• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Petition Asking what his intentions are for the club

#1 User is online   Rudeboy spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:44 AM

Just an idea so don't shoot it down as i am only asking for opinions at this stage. What if we organised a petition( i will help) to ask Dave Allen to speak at a meeting to inform the fans of his intentions for OUR Club ?.
We should state that we are doing this as many of us think that he is deliberately running the club into the ground, as ridiculous as this statement seems we cannot draw any other conclusions. If we can raise a few thousand signatures and present it to him we are acting peacefully and respectfully so he cannot accuse us of underhand tactics. At the meeting we can ask pre arranged questions so that he can prepare his answers. I think that it is important to so this as quickly as possible as we are obviously in free fall to oblivion at present. The statement that concerns me at present is an indication that he has received offers from consortium's and point blank refused to sell, if this is correct it would imply to me that he has no intentions of selling. If he refuses to attend an organised meeting then i think we should seriously consider other options.Please post opinions on this and other other ideas for us to protest. OUR club is dying at present

#2 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:48 AM

It can't hurt Paul.

Easily arranged online and the link shared. Whether he pays any notice is another matter but if not it would make the next step easier to plan.

#3 User is online   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:24 AM

It's most certainly a start, RS. Gets my backing.
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#4 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:26 AM

Have my backing 100% mate.

#5 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:38 AM

Count me in

#6 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:18 AM

View PostRudeboy spireite, on 24 September 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

Just an idea so don't shoot it down as i am only asking for opinions at this stage. What if we organised a petition( i will help) to ask Dave Allen to speak at a meeting to inform the fans of his intentions for OUR Club ?.
We should state that we are doing this as many of us think that he is deliberately running the club into the ground, as ridiculous as this statement seems we cannot draw any other conclusions. If we can raise a few thousand signatures and present it to him we are acting peacefully and respectfully so he cannot accuse us of underhand tactics. At the meeting we can ask pre arranged questions so that he can prepare his answers. I think that it is important to so this as quickly as possible as we are obviously in free fall to oblivion at present. The statement that concerns me at present is an indication that he has received offers from consortium's and point blank refused to sell, if this is correct it would imply to me that he has no intentions of selling. If he refuses to attend an organised meeting then i think we should seriously consider other options.Please post opinions on this and other other ideas for us to protest. OUR club is dying at present

Good luck with that, Paul. I reckon you have more chance of plaiting cow muck!

I think we have to remind ourselves that this is a man who walked out of the club's AGM before shareholders got a chance to question him.

#7 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:26 AM

Yes need to start somewhere think he will refuse because little respect is shown to fans however can't hurt to try
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#8 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:20 AM

go for it, I will sign it

#9 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:02 AM

If you are planning to express dissent in any way, be careful about putting your real name and address on anything. If Freelander were still about, I'm sure he'd say this for me.
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#10 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:05 AM

Personally I don't think he will agree to it and find the whole thing too soft. However, I will sign and support it as at least it's something and fair play for trying something.
We 8 Mansfield oh we 8 Mansfield!!

#11 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:11 AM

View Postkh83, on 24 September 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Personally I don't think he will agree to it and find the whole thing too soft. However, I will sign and support it as at least it's something and fair play for trying something.

Agree with all of this. However it won't bother him. As far as he's concerned the club has been and is well backed by him.

#12 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:15 AM

View PostLooker-on, on 24 September 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

If you are planning to express dissent in any way, be careful about putting your real name and address on anything. If Freelander were still about, I'm sure he'd say this for me.

I'll stick my real name on it. **** him, we're not doing anything wrong and certainly shouldn't be worried as long as we stay within the facts.

View PostLooker-on, on 24 September 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

I'll stick my real name on it. **** him, we're not doing anything wrong and certainly shouldn't be worried as long as we stay within the facts.

#13 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:30 PM

I agree to this and will sign, however, I don't think DA gives a flying **** what the fans want or think, and certainly won't put himself in the firing line for anyone.

#14 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:34 PM

If and when he doesn't then no one can grumble he hasn't been given the chance should things step up to disrupting games.

#15 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:31 PM

I'd rather sign a petition, along with as many as 10,000 others, saying I would not attend under the current owners, but would return when the club is under new ownership. With the proviso that it be a clean break, to a capable party.

If that statement did get 10k signatures, and a total no show followed, it would certainly tout CFC as a viable (yet militant!) prospect to future owners, and give the current ones incentive to get rid.

Pie in the sky though. Won't happen.

#16 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:48 PM

Pointless in the end.
God I hate this league.

#17 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:50 PM

I'm one hundred percent with you, my friend.

Infact I'm one hundred percent behind anything that'll stop this slow strangulation of our club.

However as we witnessed when he was at Wednesday and have also seen at Town Allen doesn't seem to do 'respectful'. Worse still the crass re-writing of reality when introducing his namesake created slack-jawed bewilderment amongst fair minded observers.

My guess is he'll ignore any petition - and even if he accepted an invitation it'd turn into a Trumpian exercise in bombastic denial.

But for what it's worth you can add my name anyway.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#18 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:57 PM

I agree with the idea, though like many others, i think it will have little to no impact as DA cares not 1 jot for the supporters or has any dezire to sit down with them, when did he last attend a game for starters??
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#19 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:03 PM

Put towards a regular owner I think this would be a great idea, but put against DA it's pointless. The man has no respect for Chesterfield FC's well being or it's fans. The only way owners like him listen is when their finances get hurt, not their feelings.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#20 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:11 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 24 September 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

I'd rather sign a petition, along with as many as 10,000 others, saying I would not attend under the current owners, but would return when the club is under new ownership. With the proviso that it be a clean break, to a capable party.

If that statement did get 10k signatures, and a total no show followed, it would certainly tout CFC as a viable (yet militant!) prospect to future owners, and give the current ones incentive to get rid.

Pie in the sky though. Won't happen.

If we had 10,000 signatures it would play right into his hands. He’s just say if all those turned up every week when we were doing well we wouldn’t be where we are now. We’d have the full house signs up and looking to fill in the corners for more capacity

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users