Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Supporters Of Chesterfield Fc - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Supporters Of Chesterfield Fc Time to get serious

#1 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:01 PM

Supporters of Chesterfield FC
How much longer are we prepared to put up with the constant mismanagement of our club? 2015 saw the high point of our league standing and our best chance in 35years in reaching English footballs 2nd tier. Unfortunately, our owner thought differently even though he was allegedly quoted as saying he would get CFC into the Championship in 5years. 9 years after becoming the majority shareholder and de-facto owner of our club, we are now facing relegation to English footballs 5 tier, yes National League North. If we are not at our lowest ebb ever already, we’ll it’s only a matter of time before that low point is reached, unless we can facilitate a change.

And this is the point of my post. I’ve been and still am a Spireite since 1968, 50years, yes 50 years and I didn’t even realise that, such is the distain I currently feel about my club, or more specifically, those running it.

What can we do to effect a change of ownership in the hope that there are people out there who care like me about our club, but have the financial clout to make the change sustainable?

I’ve been part of the #notapennymore movement for over 2years now, I was previously a season ticket holder for over 20years, but I could no longer stomach handing over my hard-earned money to people who I no longer trust.
So, where do we go from here? Clearly Dave Allen has lost interest (did he ever have a serious interest in football?) and wants out.
It’s been reported that he’s currently ‘putting his hand in his pocket to the sum of £200k per month’ (lol!), so as supporters we have that opportunity to effect change by increasing that £200k per month, to £300, £400k per month to make DA really think about selling the club. I would even if possible, do what it takes force the club into liquidation to then allow genuine Spireites with the appropriate financial clout to ‘pick up the piece’ and start again again, even if that means starting in whatever league you have to start again in, is.

I want to do whatever it takes to rid this vermin out of our club, as soon as possible, rather than suffer this terminal and frankly, embarrassing decline.

This Tuesday and beyond is your opportunity to demonstrate yours, like mine’s total dissatisfaction and distrust of those who are sucking the lifeblood out of our club.

We are now a laughing stock, evidence the supporters of Gateshead ‘Can we play you every week?’

You know what you need to do...

#2 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:06 PM

View PostMaverick, on 23 September 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

How much longer are we prepared to put up with the constant mismanagement of our club? 2015 saw the high point of our league standing and our best chance in 35years in reaching English footballs 2nd tier. Unfortunately, our owner thought differently even though he was allegedly quoted as saying he would get CFC into the Championship in 5years. 9 years after becoming the majority shareholder and de-facto owner of our club, we are now facing relegation to English footballs 5 tier, yes National League North. If we are not at our lowest ebb ever already, we’ll it’s only a matter of time before that low point is reached, unless we can facilitate a change.

And this is the point of my post. I’ve been and still am a Spireite since 1968, 50years, yes 50 years and I didn’t even realise that, such is the distain I currently feel about my club, or more specifically, those running it.

What can we do to effect a change of ownership in the hope that there are people out there who care like me about our club, but have the financial clout to make the change sustainable?

I’ve been part of the #notapennymore movement for over 2years now, I was previously a season ticket holder for over 20years, but I could no longer stomach handing over my hard-earned money to people who I no longer trust.
So, where do we go from here? Clearly Dave Allen has lost interest (did he ever have a serious interest in football?) and wants out.
It’s been reported that he’s currently ‘putting his hand in his pocket to the sum of £200k per month’ (lol!), so as supporters we have that opportunity to effect change by increasing that £200k per month, to £300, £400k per month to make DA really think about selling the club. I would even if possible, do what it takes force the club into liquidation to then allow genuine Spireites with the appropriate financial clout to ‘pick up the piece’ and start again again, even if that means starting in whatever league you have to start again in, is.

I want to do whatever it takes to rid this vermin out of our club, as soon as possible, rather than suffer this terminal and frankly, embarrassing decline.

This Tuesday and beyond is your opportunity to demonstrate yours, like mine’s total dissatisfaction and distrust of those who are sucking the lifeblood out of our club.

We are now a laughing stock, evidence the supporters of Gateshead ‘Can we play you every week?’

I totally agree something needs to be done and the televised game at Halifax needs some planned activity as the targeted game to raise the profile of our concern but agree the discontent needs starting, sitting in the west stand will get you near Cashley if you want to vent your concerns personally
Have passport will travel

#3 User is offline   S43_Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Footy, Computers and Holidays in Florida

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:06 PM

Bravo

Trouble is, we seem to have many of the, ‘do nowt and hope it goes away’ type supporting us now.

I still believe that this Club, as we know it, is long gone and Dave cares not a jot.
#StopGoing

#4 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:28 PM

I totally agree with everything in this post.but i don't agree in this notapennymore stuff.why the hell should i not go to something ive enjoyed for many years because of dave allen?
Its a tradition,like a drug to all us supporters.something you can't just decide to stop doing.
As for tuesday,yes vent your frustrations but leave it for before and after the game.chanting negative things to the players gets us nowhere.i want the team to win,like all of us.
I couldnt believe we were clapping their goals,then that stupid'we lose every week' song,
It's true but do you think the players will respond well hearing chants like that,it will only make things worse.

#5 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:33 PM

Approximately 2500 people are already doing their bit by not going to games.

A good number of those left, and this isn’t an insult to them, would show up and watch 11 chimpanzees in blue shirts.

#6 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:37 PM

I appreciate your commitment to our club and have nothing but admiration for those who are willing to hand over their money in anticipation of having an enjoyable afternoon. Unfortunately, not even in the 5th Tier are we able to have the feeling of enjoyment or of being entertained. But like you say, its like a ‘drug’ but unfortunately (again) the only ones who have enjoyment are those whose are ‘feeding’ off your money.

This post has been edited by Maverick: 23 September 2018 - 06:40 PM

#7 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:38 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 September 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

A good number of those left, and this isn’t an insult to them, would show up and watch 11 chimpanzees in blue shirts.

Agreed. It always amazes me people who clap when we have lost again.

#8 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:42 PM

I totally agree it’s probably now or never (probably too late even but at least we can try)

Home game and the televised game c Halifax are the best opportunities I feel. Sure some on here are creative enough to whip up some big banners and get them on the tele.

I’ve been to one home game this season and won’t be going to any more now. I’ll be at Maidstone Sat and happy to join in with venting whatever we can at this win charge. Sure some of them will have made the trip on the promise of a free buffet

#9 User is offline   spireitedave 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:46 PM

I fully understand the "Not a penny more" contingent,but my humble opinion is that if the club is starved of income matters can only get worse.
For me having spent 35 years with a return trip of 110 miles for home games,I am now thankfully in the locality.This is my 49th season so I cannot not go even if it only to watch dismal displays.

#10 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:47 PM

Ok i'll put it this way.at the start of the season when martin allen came in and a decent start,the talk of club selling,dave allen etc went quiet.now we are on a horrendous run,make no bones about it and we are desperately looking for answers.i ask any fan to raise his/her hands if they thought martin allen was a bad appointment?

#11 User is offline   spireitedave 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:54 PM

MA would have been most people's choice .He has not suddenly become a bad manager and eventually will get things right.We cannot afford another round of sackings and paying off two year contracts.So we have to ride the storm I'm afraid.

#12 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:00 PM

View Postspireitedave, on 23 September 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

MA would have been most people's choice .He has not suddenly become a bad manager and eventually will get things right.We cannot afford another round of sackings and paying off two year contracts.So we have to ride the storm I'm afraid.

I wonder if paying off two year contracts is broadly equivalent to giving Ashley a quid for each of his shares and asking him to xxxx off? I think I know which option would result in results turning round quicker.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#13 User is offline   kopblue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:08 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 September 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

I don't believe for 1 minute 2500 are doing their bit or anything like that number, the majority as with any crappy turd of a side are exercising their opinions that Saturday afternoons can be better spent doing something else

#14 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:14 PM

Top post pal. I like some found it incredibly difficult to stop going and I even cracked a few times in the beginning, but now it's out of my system I haven't got the urge nor the heart (thanks DA) to go anymore. I will always bleed blue and I dream of the time I can hopefully return to watch my beloved team. I even look on the time apart as a good thing as I believe it will rekindle my love once this nightmare is over and I hope I will fall in love with us all over again like I once did as a young lad.
Once you've gone through the cold turkey you feel better for it, trust me! I WILL be back (if we have a club in any disguise that is) I know I will.. Do I feel the draw to go these days.. Simply NO, not one bit (thanks again DA), though if it were for a serious protest I'd be the first in the queue! Come on, how can we let them get away with it so easily?? Give them as much F###ing hell as they've given us!!
#notapennymore

#15 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:17 PM

View Postkopblue, on 23 September 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

I don't believe for 1 minute 2500 are doing their bit or anything like that number, the majority as with any crappy turd of a side are exercising their opinions that Saturday afternoons can be better spent doing something else

That's the same thing.

#16 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:19 PM

View Postkopblue, on 23 September 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

Agreed. If we were top of the league and flying, the next Saturday at home would be above 5,500 there.

The amount that won’t go no matter what, the not a penny more gang would equate to not many really.

This post has been edited by Spire-Heights: 23 September 2018 - 07:20 PM

Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#17 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:20 PM

View Postspireitedave, on 23 September 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

I fully understand the "Not a penny more" contingent,but my humble opinion is that if the club is starved of income matters can only get worse.
For me having spent 35 years with a return trip of 110 miles for home games,I am now thankfully in the locality.This is my 49th season so I cannot not go even if it only to watch dismal displays.

How can it get 'worse'? We've been relegated in consecutive seasons, we lose almost every week and we score goals a rate that would embarrass San Marino.

#18 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:31 PM

View Postspireitedave, on 23 September 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

It’s getting worse anyway. Really can’t get much worse than it is now, but it will. Each week seems to be a new low point in people’s time supporting the club.

#19 User is offline   kopblue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:31 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 September 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

That's the same thing.

Sorry can't agree, not going because of poor football is not the same as a not a penny more fan protest

#20 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:34 PM

View Postpeakblue, on 23 September 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Ok i'll put it this way.at the start of the season when martin allen came in and a decent start,the talk of club selling,dave allen etc went quiet.now we are on a horrendous run,make no bones about it and we are desperately looking for answers.i ask any fan to raise his/her hands if they thought martin allen was a bad appointment?

Town_Fan did, fair play to him.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users