• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:43 AM

View Postazul, on 26 April 2016 - 02:38 AM, said:

What's wrong with eBay?

Nothing, I love eBay.

Groupon tends to do football ticket offers from time to time, that and party at the proact tickets!
Here we go again!

#42 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:48 PM

Ashley Carson on Twitter -
"Early Bird will be extended for a further week. Please support us in League 1 next season"
"We are no longer a Yo Yo Club. League 1 bring it on"

#43 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:50 PM

View Postnovakisaspireite, on 30 April 2016 - 09:48 PM, said:

Ashley Carson on Twitter -
"Early Bird will be extended for a further week. Please support us in League 1 next season"
"We are no longer a Yo Yo Club. League 1 bring it on"

If have to say that is well done by the club, it had to be.
East stand second class citizen.

#44 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:53 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 30 April 2016 - 09:50 PM, said:

Agreed.

#45 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:03 PM

Don't you think that it's all a bit of a publicity stunt?
Or
ST sales have been sh*t so they extend the deadline.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#46 User is offline   Eastander 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:07 PM

Phil Tooley deserves some credit - it would appear that his tweet tonight to AC was the catalyst in bringing the Club to it's decision

"Phil Tooley
33 mins
Tweeted this earlier:"
@ChesterfieldFC @ashleycars123 Now we know what Div we'll be in, do the right thing and extend the Early Bird ST deal for a further week!
... and got this reply! "

@PhilTooley @ChesterfieldFC Totally agree. Early Bird will be extended for a further week. Please support us in League 1 next season

#47 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:12 PM

View PostEastander, on 30 April 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

Phil Tooley deserves some credit - it would appear that his tweet tonight to AC was the catalyst in bringing the Club to it's decision

"Phil Tooley
33 mins
@ChesterfieldFC @ashleycars123 Now we know what Div we'll be in, do the right thing and extend the Early Bird ST deal for a further week!

@PhilTooley @ChesterfieldFC Totally agree. Early Bird will be extended for a further week. Please support us in League 1 next season

Big surprise my arris, I'm afraid this was a shoddy exercise from start to finish
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#48 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:22 PM

"Phil Tooley
33 mins

Phil wouldn't send such a demanding public comment to a club director without them being in on it. Some people are so gullible.

#49 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:28 PM

Called it.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#50 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:39 PM

View Postazul, on 30 April 2016 - 10:12 PM, said:

Big surprise my arris, I'm afraid this was a shoddy exercise from start to finish

Signals to me that take up so far has been less than anticipated hence the extension nothing more.

#51 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:46 PM

View PostRodney, on 30 April 2016 - 11:39 PM, said:

Signals to me that take up so far has been less than anticipated hence the extension nothing more.

Says to me cash flow is a problem yet again so needed some quick income with an early deadline knowing plenty would renew regardless of knowing what league we would be in, then offer an extension to reel in the undecided for another cash boost for the following month.

It's laughable and insulting to the fans intelligence that we are supposed to believe that maverick Tooleys tweet to Carson is the reason the deadline was suddenly extended.

#52 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:45 AM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 30 April 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

Says to me cash flow is a problem yet again so needed some quick income with an early deadline knowing plenty would renew regardless of knowing what league we would be in, then offer an extension to reel in the undecided for another cash boost for the following month.

It's laughable and insulting to the fans intelligence that we are supposed to believe that maverick Tooleys tweet to Carson is the reason the deadline was suddenly extended.

You're probably right, either way it's the right thing to do and of course Mr T no longer comes on here so he can't argue otherwise.

#53 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:53 AM

"Phil Tooley
33 mins

He should send him a tweet about getting some extra staff on the concourses at half time. The amount of people that stand in the queues on the kop at half time and give up is ridiculous. We are losing money all the time on extra sales. Unless you leave your seat ages before half time you have no chance of getting served

#54 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:36 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 01 May 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

He should send him a tweet about getting some extra staff on the concourses at half time. The amount of people that stand in the queues on the kop at half time and give up is ridiculous. We are losing money all the time on extra sales. Unless you leave your seat ages before half time you have no chance of getting served

Now you sound sensible considering your infirmatives.
God I hate this league.

#55 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 30 April 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

Phil wouldn't send such a demanding public comment to a club director without them being in on it. Some people are so gullible.

Anyone wanting to buy a ST even weeks after is still able to get at the early bird price aren't they?
The club would rather have the money up front (def worth negotiating if thinking of getting one)

#56 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:28 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 01 May 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

Anyone wanting to buy a ST even weeks after is still able to get at the early bird price aren't they?
The club would rather have the money up front (def worth negotiating if thinking of getting one)

Would be very interesting to go in there and haggle to the price you want. Would be a clear sign to see how desperate we are for cash still if successful.

#57 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:29 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 01 May 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

Would be very interesting to go in there and haggle to the price you want. Would be a clear sign to see how desperate we are for cash still if successful.

Only mentioned it because I heard it happened last season (which from a club point of view is not an issue I guess)

#58 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 01 May 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

Interesting to note that in the East stand they opened up the other kiosk that is usually shut.

I guess there is a capacity figure that triggers opening up the other kiosk.

#59 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:03 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 01 May 2016 - 02:28 PM, said:

Try that in Asda and Morrisons with a trolley full of food worth a £100 and offer £80 because they losing customers to Aldi and Lidl..sorry if you want a ticket then you should pay the price that it is at the time you want it. Whether a stunt or not due to staying up I think the club have done the right thing.

#60 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:11 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 01 May 2016 - 05:03 PM, said:

Try that in Asda and Morrisons with a trolley full of food worth a £100 and offer £80 because they losing customers to Aldi and Lidl..sorry if you want a ticket then you should pay the price that it is at the time you want it. Whether a stunt or not due to staying up I think the club have done the right thing.

Of course it's the right thing, it's just the fact it takes people to complain, rather than the club not respecting the fans enough to make it the end of the season in the first place that leaves a sour taste. They then want a pat on the back for trying to shaft fans in the first place. There's clearly an underlying reason for their strategy in all of this as ive previously stated in my opinion, but we will never know for certain.

The whole Tooley to the rescue doesn't wash with me. Tooley says it needs extending, the quickest discussion in history takes place and the next minute the deadline is extended. I don't think so.

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users