Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Supporters Of Chesterfield Fc - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Supporters Of Chesterfield Fc Time to get serious

#21 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:38 PM

View Postkopblue, on 23 September 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

Sorry can't agree, not going because of poor football is not the same as a not a penny more fan protest

The result is the same.

#22 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:49 PM

View Postpeakblue, on 23 September 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Ok i'll put it this way.at the start of the season when martin allen came in and a decent start,the talk of club selling,dave allen etc went quiet.now we are on a horrendous run,make no bones about it and we are desperately looking for answers.i ask any fan to raise his/her hands if they thought martin allen was a bad appointment?

Raises hand http://www.thecfss.c...dpost&p=1390845

#23 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:51 PM

View Posthilly81, on 23 September 2018 - 07:49 PM, said:

Looks like there was at least Three of you there pal suggesting bad appointment.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#24 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:58 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 23 September 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

Looks like there was at least Three of you there pal suggesting bad appointment.

Visionary’s.

#25 User is offline   Spire_78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:NOYFB

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:19 PM

View PostMaverick, on 23 September 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

Supporters of Chesterfield FC
How much longer are we prepared to put up with the constant mismanagement of our club? 2015 saw the high point of our league standing and our best chance in 35years in reaching English footballs 2nd tier. Unfortunately, our owner thought differently even though he was allegedly quoted as saying he would get CFC into the Championship in 5years. 9 years after becoming the majority shareholder and de-facto owner of our club, we are now facing relegation to English footballs 5 tier, yes National League North. If we are not at our lowest ebb ever already, we’ll it’s only a matter of time before that low point is reached, unless we can facilitate a change.

And this is the point of my post. I’ve been and still am a Spireite since 1968, 50years, yes 50 years and I didn’t even realise that, such is the distain I currently feel about my club, or more specifically, those running it.

What can we do to effect a change of ownership in the hope that there are people out there who care like me about our club, but have the financial clout to make the change sustainable?

I’ve been part of the #notapennymore movement for over 2years now, I was previously a season ticket holder for over 20years, but I could no longer stomach handing over my hard-earned money to people who I no longer trust.
So, where do we go from here? Clearly Dave Allen has lost interest (did he ever have a serious interest in football?) and wants out.
It’s been reported that he’s currently ‘putting his hand in his pocket to the sum of £200k per month’ (lol!), so as supporters we have that opportunity to effect change by increasing that £200k per month, to £300, £400k per month to make DA really think about selling the club. I would even if possible, do what it takes force the club into liquidation to then allow genuine Spireites with the appropriate financial clout to ‘pick up the piece’ and start again again, even if that means starting in whatever league you have to start again in, is.

I want to do whatever it takes to rid this vermin out of our club, as soon as possible, rather than suffer this terminal and frankly, embarrassing decline.

This Tuesday and beyond is your opportunity to demonstrate yours, like mine’s total dissatisfaction and distrust of those who are sucking the lifeblood out of our club.

We are now a laughing stock, evidence the supporters of Gateshead ‘Can we play you every week?’

You know what you need to do...

Hear hear. Tired of hearing Blackpool and Charlton fans bleating in the media about how the owners have mismanaged their respective clubs. Well last time I looked neither of those have plummeted from league 1 playoffs to the verge of oblivion, yet our plight and the destruction of our proud club has virtually been ignored by the mainstream media. Surely what's needed is something to draw attention to the situation at Chesterfield FC because as I see it our lot make the likes of the Oystons and this Duchatelet bloke look like amateurs.

#26 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:59 PM

View PostSpire_78, on 23 September 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

Hear hear. Tired of hearing Blackpool and Charlton fans bleating in the media about how the owners have mismanaged their respective clubs. Well last time I looked neither of those have plummeted from league 1 playoffs to the verge of oblivion, yet our plight and the destruction of our proud club has virtually been ignored by the mainstream media. Surely what's needed is something to draw attention to the situation at Chesterfield FC because as I see it our lot make the likes of the Oystons and this Duchatelet bloke look like amateurs.

Perhaps all the ones that have stopped going could stop moaning about the ones that are still going for their lack of demonstrations. Perhaps they should all come back Tuesday and vent their own anger and show everyone what we should be doing, rather than telling us

#27 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:02 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 23 September 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

Perhaps all the ones that have stopped going could stop moaning about the ones that are still going for their lack of demonstrations. Perhaps they should all come back Tuesday and vent their own anger and show everyone what we should be doing, rather than telling us

It has to start with a #PantsOnHeadProtest and we move on from there.

#28 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:21 PM

Easier to do the blah blah on here

#29 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:34 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 September 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

It has to start with a #PantsOnHeadProtest and we move on from there.

I have offered you mine (only slightly soiled) and you didn't take up the offer

View PostSpire-Power, on 23 September 2018 - 11:21 PM, said:

Easier to do the blah blah on here

Too true, why don't they get out and do something rather than post on here with a pointless hashtag

This post has been edited by azul: 24 September 2018 - 12:08 AM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#30 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:06 AM

View Postazul, on 23 September 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

Too true, why don't they get out and do something rather than post on here with a pointless hashtag

Beyond the point of refusing to line Uncle Daves well stuffed pockets with our hard earned, some of us can't quite see how dropping 40 nicker to feel miserable every week is a good idea.

By all means keep showing up and paying to boo, but don't pretend we're doing nothing. You're just doing what you did before... showing up on Saturday cos you've got sod all else better to do. I'll always be a CFC fan, but I won't support this trainwreck.

If anyone had shown willing a couple of seasons ago, and denied Allen his cashflow, he may well have been gone by now. The only thing he cares about is money, and you lot keep paying up.

"The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results", Albert Einstein

This post has been edited by KevinArnottsGoldenBoot: 24 September 2018 - 01:08 AM

#31 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:09 AM

View Postpeakblue, on 23 September 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

I totally agree with everything in this post.but i don't agree in this notapennymore stuff.why the hell should i not go to something ive enjoyed for many years because of dave allen?
Its a tradition,like a drug to all us supporters.something you can't just decide to stop doing.
As for tuesday,yes vent your frustrations but leave it for before and after the game.chanting negative things to the players gets us nowhere.i want the team to win,like all of us.
I couldnt believe we were clapping their goals,then that stupid'we lose every week' song,
It's true but do you think the players will respond well hearing chants like that,it will only make things worse.

Enjoyed, I sat through that dross on saturday, did we have a clear cut chance on the day. ?

I'm now at the same stage as I was towards the end of last season - how many games we played.

I said it when MA was appointed he has no knowledge of local players only southern based lads - do you think they are mercenary or just spineless.

God I hate this league.

#32 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:15 AM

<div>

View PostDIFH, on 24 September 2018 - 02:09 AM, said:

Enjoyed, I sat through that dross on saturday, did we have a clear cut chance on the day. ?

I'm now at the same stage as I was towards the end of last season - how many games we played.

I said it when MA was appointed he has no knowledge of local players only southern based lads - do you think they are mercenary or just spineless.

It doesn't matter where the players come from, the fact is that MA is a dinosaur and we needed a fresh thinking young manager who plays modern tactics not lumpaball.

And before anyone says we tried that with SJL I don't believe he has the right temperament to be a manager, good coach maybe but not a manager. <br></div><div>I feel we missed a chance with Evatt, that boat has sailed now, but we need to change now because MA's scattergun approach will end in relegation.

</div>

This post has been edited by Brookie: 24 September 2018 - 06:15 AM

#33 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:45 AM

View Postazul, on 23 September 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

I have offered you mine (only slightly soiled) and you didn't take up the offer

I've got 2000 pristine Y-fronts boxed up in the shed and ready to go after a rash late decision when I first came up with the idea.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 24 September 2018 - 06:45 AM

#34 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:18 AM

Hear hear

Good old Ern
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#35 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:53 AM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 24 September 2018 - 01:06 AM, said:

Beyond the point of refusing to line Uncle Daves well stuffed pockets with our hard earned, some of us can't quite see how dropping 40 nicker to feel miserable every week is a good idea.

By all means keep showing up and paying to boo, but don't pretend we're doing nothing. You're just doing what you did before... showing up on Saturday cos you've got sod all else better to do. I'll always be a CFC fan, but I won't support this trainwreck.

If anyone had shown willing a couple of seasons ago, and denied Allen his cashflow, he may well have been gone by now. The only thing he cares about is money, and you lot keep paying up.

"The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results", Albert Einstein

Not going out of principle, not going because we are crap beyond belief and banging on about doing something and then not doing anything but post on here are three different things.

I'm toying with number 2 against Maidenhead but I'll probably go in the end knowing it isn't a good idea

#36 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:00 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 24 September 2018 - 06:45 AM, said:

I've got 2000 pristine Y-fronts boxed up in the shed and ready to go after a rash late decision when I first came up with the idea.

Wearing pristine Y-fronts is a typical cop out from Town fans :angry: Where is the sacrifice in that, they need to be well worn for the protest to work.

I'm afraid DA/AC will just laugh at us if we turn up in clean ones.

#37 User is offline   semi130497 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:14 AM

View Postazul, on 24 September 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

Wearing pristine Y-fronts is a typical cop out from Town fans :angry: Where is the sacrifice in that, they need to be well worn for the protest to work.

I'm afraid DA/AC will just laugh at us if we turn up in clean ones.

here is an article about fan protests

https://www.telegrap...eally-work.html

and here is one about other peaceful protests, the strippers one is very funny

http://mentalfloss.c...her-they-worked
Everyone thinks forgiveness is a lovely idea until they have something to forgive

#38 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:31 AM

View PostSpire_78, on 23 September 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

The sad fact is no one outside of this town and a few exiles gives two hoots about CFC. Like we probably didn’t care about Stockport, or York, or the original Aldershot.

In this premier league obsessed era the media only care about Klopps new teeth of Mourinho’s grumpy demeanour. If we continue to drop, no one will speak up for us and no one will care.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#39 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:35 AM

Said before but I have spent money along with a lot of you on shares bricks sponsorship etc when I couldn't afford it. Thankfully my wife knew what the club means to me but suddenly it's more what the club did mean to me,This club lies in ruins and it's difficult to justify the cost anymore. The football is dire the club is now a shambles a sad commentto almost 50 years a Spireite but true

This post has been edited by martatcross: 24 September 2018 - 09:36 AM

Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#40 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:04 PM

Like every town fan I crave change and an upward turn of fortune. I dispair at our current situation.

Where I really struggle to agree is the concept that those who go are simply lining DAs pockets !!

Please do the maths, even with our new look cheaper squad we have significant wages to pay, we are possibly still paying ex managers, the club like any business wil have some very hefty overheads.

Missmanagement and possibly an element of bad luck in a employing team managers and backroom staff have cost the club massively.

I have no idea what if any agenda the current owners have and i will be delighted when the word current is replaced by former but much as it pains me they do seem to have backed MA.

I fear another well meaning appointment goes wrong and costs us all.

MA may have been a decent manager at this level but he does appear to have fallen behind the times.

Yes he NEARLY saved Barnet, to be fair Jack Lester gave us a temporary boost.

Your call not to go , I will pick and choose now because it has stopped giving any entertainment, not to starve the multi millionare of my £20

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users