• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:14 PM

Why was he on the pitch ?

#2 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:15 PM

View PostESKDALE, on 22 September 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

Same for them all apart from Denton!
East stand second class citizen.

#3 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:15 PM

Because we paid off george smith
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#4 User is offline   spireitedave 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:16 PM

Why were any of them on the pitch ?

#5 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:beer

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:21 PM

View Postspireitedave, on 22 September 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

Why were any of them on the pitch ?

Because we apparently have to field a team on Saturday at around 1500

WTF they do in the week ive no idea

Today was an utter embarrassment to our Club

50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#6 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:23 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 22 September 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

Same for them all apart from Denton!

Yes Denton heads it first, but to the OPPOSITION.

#7 User is offline   kopblue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:27 PM

You think he was our worst player?

#8 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:33 PM

He gave fans the dead eye as he walked in the tunnel when they were shouting no passion. Midfield and defence garbage again, where is the leader in the team.George Smith should be called back from Dover and given a proper chance. All BW did today was dead eye the fans at the end as he walked into the tunnel Another shocking display to match the last 2 years. Gateshead were a credit to football, no time wasting for the first time this season. They should have won by more well done Scot Boden.

This post has been edited by lindave: 22 September 2018 - 05:41 PM

lindave

#9 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:44 PM

View Postlindave, on 22 September 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

He gave finds the dead eye as he walked in the tunnel when they were shouting no passion. Midfield and defence garbage again, where is the leader in the team.George Smith should be called back from Dover and given a proper chance. All BW did today was dead eye the fans at the end as he walked into the tunnel Another shocking display to match the last 2 years. Gateshead were a credit to football, no time wasting for the first time this season. They should have won by more well done Scot Boden.

Plus he’s a stone over weight for a professional footballer,lazy,no positional sense,apart from that he’s s..t but then again 90% of our squad is s..t so he’s not own his own.
I feel like I’ve paid for a season ticket just to watch the halftime crossbar challenge.

#10 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:44 PM

View Postlindave, on 22 September 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

He gave finds the dead eye as he walked in the tunnel when they were shouting no passion. Midfield and defence garbage again, where is the leader in the team.George Smith should be called back from Dover and given a proper chance. All BW did today was dead eye the fans at the end as he walked into the tunnel Another shocking display to match the last 2 years. Gateshead were a credit to football, no time wasting for the first time this season. They should have won by more well done Scot Boden.

When Binnom Williams was giving paying fans the dead eye, did anyone take the opportunity to let him know what a useless piece of dog dirt he really is?

If he's finding this professional football lark a bit hard on his feelings he can come into work with me at 6am Monday morning.

#11 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:51 PM

Heart of a Pea

#12 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:02 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 22 September 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

Heart of a Pea

Whenever I hear about a player's heart being called into question, I'm reminded of Alessandro Pistone's treatment at Newcastle.

His secret santa went to a Butcher's shop and put a sheep's heart in a box. The gift tag said "so you know what one looks like because you don't play with any".

#13 User is offline   NOFX 

• get on up feed the ducks with a bun
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:dwarf wrestling

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:51 PM

When the manager calls the teams fitness into question, you have to ask what the heck they do for training. And that’s the managers fault

#14 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:53 PM

They lack energy = they are slow. He signed slow players.

#15 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:09 PM

The cross that he put out for a goal kick after one of the few half decent moves was a show stopper - how did he manage to do that
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#16 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:42 PM

Surely the heading to this thread is incorrect. Shouldn't it have read "Allen's Team"?

It is unfair to pick on one player when hardly anybody was any better than anyone else.

Talbot - has not impressed me all season (I've been criticised for saying so) but today he was captain and led by example - trouble is that example was atrocious and made Brad Barry look like international class.
Nelson - after Reid's stupid non-back-heel with Talbot out of position he was by-passed so easily for their second goal. If father-time's grandad is still alive it must be Nelson.
Hollis - the only thing he has on Maguire is height - enough said.
JBW - got into some very good attacking positions then hadn't a clue how to deliver a decent ball in front of goal.
Carter - apart from a couple of runs which promptly petered out the game passed him by as he sauntered around.
Weston - never worked out why MA wanted him - yes, he runs all day but needs to 'cos he always seems to be chasing a ball he struggles to control or trying to compensate for losing his position.
Smith - mastered the art of being in no-mans land and no improvement on Weir - he can only get better.
Reid - enough to say another poor MA signing - yet to see him cross the ball to a player wearing the same coloured shirt as him. Oh! And that pathetic non-back-heel.
Shaw - runs about with enthusiasm but when will he bring a save from a keeper never mind score a goal?
Denton - star man on probably a 3 out of 10. Won headers but they didn't find a blue shirt. Played a few decent passes with his feet. But, with that burst of speed he's not got he wouldn't beat a one-legged pensioner over 15 yards.

MA - absolutely disgraceful performance, yet again. Can't say this week how poor our corners were because I can't remember any. Can't say how poor our dead-ball plays were because I can't remember any. I can say our fitness levels looked atrocious, our tactics looked worse and our ability to put in a quality cross is non-existent whilst why do you come out and say how good young Rowley played v Lincoln, the best you've seen from him yet, he's given you food for thought, then encourage him by not even picking him on the bench never mind in front of the bunch of losers you have assembled and chosen to play today - I really was expecting better in respect of your man-management skills. If these are real men, Martin, can we play some decent boys?

This post has been edited by dtp: 22 September 2018 - 07:46 PM

#17 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:48 PM

View Postazul, on 22 September 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

The cross that he put out for a goal kick after one of the few half decent moves was a show stopper - how did he manage to do that

He nudged the ball with his standing foot first before swinging his left foot at it for 'the cross' which ended up in the : ok

#18 User is offline   bucko 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:52 PM

I would rather the young lads be given a chance, like a Levi, Rawson, the right back Iffy, where’s the young lad in centre midfield , Wakefield. Give these lads a go , at least they would have a go , not like the sh*t that’s been assembled thus far.

#19 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:52 PM

View Postdtp, on 22 September 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

Surely the heading to this thread is incorrect. Shouldn't it have read "Allen's Team"?

It is unfair to pick on one player when hardly anybody was any better than anyone else.

Talbot - has not impressed me all season (I've been criticised for saying so) but today he was captain and led by example - trouble is that example was atrocious and made Brad Barry look like international class.
Nelson - after Reid's stupid non-back-heel with Talbot out of position he was by-passed so easily for their second goal. If father-time's grandad is still alive it must be Nelson.
Hollis - the only thing he has on Maguire is height - enough said.
JBW - got into some very good attacking positions then hadn't a clue how to deliver a decent ball in front of goal.
Carter - apart from a couple of runs which promptly petered out the game passed him by as he sauntered around.
Weston - never worked out why MA wanted him - yes, he runs all day but needs to 'cos he always seems to be chasing a ball he struggles to control or trying to compensate for losing his position.
Smith - mastered the art of being in no-mans land and no improvement on Weir - he can only get better.
Reid - enough to say another poor MA signing - yet to see him cross the ball to a player wearing the same coloured shirt as him. Oh! And that pathetic non-back-heel.
Shaw - runs about with enthusiasm but when will he bring a save from a keeper never mind score a goal?
Denton - star man on probably a 3 out of 10. Won headers but they didn't find a blue shirt. Played a few decent passes with his feet. But, with that burst of speed he's not got he wouldn't beat a one-legged pensioner over 15 yards.

MA - absolutely disgraceful performance, yet again. Can't say this week how poor our corners were because I can't remember any. Can't say how poor our dead-ball plays were because I can't remember any. I can say our fitness levels looked atrocious, our tactics looked worse and our ability to put in a quality cross is non-existent whilst why do you come out and say how good young Rowley played v Lincoln, the best you've seen from him yet, he's given you food for thought, then encourage him by not even picking him on the bench never mind in front of the bunch of losers you have assembled and chosen to play today - I really was expecting better in respect of your man-management skills. If these are real men, Martin, can we play some decent boys?

Absolutely bang on post.

#20 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:58 PM

He had the ball down the left with 20 yards to run forward and lazily gave a 50-50 pass down the line that went out of play. He didn't look interested

View Postbucko, on 22 September 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

I would rather the young lads be given a chance, like a Levi, Rawson, the right back Iffy, where’s the young lad in centre midfield , Wakefield. Give these lads a go , at least they would have a go , not like the sh*t that’s been assembled thus far.

Agree. The winner Smith looked useless

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users