• You cannot reply to this topic

Away Strip is it due?

#21 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostMiddle East, on 25 June 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

Fuerteventura mate and I'm really hoping to meet someone as fascinating as Sammy at the bar in my hotel so we can while away the hours debating whether its 27.777733 degrees or 27.777732 and the precise number of drops of water it took to fill the swimming pool over a beer, biere, cerveza or which ever way you spell it..........

Sorry to dissapoint but Fuerteventura isn't my thing, you should enjoy it though.

#22 User is offline   acarson 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

Before you all start killing each other or the staff in the Superstore, allow me to clarify the shirt situation.

The Home Shirt has been delivered and very well received. Sales are going very well, so thank you to all who have purchased them. I want to continue to push the Home Shirts for another couple of weeks and then introduce the Away Shirt.

I am looking at probably taking delivery week commencing 7th July. For further clarification all the Away Kit is now in the UK, so no problems with deliver. Contrary to some comments on here the kit ordered are very carefully planned now since dealing with a professional company (Genesis) and everything is exactly as planned.

The 3rd strip will be Red, but will not go on general sale. But if well received could be considered as a future Away strip.

The Numbers on the Team Strip for next season will all contain the Prostate Cancer Logo as part of the Football Leagues commitment to the Charity.

Kind Regards
AshleyC

#23 User is offline   rc1979 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

View Postacarson, on 26 June 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Before you all start killing each other or the staff in the Superstore, allow me to clarify the shirt situation.

The Home Shirt has been delivered and very well received. Sales are going very well, so thank you to all who have purchased them. I want to continue to push the Home Shirts for another couple of weeks and then introduce the Away Shirt.

I am looking at probably taking delivery week commencing 7th July. For further clarification all the Away Kit is now in the UK, so no problems with deliver. Contrary to some comments on here the kit ordered are very carefully planned now since dealing with a professional company (Genesis) and everything is exactly as planned.

The 3rd strip will be Red, but will not go on general sale. But if well received could be considered as a future Away strip.

The Numbers on the Team Strip for next season will all contain the Prostate Cancer Logo as part of the Football Leagues commitment to the Charity.

Kind Regards
AshleyC

Ashley,

So when was the earliest you could have had the away shirts delivered? Because after reading that it sounds like you have held them back?! And if that is the case,then to me, that is a very strange decision to make

#24 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

View Postrc1979, on 26 June 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

Ashley,

So when was the earliest you could have had the away shirts delivered? Because after reading that it sounds like you have held them back?! And if that is the case,then to me, that is a very strange decision to make

By restricting the supply in the short term, it places greater demand on the home shirt, which obviously suits the Club given the ratio of home:away shirts ordered.

Outside of football, it's very much the norm when launching products.

#25 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 26 June 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

By restricting the supply in the short term, it places greater demand on the home shirt, which obviously suits the Club given the ratio of home:away shirts ordered.

maybe so but thats no consolation for anyone wanting to buy the away shirt.
put them both on sale at same time, people buy whichever they want & club still gets the profits.

#26 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 26 June 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

[/b]

maybe so but thats no consolation for anyone wanting to buy the away shirt.
put them both on sale at same time, people buy whichever they want & club still gets the profits.

The aim will be to try and get people to buy two shirts.

#27 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

Kind Regards
AshleyC

The same as the Green and White stripped away shirt was going to be given consideration, your words I believe Ashley, after proving to be a popular option when the Black shirt was chosen?
East stand second class citizen.

#28 User is offline   rc1979 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 26 June 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

Well they won't be getting my money for the away one now as it will get spent on something else. Crazy idea

#29 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 26 June 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

The aim will be to try and get people to buy two shirts.

i understand the idea i just dont see how it works in this case. people will buy both if they want both, but i cant see anyone who wants the away one thinking 'ah well ill get the home one instead'.

#30 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

View Postrc1979, on 26 June 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

Well they won't be getting my money for the away one now as it will get spent on something else. Crazy idea

Put your dummy back in. Good job you're not an Everton fan. They only released their home shirt yesterday! Crazy scenes!

#31 User is offline   rc1979 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

View Posthilly81, on 26 June 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

Put your dummy back in. Good job you're not an Everton fan. They only released their home shirt yesterday! Crazy scenes!

What are u on about? I've got the money to buy me and my son an away shirt right now, so why don't the club get the shirts in and have my money!!!! Not that hard to work out hillbilly!

#32 User is offline   Martyg 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

People will buy the shirts when they want and which one they want.
End of the day the new home shirt hasn't changed that much so that would make do until the away shirt is available.
It's not sticking!!!

#33 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

View Postrc1979, on 26 June 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

What are u on about? I've got the money to buy me and my son an away shirt right now, so why don't the club get the shirts in and have my money!!!! Not that hard to work out hillbilly!

Ha Ha. Bless you. Here's something else not that hard to work out. Take that money, put it somewhere safe and when the away shirts are in the shop at the carefully pre planned time as mentioned above by AC, buy them!

#34 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

Kind Regards
AshleyC

A quick update to this, just been to the club shop for my son's birthday present and spoke to Maureen. The away strip is due to be delivered on Tuesday, so should be on sale at some point on Wednesday.

#35 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

Any confirmation on this, Marcia?

Also, i see Sheff Utd have only just released the design for theit new kits, they must have lost a fortune on Holiday sales (Skeggy must).

Glad to see they have moved away from a Chesterfield (ish) based sponsor too. (ok, they changed last close-season but the point is still valid!)

Man Utd's lateness in releasing their latest American-ised kit must have cost them millions in sales too :windup

#36 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

Still 3 days before Arsenal even reveal their kit.

This post has been edited by JonB: 07 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

#37 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 07 July 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

Any confirmation on this, Marcia?

Also, i see Sheff Utd have only just released the design for theit new kits, they must have lost a fortune on Holiday sales (Skeggy must).

Glad to see they have moved away from a Chesterfield (ish) based sponsor too. (ok, they changed last close-season but the point is still valid!)

Man Utd's lateness in releasing their latest American-ised kit must have cost them millions in sales too :windup

Still expected to arrive tomorrow, so will be on sale tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday, depending on what time it arrives tomorrow.

#38 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 07 July 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

Still expected to arrive tomorrow, so will be on sale tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday, depending on what time it arrives tomorrow.

Any update on this, Marcia?

#39 User is offline   Fan28 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 09 July 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

Any update on this, Marcia?

Leave the poor woman alone!! Ring the shop maybe?!

#40 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

View PostFan28, on 09 July 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

Leave the poor woman alone!! Ring the shop maybe?!

She loves it!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users