Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#1081 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:48 AM

View Postbrockwell-spireite, on 05 May 2016 - 09:25 AM, said:

The article says he has made his first team debut and scored for them, odd though as he is English so not an "international" player.

One could hazard a guess and say this may be because the UK PPP business could fold given the reported debt and staff allegedly not being paid, so any income from this deal goes into the International one that was set up by the same directors in January

#1082 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:56 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 05 May 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

So is the Town unofficial Academy a post 16 Btec / vocational course?

Maybe the teaching is better than in Bromsgrove?

Yes, and yes that could be a factor, although it seems as though Bromsgrove are expanding their own academy and fans on their message board seem to think he's been snapped up by a professional side.

If he was potentially pro standard he'd be like Derek Daly and would be signing for our true academy. It seems his parents think he's got a chance of achieving that with the PPP, time will tell...

#1083 User is offline   brockwell-spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:14 AM

View Postmoondog, on 05 May 2016 - 10:56 AM, said:

Yes, and yes that could be a factor, although it seems as though Bromsgrove are expanding their own academy and fans on their message board seem to think he's been snapped up by a professional side.

If he was potentially pro standard he'd be like Derek Daly and would be signing for our true academy. It seems his parents think he's got a chance of achieving that with the PPP, time will tell...

IF.... the DC/PPP/IA were all run properly there would be obvious benefits to Mark Smith's academy and the club. ... note the capitalization of the "IF"

#1084 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:18 AM

View Postbrockwell-spireite, on 05 May 2016 - 11:14 AM, said:

IF.... the DC/PPP/IA were all run properly there would be obvious benefits to Mark Smith's academy and the club. ... note the capitalization of the "IF"

Agreed, but no chance of that happening with the present incumbents in charge

#1085 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:34 AM

View Postbrockwell-spireite, on 05 May 2016 - 11:14 AM, said:

That's what gets up my nose. The enterprise itself is not questionable. It's a bludddy good idea, the 'partnership' link is sound, and there is a market - young kids from a wide area who go to simple evening football coaching, and older kids both British and foreigners who can combine coaching with college.

I think we are up to the neck in evidence that it's badly run. The key question remains though...

how much CFC money has been used and has it been paid back?

Do I detect an admission in your post that you've been stitched up by CT?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#1086 User is offline   brockwell-spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:41 AM

View Postdim view, on 05 May 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

That's what gets up my nose. The enterprise itself is not questionable. It's a bludddy good idea, the 'partnership' link is sound, and there is a market - young kids from a wide area who go to simple evening football coaching, and older kids both British and foreigners who can combine coaching with college.

I think we are up to the neck in evidence that it's badly run. The key question remains though...

how much CFC money has been used and has it been paid back?

Do I detect an admission in your post that you've been stitched up by CT?

no mate, there's no admission and no stitching up, i share your frustration that it could potentially open up a talent pool much wider than any of our local rivals in terms of at least running our eye over players and then potentially signing them when we would never have had that chance before, football is a global game now even at lower league level and this could be our way to tap into that.... any team for example who finds a good Indian or Chinese player is onto a gold mine in terms of marketing and exposure, let alone what they do on the field.... but, as we've witnessed, increased exposure requires increased professionalism.

#1087 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:49 AM

View Postbrockwell-spireite, on 05 May 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

no mate, there's no admission and no stitching up, i share your frustration that it could potentially open up a talent pool much wider than any of our local rivals in terms of at least running our eye over players and then potentially signing them when we would never have had that chance before, football is a global game now even at lower league level and this could be our way to tap into that.... any team for example who finds a good Indian or Chinese player is onto a gold mine in terms of marketing and exposure, let alone what they do on the field.... but, as we've witnessed, increased exposure requires increased professionalism.

and also, the business model can't be rocket science. We are not planning a trip to Mars here. The basics - start up cash, number of employees required, wages, partners, premises, marketing literature etc etc must be err.............basic.

#1088 User is offline   Denny 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:45 PM

I may have quietly not been entirely impressed with your previous posts, but this, i completely agree with.

#1089 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

here's an idea.
Why don't you use your contacts to find out exactly what's gone wrong and then see if you can turn it round with the help of some investors?

#1090 User is offline   brockwell-spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:07 PM

View Postdim view, on 05 May 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

here's an idea.
Why don't you use your contacts to find out exactly what's gone wrong and then see if you can turn it round with the help of some investors?

i'm only a small fry mate, Bobbi Darling on here is the director of the company that owns steven Gerrard's agency apparently, they would be the guys to speak too!

#1091 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

View Postbrockwell-spireite, on 05 May 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

i'm only a small fry mate, Bobbi Darling on here is the director of the company that owns steven Gerrard's agency apparently, they would be the guys to speak too!

He's too old, and knows nowt about football. :lol:

#1092 User is offline   plannerj 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC and many other things!

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:16 PM

View Postdim view, on 05 May 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

He's too old, and knows nowt about football. :lol:

He's got a lot in common with me then!

#1093 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:20 PM

View Postmoondog, on 05 May 2016 - 10:48 AM, said:

I expect that is because the UK PPP business is shortly to fold with all business going into the International one set up in January

When staff aren't getting paid, you do have to wonder how bad it is.

#1094 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:33 PM

I expect that is because the UK PPP business is shortly to fold with all business going into the International one set up in January

But if a business of which Turner and Sutcliffe are directors folds - and I guess that's a euphemism for bankruptcy, doesn't it mean they're barred from holding similar positions elsewhere?

Especially if there's a long list of suppliers, staff and parents owed a great deal of money.

Then how does it appear if one of those creditors is the football club where Turner and Sutcliffe have senior positions?

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 05 May 2016 - 03:37 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#1095 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 05 May 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

But if a business of which Turner and Sutcliffe are directors folds - and I guess that's a euphemism for bankruptcy, doesn't it mean they're barred from holding similar positions elsewhere?

Especially if there's a long list of suppliers, staff and parents owed a great deal of money.

Then how does it appear if one of those creditors is the football club where Turner and Sutcliffe have senior positions?

If an individual is made bankrupt, he is automatically disqualified from being a director.

A director of a company can be disqualified if they are deemed unfit.
Unfit conduct’ includes:
allowing a company to continue trading when it can’t pay its debts
not keeping proper company accounting records
not sending accounts and returns to Companies House
not paying tax owed by the company
using company money or assets for personal benefit

However such a director has to be reported to the Insolvency Service, and investigated by them. In reality one sees very few disqualification orders for unfit conduct, even when companies fail.

#1096 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:06 PM

View Postplannerj, on 05 May 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

He's got a lot in common with me then!

and me.

#1097 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:48 PM

I wonder, should it fold would the £77k debts go with it? As a business it has no assets as such and so liquidation would simply get rid of the debt and allow our dynamic duo to start afresh with the international
A new hope.

#1098 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:52 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 05 May 2016 - 05:48 PM, said:

I wonder, should it fold would the £77k debts go with it? As a business it has no assets as such and so liquidation would simply get rid of the debt and allow our dynamic duo to start afresh with the international

but hopefully not be using our badge, facilities etc

#1099 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:05 PM

exactly, some people would conclude that is the plan

#1100 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:42 PM

If that happens surely Turners position at the club would be untenable?
East stand second class citizen.

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users