27 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

#39 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

Tesco have also not made the profits this last financial year have you heard them blame the customers

This post has been edited by martatcross: 27 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#40 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 27 July 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

Dave Allen is well aware that a successful team playing attractive football will entice the public back to the proact on a regular basis. Make no mistake this league will be a hard slog for us this time.

Maybe the customers should get a dose of reality and take into consideration all the factors that can effect the teams performance. You come across as though money is not an issue and DA should throw money at the team come what may. All this in hindsight again and from fans who really have no clue as to the running of the club.

I am not being disrespectful towards you M but just commenting on the general view that a lot of fans fail to realise what money is available within the club.

Cook was brought to the club because of his success with the smaller budget, that seems to be the path we are going down and fans seem to ignore the debt/financial controls of the league.

Without DA and his introduction of CT who knows how things would be but I'd wager there would be plenty of hand wringing on the terraces.

It's the start of the season, we could still see ins and OUTS so lets look forward with a bit of optimism after what we have seen on the pitch - at the end of the day DA has to look after his investment attendance wise.

God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users