Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Signing Lee Novak - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Signing Lee Novak My View

#41 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:56 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 30 April 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

Gary Roberts had one pace, and it wasn't quick.

Roberts did have a bit of pace, he was able to get past players and keep a distance from them. He wasn't lightning quick but had a reasonable amount of pace.

#42 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:01 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 30 April 2016 - 10:52 PM, said:

There's no bigger picture, a team with average crowds of 6ishk can't offer 8k a week to one player.

You suggested in an earlier post about off loading SEB and giving Novak his wages. So you must not think its a totally ridiculous idea.

View PostSiberian Spireite, on 30 April 2016 - 10:56 PM, said:

Exactly. Pace was the last of the many qualities Roberts relied on.
John Robertson is always cited as the prime example of an effective winger without pace, though most wingers without pace nowadays are probably just labelled as wide midfielders.

In all fairness even though Roberts did play on the wing, he was mostly used as an attacking midfielder wasn't he?

#43 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:01 PM

View Postnovakisaspireite, on 30 April 2016 - 10:59 PM, said:

You suggested in an earlier post about off loading SEB and giving Novak his wages. So you must not think its a totally ridiculous idea.

you suggested offering one player 8k per week

I didn't.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#44 User is online   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:03 PM

View Postnovakisaspireite, on 30 April 2016 - 10:54 PM, said:

Thats ridiculous. I was stating the disadvantages of having slow wingers, not saying we should sign a winger on the same money that equals the entire wage bill of Alfreton Town.

Giving Lee Novak £8k a week is the only ridiculous thing I'm seeing on here tonight fella! If he turns it down, you could always click "request more wages board demand" on football manager!
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#45 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:05 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 30 April 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

you suggested offering one player 8k per week

I didn't.

Isn't the club rumoured to be paying 4-5k a week for Novak? Sebs a big earner as well so both their wages add up to about 7-8k which is in the region of 8k is you refer to my first post.

#46 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:06 PM

View Postash_cfc, on 30 April 2016 - 11:03 PM, said:

Giving Lee Novak £8k a week is the only ridiculous thing I'm seeing on here tonight fella! If he turns it down, you could always click "request more wages board demand" on football manager!

If this request isn't granted, I can see us being left behind by our rivals
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#47 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:06 PM

View Postash_cfc, on 30 April 2016 - 11:03 PM, said:

I don't play football manager so respectfully, I have no idea what you're on about.

#48 User is online   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:11 PM

View Postnovakisaspireite, on 30 April 2016 - 11:06 PM, said:

I don't play football manager so respectfully, I have no idea what you're on about.

You should give it a go. Although I'd be concerned about an average league 1 club, with bang average attendances giving a player £8k a week.. We'd be in administration quicker than you could say Rotherham United!!!
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#49 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:13 PM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on 30 April 2016 - 10:56 PM, said:

Exactly. Pace was the last of the many qualities Roberts relied on.
John Robertson is always cited as the prime example of an effective winger without pace, though most wingers without pace nowadays are probably just labelled as wide midfielders.

David Beckham couldn't run at pace for toffee but forged a decent career out of playing out wide in the right. It helped he could drop the ball on stray pubic hair from 50 yards, but still.

#50 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:14 PM

View Postash_cfc, on 30 April 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

You should give it a go. Although I'd be concerned about an average league 1 club, with bang average attendances giving a player £8k a week.. We'd be in administration quicker than you could say Rotherham United!!!

I'll give it a try and put Novak on 20k a week and get back to you lol.

#51 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:19 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 30 April 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

David Beckham couldn't run at pace for toffee but forged a decent career out of playing out wide in the right. It helped he could drop the ball on stray pubic hair from 50 yards, but still.

You don't need pace when you can score from the half way line.

View Postnovakisaspireite, on 30 April 2016 - 08:46 PM, said:

Lee Novak has said multiple times that he would be happy to join us and said today that its up to the people at the top to decide if they want him. (Peak FM)

I don't know about you but I want our squad to be built on hard work, passion, and a never say die attitude, which Lee Novak has. Hes also managed to score 15 goals this season in what is, to put it nicely, a very dysfunctional squad. He can also play in a number of positions, up front, out wide, or behind the striker(s) in a sort of Gary Roberts role. Hes also an honest bloke, and he has a fantastic relationship with the fans. We all know the issue though, his wages. His wage at Birmingham has said to be in the region of around 13k a week, and even though Birmingham did introduce a 5k a week wage cap, it is unknown if this affected him as he signed before it was introduced. It seems obvious that Lee would accept a wage cut to join us, as it will guarantee him first team football, and he would be the star man in our team. In my opinion, if we plan our budget and squad size well, which can actually happen believe it or not, I don't see why we can't afford a large wage up in the region of about 7k a week if we make space, e.g getting rid of big money Ebanks-Blake, as its not in either parties interests that he stays.

Another reason to go for him is ambition. I have met a lot of Chesterfield fans who either aren't renewing their season ticket or are generally disgruntled with the club because they don't see the ambition to justify the ticket prices. Signing Lee, or at least trying to sign him, would make a statement of intent to the fans, and the staff that this club wants to move forward, and try and succeed at being a good football club. We need to sign players that we will use and will be an asset to us, and we need to get rid of the players not good enough. My view is that with all the young talented players coming into the first team fold, like Rai Simons, Gboly Ariyibi, and even Donohue, who must be on a small wage, its time that we sign a proper, championship proven player to guide them, and guide this club into better things.

I know we have signed previously unknown players like Ryan and Morsy etc for relatively little and they turned out to be brilliant, but I don't think this club has the capacity to find rare gems like this anymore after Paul Mitchells departure and Chris Morgans obsession with Sheff Utd players. Danny Wilson will have contacts but his signing of Liddle doesn't fill me with any hope.

If another club snaps him up for more money or he demands a wage that we cannot afford then fair enough. I just hope we try our best to sign him.

This is just my opinion, and some of you may call me an idiot and fair enough, but I just wanted to put this out there and see your opinions on the subject.

#52 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:35 AM

If LN wants 8k per week, we need to shake his hand, say thanks and drop this straight away and move on. Anything over 5k per week and he won't be here next season IMO.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#53 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:46 AM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 01 May 2016 - 05:35 AM, said:

If LN wants 8k per week, we need to shake his hand, say thanks and drop this straight away and move on. Anything over 5k per week and he won't be here next season IMO.

I don't think we'd offer any more than 3.5k. 4K would be pushing it to the max

#54 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:46 AM

This is just my opinion, and some of you may call me an idiot ...

.....not at all.
I'm reassured by the facts that:-
1. DA blamed the last relegation on BH 'not doing enough to keep Davies' so he'll surely pull his finger out.
2. Lee is on £nil after June, not ££££k. A combination of a top end wage and a long contract (by our standards), a relocation package if necessary, and a very early offer might impress him enough. Summat like £4k including bonuses and a 3 year deal. He might be one of them like Jack who knows his own mind.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#55 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:51 AM

Lee Novak has said multiple times that he would be happy to join us and said today that its up to the people at the top to decide if they want him. (Peak FM)

I don't know about you but I want our squad to be built on hard work, passion, and a never say die attitude, which Lee Novak has. Hes also managed to score 15 goals this season in what is, to put it nicely, a very dysfunctional squad. He can also play in a number of positions, up front, out wide, or behind the striker(s) in a sort of Gary Roberts role. Hes also an honest bloke, and he has a fantastic relationship with the fans. We all know the issue though, his wages. His wage at Birmingham has said to be in the region of around 13k a week, and even though Birmingham did introduce a 5k a week wage cap, it is unknown if this affected him as he signed before it was introduced. It seems obvious that Lee would accept a wage cut to join us, as it will guarantee him first team football, and he would be the star man in our team. In my opinion, if we plan our budget and squad size well, which can actually happen believe it or not, I don't see why we can't afford a large wage up in the region of about 8k a week if we make space, e.g getting rid of big money Ebanks-Blake, as its not in either parties interests that he stays.

Another reason to go for him is ambition. I have met a lot of Chesterfield fans who either aren't renewing their season ticket or are generally disgruntled with the club because they don't see the ambition to justify the ticket prices. Signing Lee, or at least trying to sign him, would make a statement of intent to the fans, and the staff that this club wants to move forward, and try and succeed at being a good football club. We need to sign players that we will use and will be an asset to us, and we need to get rid of the players not good enough. My view is that with all the young talented players coming into the first team fold, like Rai Simons, Gboly Ariyibi, and even Donohue, who must be on a small wage, its time that we sign a proper, championship proven player to guide them, and guide this club into better things.

I know we have signed previously unknown players like Ryan and Morsy etc for relatively little and they turned out to be brilliant, but I don't think this club has the capacity to find rare gems like this anymore after Paul Mitchells departure and Chris Morgans obsession with Sheff Utd players. Danny Wilson will have contacts but his signing of Liddle doesn't fill me with any hope.

If another club snaps him up for more money or he demands a wage that we cannot afford then fair enough. I just hope we try our best to sign him.

This is just my opinion, and some of you may call me an idiot and fair enough, but I just wanted to put this out there and see your opinions on the subject.

Let's blow the biggest part of the budget on one player eh. That's brilliant when we know we have SEB on another seasons wages plus the other big earners.

If we sign him it has to make cost effective sense in that he could have an injury ravaged season.

The deal has to be right for cfc.

Remember no in season loans.
God I hate this league.

#56 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:54 AM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 30 April 2016 - 11:06 PM, said:

If this request isn't granted, I can see us being left behind by our rivals

Who are our rivals next time
God I hate this league.

#57 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:55 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 01 May 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

Let's blow the biggest part of the budget on one player eh. That's brilliant when we know we have SEB on another seasons wages plus the other big earners.

If we sign him it has to make cost effective sense in that he could have an injury ravaged season.

The deal has to be right for cfc.

Remember no in season loans.

You're at an age when the marbles should be going. Stop coming on here making sense lol

#58 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:57 AM

I was told yesterday that discussions have happened and we're not so far apart, but it's the agent that wants more money again.

#59 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:04 AM

It's posts with people offering 8k a week that make me thankful we've got DA in charge.
Up the Blues

#60 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostLuSiVe, on 01 May 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

I was told yesterday that discussions have happened and we're not so far apart, but it's the agent that wants more money again.

Who by chester
God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users