• Group: Members

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

is the new away strip due out soon ?
off on my hols very soon.

#2 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

View PostcarlT, on 23 June 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

is the new away strip due out soon ?
off on my hols very soon.

Called the club shop today as am on me holidays on Thursday and its not arrived yet. I was told end of the month start of July! :rolleyes:
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#3 User is online   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostMiddle East, on 24 June 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Called the club shop today as am on me holidays on Thursday and its not arrived yet. I was told end of the month start of July! :rolleyes:

Well it isnt really the end of the month, start of July yet.... :rolleyes:

#4 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:33 AM

View PostJonB, on 24 June 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

Well it isnt really the end of the month, start of July yet.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the sarcastic eyeroll when I was simply answering a question! Luckily I can tell the time, date, month etc. and as a result already have a club calander.......unfortunately I don't have an away shirt!

They originally said they would be on sale by late june and as today is the 25th I personally would call that late June.

It happens every year without fail, they say they are arriving at a certain time and then they don't, so as I will have been on my holidays by the time they arrive thats £40 they won't be getting!

Judging by the OP I am obviously not on my own in wanting one to wear on my holidays. Is it really that hard to get them in by the beginning of June.....

This post has been edited by Middle East: 25 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

#5 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

It might be heading towards late June but as they said early July as well its definitely not that! I would be thinking next week which sees June going into July but i would also be ringing the club\club shop for an answer who are more likely to know than on here. The home shirt is available if folk really want a shirt for holiday and the last few years things have got better in terms of when shirts are available. We will be at the whim of Puma as to when stock is provided.

#6 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:21 AM

If they're being made in a Chinese-owned factory in Vietnam, we won't see them for weeks due the rioting there.

Made my working life hell for the last few weeks!!

#7 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostJonB, on 25 June 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

It might be heading towards late June but as they said early July as well its definitely not that! I would be thinking next week which sees June going into July but i would also be ringing the club\club shop for an answer who are more likely to know than on here. The home shirt is available if folk really want a shirt for holiday and the last few years things have got better in terms of when shirts are available. We will be at the whim of Puma as to when stock is provided.

Without wishing to get involved in a pointless arguement about what constitutes late June, to clarify....

1) About 3/4 weeks ago the club announced on the O/S the shirts would be on sale late June (25th is late June to most people but obviously not you)
2) Having experienced the clubs incompetence over shirt sales in past years rather than waste my time going down I did ring them!
3) I was then told over the phone June/July by a young girl who didn't sound like she had a clue.....
4) I have already bought the home shirt and will be wearing that but quite fancied the away one as well
5) The main reason I buy one is to wear it on holiday.....no shirt before holiday equals no £38 for the club!
6) Other clubs manage to get their kits out early as they know people want them for holidays and want to maximise their sales we apparently don't...
7) Things may well have got better but they are still missing out on commercial opportunities/revenue by not having them in stock
8) My original post was to help the OP and your attempted clever clog response was totally pointless
9) Thank god I am going on my holidays and will have plenty of other distractions as this board is totally boring at the moment and I really can't believe I am being reduced to debates like this............

This post has been edited by Middle East: 25 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

#8 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostMiddle East, on 25 June 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

Without wishing to get involved in a pointless arguement about what constitutes late June, to clarify....

1) About 3/4 weeks ago the club announced on the O/S the shirts would be on sale late June (25th is late June to most people but obviously not you)
2) Having experienced the clubs incompetence over shirt sales in past years rather than waste my time going down I did ring them!
3) I was then told over the phone June/July by a young girl who didn't sound like she had a clue.....
4) I have already bought the home shirt and will be wearing that but quite fancied the away one as well
5) The main reason I buy one is to wear it on holiday.....no shirt before holiday equals no £38 for the club!
6) Other clubs manage to get their kits out early as they know people want them for holidays and want to maximise their sales we apparently don't...
7) Things may well have got better but they are still missing out on commercial opportunities/revenue by not having them in stock
8) My original post was to help the OP and your attempted clever clog response was totally pointless
9) Thank god I am going on my holidays and will have plenty of other distractions as this board is totally boring at the moment and I really can't believe I am being reduced to debates like this............

Re question 6, how many teams away shirts are available to buy right now?

#9 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

You seem stressed. Perhaps you need a holiday?

#10 User is offline   Xerxes 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 25 June 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Re question 6, how many teams away shirts are available to buy right now?

a lot are still awaiting their first deliveries of their new home kits let alone the away ones

#11 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostXerxes, on 25 June 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

a lot are still awaiting their first deliveries of their new home kits let alone the away ones

Exactly!!

And I don't really get the "I need the shirt for my holidays" line either, surely other Brits abroad are more likely to recognise previous seasons shirts than another one, especially as the sponsor has changed!!

#12 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

A quick check reveals most Premiership teams haven't even released images of their new kits, never mind got them on sale yet!!!

Just think of all the shirt sales they're missing........

#13 User is offline   sherbet fountain 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

Can't understand why anyone would want to wear a polyester shirt on holiday.

"Look at me I'm a Chesterfield fan and that's why I'm sweating buckets"!
NORTHAMPTON 783

#14 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

You need a holiday my son after reading that!
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#15 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 25 June 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

A quick check reveals most Premiership teams haven't even released images of their new kits, never mind got them on sale yet!!!

Just think of all the shirt sales they're missing........

Glad you spent time researching that and the humidity versus polyester factor......perhaps you need a holiday!

#16 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 25 June 2014 - 06:05 PM, said:

and the humidity versus polyester factor......perhaps you need a holiday!

That wasn't me ;-)

This post has been edited by Sammy Spireite: 25 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

#17 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 25 June 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

That wasn't me ;-)

Accepted, but by the time i get back off holiday i would like you to publish the release dates of every league clubs home and away shirts......after you rearrange and label your pants and socks draw obviously!

#18 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 25 June 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

Accepted, but by the time i get back off holiday i would like you to publish the release dates of every league clubs home and away shirts......after you rearrange and label your pants and socks draw obviously!

Where you off to mate?
Every need got an ego to feed

#19 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 25 June 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

You were the one that made the sweeping statement, not me.

Accept you were wrong, stop thinking about my smalls and we can all move on!

Edit; and it's drawer.....

This post has been edited by Sammy Spireite: 25 June 2014 - 07:45 PM

#20 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostScreamadelica, on 25 June 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

Where you off to mate?

Fuerteventura mate and I'm really hoping to meet someone as fascinating as Sammy at the bar in my hotel so we can while away the hours debating whether its 27.777733 degrees or 27.777732 and the precise number of drops of water it took to fill the swimming pool over a beer, biere, cerveza or which ever way you spell it..........

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users