Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Aaaaand Breath... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aaaaand Breath...

#21 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:23 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 01 May 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

I think you're wrongly attributing more brain cells to Turner & Co than your beer addled self, Mick.

Errm is that complimentary?
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#22 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:10 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 01 May 2016 - 08:40 AM, said:

It's been a truly lousy season.

The fire sale of anyone worth a bob or two, Saunders, a budget blown on iffy signings, injuries, embarrassing performances, debts continuing to rise inexplicably, critical reports in the national media, visits from film crew accompanied bailiffs, Turner and Sutcliffe...

A recipe for relegation if ever there was one.

However amidst all this chaos a certain Mr D Wilson arrived, kept a calm head and guided us to safety.

Yeah some games left us begging for a shot on goal whilst points dropped to relegation rivals were like kicks in the knackers (ladies choose your own metaphor) - but then who can argue with the job eventually done? Who can complain at fist-punching wins at the likes of Gillingham, Southend and Barnsley? Who can deny he's dragged 'The Powers That Be' out of a huge hole of their own digging?

Especially when we remember the mess and mistakes he inherited whilst losing players at regular intervals.

The turning point?

Let me take you back to a cold Tuesday night in February when ten man Town were a goal down to a Colchester outfit who'd not won since God were a lad. It seemed like everything that could go wrong was going wrong, an almost tangible inevitability to our demise, however out of the blue U's defender Richard Brindley felled Lee Novak as he was actually exiting the area leaving the ref no choice but to award us a penno. Novak converted to level things whilst our depleted side found new purpose and hung on for a desperately needed draw.

Since then it's been a steady, albeit stumbling journey towards a survival few would have predicted prior to dastardly Dick hacking at 'super' Lee's ankles.

Yesterday?

We turned up, Bury didn't; simple as that. Infact if ever a side played in flip-flops it was them. That's not to detract from our lads' effort, mind, as they did exactly what they had to do. Kinda ironic that a Dan Gardner wearing a Bury shirt this time last week scored the goal that clinched the result, too. Arriyibi had one of those games that'll no doubt have the CEO touting his name before insisting '...but he's going nowhere!', O'Shea tormented, Banks continued the improvement that's come with time on the pitch and on the ball (and winning, oooh, I dunno - at least three headers!), Liddle looked like a new signing whilst Hird...well, the man just oozes class and it'll be a criminal miscarriage of justice if he's not POTY by some distance.

No dramas, no nervous nail-biting, no need for Hurst-esque euphoria, just League One football secured with a game to spare. Who thought we'd be saying that six months ago.

Perhaps the final word should go to a visitor to our forum who seems to've gone strangely absent over recent times - 'Wooly'. Y'see back in those dark days of doubt some nondescript nobodies from North Notts were enjoying remarkable success by their lowly standards, giddy heights that left their tiny band of followers fantasising about something not witnessed in a generation or more. Unable to help himself our friend 'Wooly' giggled like a kid at Christmas before declaring 'Remember we've been down and had our bad times but we're on the way up. Now it's your turn. Starting with certain relegation this season and from there administration. PS Crewe will batter you Saturday. Going down going down going down. :lol: :lol: :lol:'.

Oh dear. If there's one thing guaranteed to stir the Gods of Football into action it's a Staglet yet again predicting their little club somehow eclipsing us. Indeed maybe we should offer all those doing so a big vote of thanks - cheers boys and girls; we couldn't have done it without you.

And hey - if Donny go down who'll your chairman be cheering for when you play them; the Club he's spent decades sponsoring and supporting...or Mansfield Town?

Like it but there's an e at the end of breathe. Sorry.

#23 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:41 AM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 02 May 2016 - 07:10 AM, said:

Like it but there's an e at the end of breathe. Sorry.

Maybe he's exhaling it doesn't sound right but when showing relief you tend to exhale which is breath (ok a load of b....cks)
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#24 User is offline   sherbet fountain 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:30 PM

Add your own e that's what the row of ..... is for!
NORTHAMPTON 783

#25 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:56 PM

Roman youth If I had the time I'd search back through all your previous posts where you were convinced CFC were going down too.

Seeing as I can't be bothered please accept my sincere congratulations on finishing 17/18th in Division 3.
Choo Choo

#26 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:58 PM

View PostWooly, on 03 May 2016 - 02:56 PM, said:

Roman youth If I had the time I'd search back through all your previous posts where you were convinced CFC were going down too.

Seeing as I can't be bothered please accept my sincere congratulations on finishing 17/18th in Division 3.

You've got the wrong man, that's Walton.
East stand second class citizen.

#27 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:58 PM

Pratt.

#28 User is online   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:32 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 03 May 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

You've got the wrong man, that's Walton.

Yep that's me. Always good to be wrong every now and then.

#29 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:37 PM

Cheers, 'Wooly'.

And congratulations to your tiny band of fans for finishing mid-table in Division 4.

Quite an achievement by your standards.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#30 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:44 PM

Could either you or one of your yellow stained friends put the thread back up on scabsnet with the pic of a ship sinking along with the comments of how fast we are sinking please,could do with a chuckle.,cheers youth.

This post has been edited by musclelove: 03 May 2016 - 04:45 PM

#31 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:27 PM

Be funny if we sign another of their lot.....

#32 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

As far as I'm aware "LoveMuscleLover" you have to be a "member" on Stagsnet to view. With that in mind why don't you ask them yourself youth?

Was hoping we'd both be in the same division next year somehow to liven it up a bit - but thanks for the kind words MDCCCX - maybe next year...or the year after?
Choo Choo

#33 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:48 PM

View PostWooly, on 03 May 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

As far as I'm aware "LoveMuscleLover" you have to be a "member" on Stagsnet to view. With that in mind why don't you ask them yourself youth?

Was hoping we'd both be in the same division next year somehow to liven it up a bit - but thanks for the kind words MDCCCX - maybe next year...or the year after?

You don't have to be a member to view scabsnet,membership is required to post as I am sure you are aware youth.

#34 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:54 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 03 May 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

Cheers, 'Wooly'.

And congratulations to your tiny band of fans for finishing mid-table in Division 4.

Quite an achievement by your standards.

Your biting Chris....
God I hate this league.

#35 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:34 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 03 May 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

Your biting Chris....

If he's biting Chris then why doesn't Chris say anything? :unsure:
Choo Choo

#36 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostWooly, on 03 May 2016 - 10:34 PM, said:

If he's biting Chris then why doesn't Chris say anything? :unsure:

You are an idiot!
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users