• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Take Care ...

#21 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:36 AM

Next season would have been my 50th never in my wildest dreams did I expect that 49 years would be my last.sadly part of my life that was always important the enjoyment of the fixtures coming out looking for boxing day fixture always made that home or away. Watching legends seeing them on the pitch at Tommys testimonial that game I thought we were actually good. Goodbye Chesterfield the Sheffield Mafia have murdered you.
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#22 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:01 AM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 23 September 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:

The club is dying. We left with hundreds of others on 68 minutes, the feeling amongst people who we spoke to on the way out was the same; we are on the road to oblivion. There are two more season ticket holders not going on Tuesday here. Can't justify time and expense with it.

Shame on you, then, for not stopping for the minutes applause for a true fan in the 70th minute.

You could have gone home after that.

#23 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:09 AM

View Postdtp, on 23 September 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

Shame on you, then, for not stopping for the minutes applause for a true fan in the 70th minute.

This, without and “doubt” was the best moment of the match.

Credit must also go the Gateshead supporters who not only joined in, but sang his name.

This post has been edited by Spire-Heights: 23 September 2018 - 09:10 AM

Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#24 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:10 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 23 September 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Is it out of the question that a good manager with a decent budget can get us promoted with DA in charge? I don't think so. The stadium was buzzing after 3 games and its the results since that has destroyed it. There are managers at this level doing far better with less money. MA has signed slow older players doing hoofball. That's why we are struggling.

DA was responsible for appointing MA but the lack of performance yesterday falls fairly and squarely at the feet of the latter.

That performance was the responsibility of MA and his assistants, his team selection, the signings he's made and the way (can't use words like style or tactics) he chooses to play.

I also question MA's man management skills in the way he built young Rowley up in the week only to deflate him with his team selection yesterday - and, what happened to the youthful bench he liked?

#25 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:12 AM

He may not have been aware of it and is certainly entitled to leave even if he was. Staying and ignoring/talking through it would have been true disrespect and poor manners.

#26 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:14 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 September 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

He may not have been aware of it and is certainly entitled to leave even if he was. Staying and ignoring/talking through it would have been true disrespect and poor manners.

Yes, agree with that. People were so disgusted and angry with what they were witnessing yesterday afternoon that they left for that reason alone.
East stand second class citizen.

#27 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:15 AM

View PostThe Black Triangle, on 23 September 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

I honestly, genuinely believe he’d rather put the club inotmandministration, cut all funding, and leave with what ever value the assets have than do the decent thing and sell to someone genuine and who cares for the club.

His spite, bitterness and resentment have consumed him.

It was arguably spite, bitterness and resentment that got him involved in the first place.

Only back then it was aimed at Wednesday.

Y'know, over the decades many of us have declared the Club's dying on many different occasions. But that was largely flippant frustration, wasn't it. This time it's real, though. Very real. Infact we're on an undeniable helter-skelter towards oblivion. So Allen sacks Allen, no doubt blaming the fans again. However the squad he'll leave is one that can only play one way - and they can't even do that! I guess someone else might, just perhaps, cobble together enough wins to defy a third successive relegation. Because that's where we're at, folks - a quarter of the way through a non-league season and survival's our only realistic ambition.

But hey - the owner doesn't do failure, does he...

Yeah, let's talk about that owner. A bloke who some might say occupies a Trumpian world of denial. Someone who seems to make decisions based on his guts rather than advice based consideration. 'Cos they're always right, aren't they. Always. And anyone that suggests otherwise is a cretin. Or a moron. Or any of the other labels he's so casually attributed during ugly blame-gaming. And it's this character with his finger on the switch of Town's life support machine, a switch he could easily wake up on any given morning and decide to turn off.

Hell, I doubt it'd make any real difference to him. It'd just be numbers in a column for which he'd probably find someone else to scapegoat.

Of course he could sell. Hand Town over to people with it's best interests at heart for a nominal fee whilst doing a deal with the debt. Or summat along those lines. Yet the evidence suggests he won't. He's intent upon demanding millions for an all but bankrupt business. Well, if his henchman's response to the spoof e-mail was anything to go by. Speaking of which, can we have any faith in that henchman to negotiate such a sale? Certainly his performance during the Chinese bid - making otherwise unheard of demands then banning their representatives from the stadium - begs that question.

Do either of 'em give a flying fornication, though? Answers on a postcard. Or better still social media. After all, it appears the resident screenshotter takes more notice of that than most e-mails...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#28 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:32 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 23 September 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

Of course he could sell. Hand Town over to people with it's best interests at heart for a nominal fee whilst doing a deal with the debt. Or summat along those lines. Yet the evidence suggests he won't.

would he be able to find buyers who have CFC's best interests at heart but who would also agree not to disclose or discuss historical accounts? Will a time come when he can legally ask his accountant to destroy historical details?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#29 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:36 AM

View Postdim view, on 23 September 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

would he be able to find buyers who have CFC's best interests at heart but who would also agree not to disclose or discuss historical accounts? Will a time come when he can legally ask his accountant to destroy historical details?

Six years isn't it, legally?

#30 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:36 AM

MDCCCLXVI said:

1537694107[/url]' post='1419583']
Yeah, let's talk about that owner. A bloke who some might say occupies a Trumpian world of denial. Someone who seems to make decisions based on his guts rather than advice based consideration. 'Cos they're always right, aren't they. Always. And anyone that suggests otherwise is a cretin. Or a moron. Or any of the other labels he's so casually attributed during ugly blame-gaming. And it's this character with his finger on the switch of Town's life support machine, a switch he could easily wake up on any given morning and decide to turn off.

Hell, I doubt it'd make any real difference to him. It'd just be numbers in a column for which he'd probably find someone else to scapegoat.

Of course he could sell. Hand Town over to people with it's best interests at heart for a nominal fee whilst doing a deal with the debt. Or summat along those lines. Yet the evidence suggests he won't. He's intent upon demanding millions for an all but bankrupt business. Well, if his henchman's response to the spoof e-mail was anything to go by.

Being serious for a minute.

If DA did decide enough is enough, what options would there be for the club, and for the owner?

What is the club worth? I’m only guessing but I doubt much more than 3 million,even if he wrote off all of the debts?

What would the land be worth? A couple of million? Maybe 3 million? Would he need Tesco or Bowden’s to lift the sports caveats? What’s the price of land in town these days?

What’s it going to cost him this season to fund yet another struggle, while gates fall?

Then of course, if he did stop funding who covers the day to day losses? If an administrator is appointed, can the owner still reject offers? Can the administrators accept an offer based on a valuation they feel is acceptable? I don’t know enough about how all that works.

The club. If the above happened, and it looked like being the end, could “the club” be bought separately? Maybe with a view to groundshare? Could that be separated from assets, and the debts separated as well?

A new hope.

#31 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:37 AM

View Postdim view, on 23 September 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

Would any non disclosure agreement, when buying a business, become null and void if any wrongdoing in that business was found though? ie the new buyer of said buisness would either have to make the relevant authorities know of any misdemeanours discovered or themselves become complicit in hiding it?

#32 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:37 AM

Westbars Spireite said:

1537695361[/url]' post='1419604']
Six years isn't it, legally?

7?
A new hope.

#33 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:38 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 23 September 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Is it out of the question that a good manager with a decent budget can get us promoted with DA in charge? I don't think so. The stadium was buzzing after 3 games and its the results since that has destroyed it. There are managers at this level doing far better with less money. MA has signed slow older players doing hoofball. That's why we are struggling.

Exactly. If your going to sign non-league players and play hoof ball, the game is a 50-50 chance. On our budget, we could have afforded better players who could play rather than hoof. Sorry MA, the majority of these players are not good enough. Folk can name their own players. IMO, this dreadful league can be won easily by playing football. Unfortunately we haven't the players nor a manager capable of doing that.

The writing was on the wall for me after the tepid 1-0 victory over Braintree who could have easily won the game and if you can't beat Dover, Barnet and Boreham Wood, you know things are serious. The club is dying. There no green shoots and the light there was at the end of tunnel has been switched off. Never, NEVER have I witnessed such dire, dreadful performances.

#34 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:38 AM

View PostDEATH, on 23 September 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

7?

Six I think.

#35 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:40 AM

Mr Mercury said:

1537695533[/url]' post='1419610']
Six I think.

Your right. HMRC website says 6 years.
A new hope.

#36 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:46 AM

View PostDEATH, on 23 September 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

That’s probably why they are so keen to hang on then!

#37 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:50 AM

View Postfrearsghost, on 23 September 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

Exactly. If your going to sign non-league players and play hoof ball, the game is a 50-50 chance. On our budget, we could have afforded better players who could play rather than hoof. Sorry MA, the majority of these players are not good enough. Folk can name their own players. IMO, this dreadful league can be won easily by playing football. Unfortunately we haven't the players nor a manager capable of doing that.

The writing was on the wall for me after the tepid 1-0 victory over Braintree who could have easily won the game and if you can't beat Dover, Barnet and Boreham Wood, you know things are serious. The club is dying. There no green shoots and the light there was at the end of tunnel has been switched off. Never, NEVER have I witnessed such dire, dreadful performances.

Not sure about your last sentence. Some Sunday mornings on Highfield Park in the 70's come to mind when team selection was based on anyone managing to maintain a vertical position for 2minutes was selected
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#38 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:51 AM

2021 is my guess then.

Why has the option of him asking for new blood on the Board never been aired? Optimally, three people whose only financial commitment would be to match Allen's monthly loan guarantees? I very much doubt whether Croot, Warner, Carson have ever been approached by Allen to put their own money in 'cos he knows it's a waste of time.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#39 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:53 AM

I also left before the applause but wasn’t aware anything was planned as probably many others alike. I asking out on what we witnessed could have been the best tribute anyone could have given this bloke after supporting town all his life. I’m sure he’s found the last few seasons unacceptable

#40 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:53 AM

Of course that relates to any documents that a business would be happy to be there for inspection by the relevant people, any other "cough" paperwork that a business may deem less worthy of sharing could well have a much shorter shelf life and an early appointment with a shredder.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users