• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What A Goal!!!!

#1 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:18 PM

How good was our third goal.....very much like last season.....rapid counter attack from a Bury corner....Banks, JOS & Gardner absolutely destroyed them...
Banks, picked the perfect pass
Gardner, released it at the perfect time..
& JOS!!! What a class player he is....a sublime turn, put the defender on his backside & eased into Gardners path

GOAL!!!!!

Just goes to show what this team is capable of...brilliant, brilliant goal

I know JOS devides opinion, but he is such a class player....if he gets consistency into his game, we have a perfect player.

#2 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:35 PM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 30 April 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

How good was our third goal.....very much like last season.....rapid counter attack from a Bury corner....Banks, JOS & Gardner absolutely destroyed them...
& JOS!!! What a class player he is....a sublime turn, put the defender on his backside & eased into Gardners path

GOAL!!!!!

I know JOS devides opinion, but he is such a class player....if he gets consistency into his game, we have a perfect player.

Jay O's composure was a class way above our level for the third goal. If he had consistency at that level of ability, we wouldn't have seen him playing at town.

Fantastic counter attacking goal came from the only period of sustained pressure Bury put us under all afternoon.

#3 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:48 PM

Might be wrong, but thought original pass to Gardner was Bolly
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   S41Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:49 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 30 April 2016 - 10:35 PM, said:

Jay O's composure was a class way above our level for the third goal. If he had consistency at that level of ability, we wouldn't have seen him playing at town.

Fantastic counter attacking goal came from the only period of sustained pressure Bury put us under all afternoon.

JOS would be in my team every single week. Marvellous talent.

#5 User is offline   RichThomps1 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:57 PM

View Postmarlons curtains, on 30 April 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

Correct

#6 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:27 PM

Gardner looked like a different player when he came on. Very good, if only he was consistent.

#7 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:08 AM

O'Shea shouldn't divide opinion. He's class

#8 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:15 AM

View Postnovakisaspireite, on 30 April 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

Gardner looked like a different player when he came on. Very good, if only he was consistent.

We all know Gardner is capable of that, IMO opinion he's capable of better, he just can't do it consistently when it really matters. One thing Saunders did get was a bit of consistency out of Gardner.

A 15 minute cameo against bury who were already on the beach proves nowt.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#9 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:51 AM

View Postmarlons curtains, on 30 April 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

Yeah sorry 😊 it was Globy...my bad 😊 late night

#10 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:06 AM

View PostGoku, on 01 May 2016 - 02:08 AM, said:

O'Shea shouldn't divide opinion. He's class

He is but he lacks any sort of consistency. That said, if he was consistent we'd have sold him to a Championship club by now.

Can we afford a class player who is limited in terms of what position he can play and will be superb 1 game in 6(ish), but be a relative passenger the rest of the time?

#11 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:12 AM

View PostDoughnut, on 01 May 2016 - 07:06 AM, said:

He is but he lacks any sort of consistency. That said, if he was consistent we'd have sold him to a Championship club by now.

Can we afford a class player who is limited in terms of what position he can play and will be superb 1 game in 6(ish), but be a relative passenger the rest of the time?

When oshea is given space to play in the final third we won't get a better, it's when teams like sheff u eliminate that space he struggles.

Glad we've got him for another year at least, the man relishes pressure.

#12 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:27 AM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 01 May 2016 - 06:15 AM, said:

We all know Gardner is capable of that, IMO opinion he's capable of better, he just can't do it consistently when it really matters. One thing Saunders did get was a bit of consistency out of Gardner.

A 15 minute cameo against bury who were already on the beach proves nowt.

Gardner is so frustrating. Last time I saw him play before Saturday was a game in the reserves when he ran around like a headless chicken doing nowt.

I remember when he first came to us he could knock the back of the net out. What went wrong since then ?

Is there a player in there ?

#13 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:35 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 01 May 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

Gardner is so frustrating. Last time I saw him play before Saturday was a game in the reserves when he ran around like a headless chicken doing nowt.

I remember when he first came to us he could knock the back of the net out. What went wrong since then ?

Is there a player in there ?

Think if you look at what Danny's done for gboly's game, if there is a player in there with Gardner then Danny is the right man to get it out of him.

#14 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:37 AM

He's one of the best players we have that has been wasted for large parts of the time trying to play a defensive side to his game which he doesn't have. He should be one of the players we build the team around. Technically he is better than Roberts

#15 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 30 April 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

GOAL!!!!!

Calm down, they were at Cleethorpes all game apart from when Donohue spiked their right winger. Fringe players brought on for the second half etc.

The game was relatively safe or Danny would not have sanctioned our gung ho attitude.😀
God I hate this league.

#16 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:30 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 01 May 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

Calm down, they were at Cleethorpes all game apart from when Donohue spiked their right winger. Fringe players brought on for the second half etc.

The game was relatively safe or Danny would not have sanctioned our gung ho attitude.��

At least one of their subs was made to save their full back from further torment from boly and a possible sending off

#17 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:15 AM

The game was relatively safe or Danny would not have sanctioned our gung ho attitude.😀

Rose isn't a fringe play, he can be class when on form.
lindave

#18 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

The right back was withdrawn as he wouldn't have seen 90 minutes after his first half booking and Pope was taken off because he was offering nothing at all and looked about as match fit as myself. They were not removed just to give a couple of the lads an outing.

#19 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:24 AM

Leta not get carried away here...it was the 3rd goal against an already beaten team, a team that looked to be already on their holidays all afternoon......it was the right game for us just when we needed it most......and we took full advantage. ....

Just on a side note it is intresting to see in all our home wins this season we have scored 3 or more goals.......
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#20 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:29 AM

He's not consistent, agreed, but it's hard to get a wideman/centre attacking mid who is without paying big money. For example, Gary Roberts was consistent, or about as consistent as you can be for a wideman/CAM at this level considering his lack of pace, and he was on 3.1k per week which is a lot of money for our club. What I like about O'Shea is that he doesn't hide or change his style of playing unless told. He has his fair share of bad games, absolutely, but he will keep trying to dribble past people and make things happen which takes a lot of confidence. Even the things people criticise him for like trying to go past another man instead of shooting - that's him trying to work better angles by maximising the chance his shot will find the net. He's also a big game player, he seems to always step up whether it's taking a high pressure penalty or just scoring/assisting. Totally get why some people don't rate him that much and if the opposition keep everything tight he finds it hard to work his magic but I don't think we'd be able to get any better pound-for-pound.

Also, I just checked our OS and assuming they've been updated since last match, he's scored 9 and assisted 8 this season, making him our third top scorer and top assister overall. I know it's not been a great season but he's been one of the few players I'd class in the "good" bracket.

Edit; btw I admit I'm biased re. Jayo, he's been one of my faves since he joined us.

This post has been edited by Goku: 01 May 2016 - 11:33 AM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users