Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Defamation Act 2013 - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Defamation Act 2013 Warning to Members

#21 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:17 PM

Thought this thread was about the players and the owners
Have passport will travel

#22 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:56 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 27 April 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

😂 that made me chuckle

#23 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:37 PM

Is calling the team footballers, Carson a human being or Allen a caring man a defamation of character? After all they are all lies
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#24 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:44 PM

fishini said:

1524861448[/url]' post='1386303']
Is calling the team footballers, Carson a human being or Allen a caring man a defamation of character? After all they are all lies

Carson, by genetic default, is human. So yes, probably

Does Carson have a moral and social code fitting of his role and responsibilities at chesterfield F.C.?

Answers on a post card guys and girls. The winner will be drawn at random, and the prize will a free place, including hotels and match entry to all games arranged for the pre season tour
A new hope.

#25 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:12 PM

you can't be guilty if you post facts or opinion and state so.

Ashley Carson is an odious man. In my humble opinion. I could be wrong.

For example

This post has been edited by Spired: 27 April 2018 - 09:16 PM

#26 User is offline   NOFX 

• get on up feed the ducks with a bun
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:dwarf wrestling

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:45 PM

How has Mr Carson done so well in business as an ass ay master? I’m sorry but I do deals and ship products around the country all day 5 days a week, if I promised my best customer a deal 3 or 4 times ,and never delivered , I’m sure my customer would go elsewhere

This post has been edited by NOFX: 27 April 2018 - 09:46 PM

#27 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:02 PM

View PostBeastMode, on 27 April 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

Is there a way of proving you ain’t a C U next tuesday in court?

He's more of a Thursday Week Accredited Total

#28 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:42 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 27 April 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

No, that would be the defacation act
Hater of all things Scab!

#29 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:50 PM

View PostPontePete, on 27 April 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:

No, that would be the defacation act

😀

#30 User is offline   Oldtimer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:13 AM

View PostNOFX, on 27 April 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

How has Mr Carson done so well in business as an ass ay master? I’m sorry but I do deals and ship products around the country all day 5 days a week, if I promised my best customer a deal 3 or 4 times ,and never delivered , I’m sure my customer would go elsewhere

The Peter Principle - although somewhat tongue in cheek - states everyone rises to their level of incompetence. I tend to think that Carson slipped through the net or that others above him who are similarly incompetent need to promote someone to be even more incompetent than any of them and they chose Carson.

#31 User is offline   NOFX 

• get on up feed the ducks with a bun
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:dwarf wrestling

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:48 AM

Back to the defamation act there are many definitions of defamation. Although the onus is on the person committing the alleged defamation to defend themselves, you really don’t want to go there . Defamation is usually publishing something
untrue which
A brings the defamed person into hatred ridicule or contempt
B lowers them in the eyes of the general public
C suggests they are less than honest in business dealings .
You could argue that Ashley Carson and Chesterfield fc have actually
done all these things to themselves. Who had ever heard of Ashley Carson before he became our glorious leader?

#32 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:56 AM

View PostNOFX, on 28 April 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Back to the defamation act there are many definitions of defamation. Although the onus is on the person committing the alleged defamation to defend themselves, you really don’t want to go there . Defamation is usually publishing something
untrue which
A brings the defamed person into hatred ridicule or contempt
B lowers them in the eyes of the general public
C suggests they are less than honest in business dealings .
You could argue that Ashley Carson and Chesterfield fc have actually
done all these things to themselves. Who had ever heard of Ashley Carson before he became our glorious leader?

A flippant answer to your final question could well prove libelous.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#33 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:23 AM

Obviously,in a general sense, if the person is defamed already, saying something defamatory has not added to what negativity there was already there.

Also, the individual "defamed" must demonstrate a clear demonstrable loss - a difficult one. Each case is based on its own merits.

#34 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:12 AM

View PostElton John 2018, on 28 April 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

Obviously,in a general sense, if the person is defamed already, saying something defamatory has not added to what negativity there was already there.

Also, the individual "defamed" must demonstrate a clear demonstrable loss - a difficult one. Each case is based on its own merits.

Cheers Perry.

#35 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:32 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 27 April 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

Perhaps where some posters have gone what could be considered over the line, they may believe they have evidence to support their opinions should anything go to court? There has been some stuff posted which you could quite easily be challenged but equally there is also a lot of stuff posted, which if true, it wouldn’t be is some people’s interest for it to be in court, and indeed not possibly the club’s.

Your defence could be that your a fu##*.n
Idiot which in a lot of cases would stand up in court. Merry Xmas everyone
God I hate this league.

#36 User is offline   Albert Holmes Slides In 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:30 PM

The internet would be a better non-place if users, instead of remaining anonymous under cute handles like Jay Silverboots and Tonto the Loan Arranger, had to use their own identity. Defamation, sexism, racism, gallumping stupidity and complete ollox are given the get-go if all anyone will know of us is that Origami Football or the Gym-Slip Boy said it. Why couldn't we discuss Chesterfield Football Club as ourselves? Real life happens that way. I don't carry a mask.

If you would never have the guts to look Mr Allen (either of them) or Mr Carson in the eye and say what you are saying then you probably shouldn't be saying it. And the same should apply to players, who would expect criticism, but not personal abuse.

To great unpopularity I have been trying to point out that an undercurrent of unconscious racism and sexism seems TO ME to inform some of the opinions expressed by posters on this board. I think it is important to call it out when you find it; plenty of others disagree. But I'm not from the snowflake generation, I'm old and I'm not easy to offend and I know when daft opinions signal something else. It's dangerous and shouldn't be left to fester. It isn't okay.

I've had my say. Moondog, there are many laws to which we should be directed on here. You are right to do it. If you are in charge here I would be grateful if you could expunge my own stupid handle and my identity from this board. It isn't something I want to be part of anymore. Thank you for your time.

If you can just wipe me out entirely it'll be good. I only came back to say that. And the reply below only further exemplifies the dangers. I won't be back, but there are good and interesting people on here too.

This post has been edited by Albert Holmes Slides In: 10 December 2018 - 06:01 PM

#37 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:42 PM

View PostAlbert Holmes Slides In, on 10 December 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

The internet would be a better non-place if users, instead of remaining anonymous under cute handles like Jay Silverboots and Tonto the Loan Arranger, had to use their own identity. Defamation, sexism, racism, gallumping stupidity and complete ollox are given the get-go if all anyone will know of us is that Origami Football or the Gym-Slip Boy said it. Why couldn't we discuss Chesterfield Football Club as ourselves? Real life happens that way. I don't carry a mask.

If you would never have the guts to look Mr Allen (either of them) or Mr Carson in the eye and say what you are saying then you probably shouldn't be saying it. And the same should apply to players, who would expect criticism, but not personal abuse.

To great unpopularity I have been trying to point out that an undercurrent of unconscious racism and sexism seems TO ME to inform some of the opinions expressed by posters on this board. I think it is important to call it out when you find it; plenty of others disagree. But I'm not from the snowflake generation, I'm old and I'm not easy to offend and I know when daft opinions signal something else. It's dangerous and shouldn't be left to fester. It isn't okay.

I've had my say. Moondog, there are many laws to which we should be directed on here. You are right to do it. If you are in charge here I would be grateful if you could expunge my own stupid handle and my identity from this board. It isn't something I want to be part of anymore. Thank you for your time.

You’ve been told you’re in the wrong, there is no racist undercurrent on here which you’ve accused everyone of. You have no right to imply anyone on here is racist unless you can back this up with real evidence? Now either apologise for accusing good people of racism on here or things are going to be taken further with you as this continual tirade is libellous and unacceptable. Your simple choice.

#38 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:13 PM

'I don't carry a mask' says Albert Holmes Slides In.

Brilliant.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 10 December 2018 - 06:41 PM

#39 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:29 PM

View PostAlbert Holmes Slides In, on 10 December 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

If you can just wipe me out entirely it'll be good. I only came back to say that. And the reply below only further exemplifies the dangers. I won't be back, but there are good and interesting people on here too.

Our policy is not to "expunge" a members account and their postings as this just encourages the conduct you highlight. If someone has made a posting that they go on to realise will or has caused offence then if a moderator agrees (I am one of a team, not in charge) then of course it can be removed especially when accompanied by a genuine apology.

In your case we've had no such request, instead now a repeat of an allegation of racism against unidentified members (or everyone) with again nothing to substantiate it. If you don't want to be part of the forum, then simply stop posting, Personally I hope you don't as I enjoy reading most of your postings, with its unique style.

You can also help the moderating team if you can provide examples of unconscious racism, that we may have missed, you don't have to do this openly you can send me a PM or press the report function that will enable all of the moderating team to see, ideally if this is with the postings you are concerned about then we can all look at them.

You can also change your user name to your real name if you wish to waive your anonymity, we do have some posters that do that and I happen to agree it would be better in many respects if everyone did, feel free to lead by example.

You may not be aware but there are a couple of Facebook discussion groups where identities are open, join them if you like, I can give you details.

#40 User is offline   Jack Lester's Cast 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:30 PM

View Postmoondog, on 10 December 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

Our policy is not to "expunge" a members account and their postings as this just encourages the conduct you highlight. If someone has made a posting that they go on to realise will or has caused offence then if a moderator agrees (I am one of a team, not in charge) then of course it can be removed especially when accompanied by a genuine apology.

In your case we've had no such request, instead now a repeat of an allegation of racism against unidentified members (or everyone) with again nothing to substantiate it. If you don't want to be part of the forum, then simply stop posting, Personally I hope you don't as I enjoy reading most of your postings, with its unique style.

You can also help the moderating team if you can provide examples of unconscious racism, that we may have missed, you don't have to do this openly you can send me a PM or press the report function that will enable all of the moderating team to see, ideally if this is with the postings you are concerned about then we can all look at them.

You can also change your user name to your real name if you wish to waive your anonymity, we do have some posters that do that and I happen to agree it would be better in many respects if everyone did, feel free to lead by example.

You may not be aware but there are a couple of Facebook discussion groups where identities are open, join them if you like, I can give you details.

I would be interested in these groups if possible Mark.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users