Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Martin Allen: "who Would Want To Come And Watch That?" - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Martin Allen: "who Would Want To Come And Watch That?"

#1 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:18 AM

Apologies if I've missed it being posted up elsewhere but this is the post match press conference, courtesy of Peak FM

https://www.peakfm.c...and-watch-that/

#2 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:29 AM

He quotes “he will get it right, he always does”

For one, didnt he get Barnet relegated last season? How’s that getting it right.

Also, how many times he been sacked? Is this getting it right.

This post has been edited by Spire-Heights: 23 September 2018 - 07:31 AM

Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#3 User is offline   Oldtimer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:42 AM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 23 September 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

For one, didnt he get Barnet relegated last season? How’s that getting it right.

" I always get it right. " That's why you're still managing teams at this level after nearly twenty years you clown

#4 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:02 AM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 23 September 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

Bit silly quoting Barnet last year as he did seem to get it right there he just ran out of games. They were as good as down when he got there

#5 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:14 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 23 September 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

Bit silly quoting Barnet last year as he did seem to get it right there he just ran out of games. They were as good as down when he got there

I wouldn’t say “silly” personally - Why did he take the job and imo he still failed there during that period of Management.

So, does he always turn things around wherever he’s been?
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#6 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:16 AM

He got Barnet winning towards the end they were below us and ended up a few points ahead swapping manager at this point will solve nothing 4 managers had a go does anyone believe paying off another for the sake of it will change anything
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#7 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:18 AM

View Postmartatcross, on 23 September 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

He got Barnet winning towards the end they were below us and ended up a few points ahead swapping manager at this point will solve nothing 4 managers had a go does anyone believe paying off another for the sake of it will change anything

On past evidence, no. However, it’s now the in-thing to do isn’t it in Football? Also, don’t believe CFC sack managers for the sake of it, there is normally a reason.

Why did we get rid of Wilson, Saunders and Lester if that’s the case.

This post has been edited by Spire-Heights: 23 September 2018 - 08:20 AM

#8 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• Broadswordcallingdannyboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:21 AM

View Postmoondog, on 23 September 2018 - 07:18 AM, said:

Apologies if I've missed it being posted up elsewhere but this is the post match press conference, courtesy of Peak FM

https://www.peakfm.c...and-watch-that/

I just think Maddog needs to be the underdog. Not sure he can cope with being the favourites all the time.

He is there to be shot at, we are the biggest team in this league with the best facilities and its a different type of pressure.

And he is not handling it.

#9 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:26 AM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 23 September 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

I wouldn’t say “silly” personally - Why did he take the job and imo he still failed there during that period of Management.

Well he probably had them on a promotion points per game ratio so I’m not sure how’s that’s failure. I don’t know if he always turns it around as I’ve not studied is cv. Whether he usually does or doesn’t there is no prospect on the horizon of him doing it here, with his team, as we get worse by the week.

This post has been edited by Ernie Ernie Ernie: 23 September 2018 - 08:37 AM

#10 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:19 AM

MA should be judged on his record given that he has brought in his team with a budget that compares favourably with the opposition (with one or possibly two exceptions). And the judgement should be - 'go now'. What he did anywhere else is irrelevant.

#11 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:26 PM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 23 September 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

MA should be judged on his record given that he has brought in his team with a budget that compares favourably with the opposition (with one or possibly two exceptions). And the judgement should be - 'go now'. What he did anywhere else is irrelevant.

Ol' Big Head only finished 16th with his first season at Forest and 18th in his first with Derby (both in the second tier), one place lower than they finished the season before. Alex Ferguson only finished 11th in his first season with United. Our problems are much much deeper than the manager. Let's face it, we probably won't be requiring a manager soon anyhow as we'll have no f###ing club to manage! As far as that goes I don't give a f###ing toss who's the manager!
#notapennymore

#12 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:53 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 23 September 2018 - 01:26 PM, said:

Ol' Big Head only finished 16th with his first season at Forest and 18th in his first with Derby (both in the second tier), one place lower than they finished the season before. Alex Ferguson only finished 11th in his first season with United. Our problems are much much deeper than the manager. Let's face it, we probably won't be requiring a manager soon anyhow as we'll have no f###ing club to manage! As far as that goes I don't give a f###ing toss who's the manager!

Clough and fergie play carpet football even in defeat, this clown still hasn’t managed to get his own team to string two passes together, has no method to his play and further panicked by signing an immobile giant who doesn’t score goals to accommodate his dinosaur methods.

#13 User is offline   Markham94Cfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:12 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 23 September 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

Disagree, Barnet were more or less a write off at that point. He turned it around very well, if it wasnt for a dubious draw for Coventry v Morecambe on the last day, he would have kept them up
Class on Grass

#14 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:15 PM

View PostMarkham94Cfc, on 23 September 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Disagree, Barnet were more or less a write off at that point. He turned it around very well, if it wasnt for a dubious draw for Coventry v Morecambe on the last day, he would have kept them up

That’s ok, It’s alright to ‘disagree” it’s what makes the world go around. Irrespective of what we think of his previous, I think we can “agree” that currently its not working out for him here at Chesterfield.

This post has been edited by Spire-Heights: 23 September 2018 - 02:16 PM

#15 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:50 PM

I think Martin may get the answer to his question on Tuesday around 7.45 !

Hoare (400)

#16 User is offline   spireitedave 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:35 PM

The good news is we are up to sixth ......in the card count table in The Non League paper...... unfortunately we are joint bottom in the current form table.

#17 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:41 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 23 September 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Clough and fergie play carpet football even in defeat, this clown still hasn’t managed to get his own team to string two passes together, has no method to his play and further panicked by signing an immobile giant who doesn’t score goals to accommodate his dinosaur methods.

I can't speak for Allen's style of football with us and how we're playing as I haven't seen us play since his team ripped us to shreds in the last game of the last season. I was just saying like..
#notapennymore

#18 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:49 PM

Changing the manager won’t make any difference.

We can’t keep hiring and firing and paying off managers.

We need some stability, at least on the pitch. As bad and as painful to watch as it is, we just have to bear with it for this season and hope it clicks enough to keep us in the division and prepare for next season.
A new hope.

#19 User is online   Zytok 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:56 PM

I'm confused (as is he possibly) but in one sentence talks about the players being afraid of playing at home but then goes on to say that the crowd never criticises anyone. So does he want us to be supportive or moan like hell and swear at the players?

#20 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:25 PM

View PostZytok, on 24 September 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

I'm confused (as is he possibly) but in one sentence talks about the players being afraid of playing at home but then goes on to say that the crowd never criticises anyone. So does he want us to be supportive or moan like hell and swear at the players?

He asked a rhetorical question about if they might be afraid of playing infront of 4000 supporters before stating that the supporters didn't get on at them or him.

"Is there a fear of playing in front of just over 4,000 people who are die-hard supporters? Even today the fans hardly had a go. They are here every week. They don't have go at the players. They don't even have a go at me"

The only thing he seems confused about is why it's so bad right now when his methods have worked for him in the past.

This post has been edited by metallilad: 24 September 2018 - 05:26 PM

Life goes on. Whatever happens.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users