• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What A Decision

#1 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:49 PM

When the most blatant handball was not given in the first 10 minutes from a cross on our right hand side

The lino was facing play looking straight at their defender put two hands above his head to block the ball but i reckon he bottled the

decision

This talk of referees evening things up came to mind when our penalty was given when that type of incident happens several times in a match

without any punishment.It was as though the referee realised he might have missed the first incident so could not wait to even things up

#2 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:00 PM

View Postwhittman, on 30 April 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

When the most blatant handball was not given in the first 10 minutes from a cross on our right hand side

The lino was facing play looking straight at their defender put two hands above his head to block the ball but i reckon he bottled the

decision

This talk of referees evening things up came to mind when our penalty was given when that type of incident happens several times in a match

without any punishment.It was as though the referee realised he might have missed the first incident so could not wait to even things up

The pen we got was as clear as day, it was a blatant push

#3 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:05 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 30 April 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

fair enough erniex3 but have seen them not given plenty of times but a possible different mindset from the ref makes it easier to give it

Just saying

#4 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:19 PM

When you said what a decision, I thought you meant who to keep next season after today's performance as they all put a shift in. Could Olly Banks be MOTM or Jayo or Novak. Personally I reckon it should be Sam Hird.

Some great accurate passing particularly in the first half , I wonder if some were playing for a contract, but whatever , it was a pleasure to watch.

#5 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:23 PM

I couldn't pick a man of the match today thought all 11 were fantastic best all round performance of the season

I couldn't pick a man of the match today thought all 11 were fantastic best all round performance of the season

#6 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:39 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 30 April 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

:rolleyes: Was a similar one in the secondhalf that wasn't given.But as Whittman implies,ref had already levelled things up. :blink:
Many a good tune

#7 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:06 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 30 April 2016 - 05:19 PM, said:

When you said what a decision, I thought you meant who to keep next season after today's performance as they all put a shift in. Could Olly Banks be MOTM or Jayo or Novak. Personally I reckon it should be Sam Hird.

Some great accurate passing particularly in the first half , I wonder if some were playing for a contract, but whatever , it was a pleasure to watch.

Wasn't there only 2 of "our players" out of contract this summer (Talbot and Donohue). I'd say both of those are shoe-ins for at least another year.

I'd love to think, Anderson, JCR and especially Novak were desperate for a contract with us.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#8 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:36 PM

View Postazul, on 30 April 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

Wasn't there only 2 of "our players" out of contract this summer (Talbot and Donohue). I'd say both of those are shoe-ins for at least another year.

I'd love to think, Anderson, JCR and especially Novak were desperate for a contract with us.

Only a madman would suggest otherwise. Both good squad players

#9 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:11 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 30 April 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

Only a madman would suggest otherwise. Both good squad players

Well there are a few around

With the end of the loan system as we know it, these type of players are essential
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#10 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:38 PM

I thought Donoghue had a good game, was a little slow to start but once he got got going his confidence grew. As for Drew, I don't think we have anyone more committed. Got to be shoe-ins. As for Novak, we need to bust a gut to keep him, quality.

#11 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

decision

Having watched the replay I am even more convinced the referee gave the penalty because he realised he missed the blatant earlier one

But heyho it didnt spoil the result of the match in the end

#12 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:10 PM

decision

Pretty sure he booked the player, it was a blatant shove and was a penalty....

#13 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on 01 May 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

Pretty sure he booked the player, it was a blatant shove and was a penalty....

Your right Keith, he did book him.

Although you can see why he gave him the penalty, the booking was harsh, and those type of fouls happen all the time outside the penalty and rarely attract a booking.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users