Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Warner And Croot Ill Ask Agan - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Warner And Croot Ill Ask Agan

#21 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:29 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 22 September 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

Well first of all if Carson was actually present today shame on those who tolerated it.

Then I too will 'ask again' - exactly what do you expect Croot and Warner to do?

Resign? Go to the Press telling everyone how they've been nothing more than puppets? Wow - and in other news grass is green, water is wet and Dave Allen has a dodgy comb-over.

Or maybe they'll chuck the CFC books on Graham Smyth's desk and send assorted opportunists, cronies and charlatans running for the hills.

Y'know, those books that even they're denied access too.

I agree the Chairman and Crooty will have questions to answer.

But come on, John - do you honestly think they should be the focus of legitimate anger on here?

Yes Chris.You are one of few that post sensible posts on here. You say they are irrelevant. They wont dob Dave Allen because they might have a lot to lose. Warner could have walked ages ago when other directors walked. We know Croot is employed by the club. I ask you again why should we support them. We are at our lowest point and 2 apparent town fans sit on a board of 3! Checks and balances are a good thing they dont bring it. Warner was sat at the same table as Darren Brown. Ill ask the point why?
#notapennymore

#22 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:34 PM

But come on, John - do you honestly think they should be the focus of legitimate anger on here?

Both me and thee were at a fans' forum when JC confirmed that the PPP was independent of CFC so, yes, he's the focus of legitimate anger from me.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#23 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:35 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 22 September 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

I left on 60 minutes was still there!

Instead of gobbing off on here I’d have given him both barrels if I’d seen him

#24 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:38 PM

View PostCFC91, on 22 September 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

I did when walking out and got some stick. Im done now with Town no more games. Im Town fan and always will be!
#notapennymore

#25 User is online   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:41 PM

Well first of all if Carson was actually present today shame on those who tolerated it.

Then I too will 'ask again' - exactly what do you expect Croot and Warner to do?

Resign? Go to the Press telling everyone how they've been nothing more than puppets? Wow - and in other news grass is green, water is wet and Dave Allen has a dodgy comb-over.

Or maybe they'll chuck the CFC books on Graham Smyth's desk and send assorted opportunists, cronies and charlatans running for the hills.

John and Michael obviously do not consider there to be a problem.

#26 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:55 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 22 September 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

I did when walking out and got some stick. Im done now with Town no more games. Im Town fan and always will be!

I feel your pain mate, I really do - hence why I didn’t go today. Used to move heaven and earth to be able to attend games despite living all over the place. Now..well I’m about done with it all. Totally fed up, always will be a fan but this ends badly and we are going without a fight and I can’t stand and watch that.

Still do the odd away game where there is a chance of a day out and a few beers but struggling to motivate myself for anything other than that

#27 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:08 PM

View PostCFC91, on 22 September 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

#notapennymore

#28 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 22 September 2018 - 10:32 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 22 September 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Yes but at the same time told me that Turner was doing a great job so i thought whats the point. I know Croot has mny friends on here but time to say enough

Your grasping at bubbles - John Croot has nowt to do with what goes on on the pitch.

Let's just focus on the non performances of the team.
God I hate this league.

#29 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:16 AM

View PostDEATH, on 22 September 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

Didn't Warner also stay around when DB was doing his worst?

Interesting one, this. MW resigned from Darren Brown's "board" on January 15th, 2001. By this time he probably saw that his investment was going to go down the crapper whether he stayed to protect it or not, and thought it prudent for reputational purposes to cut his association. While this left DB unattended, by leaving DB absolutely on his own, MW may also have left him more vulnerable, thereby hastening the point at which DB did a runner. If MW ever does resign, I suppose that can be taken as a signpost to some impending financial calamity that would result in the loss of his investment value, anyway.

Any Idea why he chooses to stay when in these circumstances?

My understanding is that MW has DA's promise that his investment will be protected, as long as he remains Chairman.

This post has been edited by Looker-on: 23 September 2018 - 08:19 AM

It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#30 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:48 AM

They say at the top table when things were going well, took the plaudits and were very visible. They are still sat at the top table when things are the worst they have been in the clubs history, so they have to take some of the blame.

#31 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:20 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 22 September 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

Yes Chris.You are one of few that post sensible posts on here. You say they are irrelevant. They wont dob Dave Allen because they might have a lot to lose. Warner could have walked ages ago when other directors walked. We know Croot is employed by the club. I ask you again why should we support them. We are at our lowest point and 2 apparent town fans sit on a board of 3! Checks and balances are a good thing they dont bring it. Warner was sat at the same table as Darren Brown. Ill ask the point why?

I wasn't at the match on Saturday but believe John Croot was sat elsewhere in the stadium. I do know that he paid for his own pork cob in The HUB rather than partaking of any hospitality in the West Stand.

Usually when he goes in the Directors Box it is when he has guests or there are people to see that have connections to his community role.

In terms of any work as a director, or for the Club, John is entirely a volunteer and receives no pay. As the only director based at the stadium he is called upon to do quite a few duties for the Club.
Peter Whiteley

#32 User is offline   Rudeboy spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:34 PM

I don't know MW so can't comment, John works for the Trust and is paid by the trust. As far as being a director of the club he is, but he has no power to change anything and if he was to resign i do not see what that would achieve. What do people want him to ?, a genuine question.

#33 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:49 PM

View PostRudeboy spireite, on 25 September 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

I don't know MW so can't comment, John works for the Trust and is paid by the trust. As far as being a director of the club he is, but he has no power to change anything and if he was to resign i do not see what that would achieve. What do people want him to ?, a genuine question.

the clubs a shambles & going towards oblivion, whilst ever they sit on the board the must take their share of the blame/abuse.
if he has no power to change anything why stay on the board??
resigning would at least demonstrate he doesn't agree with the direction the club is going.

#34 User is offline   The Rec 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:51 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 25 September 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

the clubs a shambles & going towards oblivion, whilst ever they sit on the board the must take their share of the blame/abuse.
resigning would at least demonstrate he doesn't agree with the direction the club is going.

^^^^this^^^^

#35 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:53 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 25 September 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

I wasn't at the match on Saturday but believe John Croot was sat elsewhere in the stadium. I do know that he paid for his own pork cob in The HUB rather than partaking of any hospitality in the West Stand.

Pork cob perhaps a little appetiser?

#36 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:08 PM

Looker-on said:

1537690612[/url]' post='1419533']
Interesting one, this. MW resigned from Darren Brown's "board" on January 15th, 2001. By this time he probably saw that his investment was going to go down the crapper whether he stayed to protect it or not, and thought it prudent for reputational purposes to cut his association. While this left DB unattended, by leaving DB absolutely on his own, MW may also have left him more vulnerable, thereby hastening the point at which DB did a runner. If MW ever does resign, I suppose that can be taken as a signpost to some impending financial calamity that would result in the loss of his investment value, anyway.

My understanding is that MW has DA's promise that his investment will be protected, as long as he remains Chairman.

You have a much better memory of those events than I......Was he the last to resign in 2000/01 then?

Your last line is very telling as well. Stay as my patsy and I will make sure you don’t lose money in the same way those forced to resign had to.

Bully boy tactics right there.
A new hope.

#37 User is offline   Rudeboy spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:14 PM

The club is most definitely a shambles Mr Smith no argument there
I don't know why he stays on the board but I am sure that if you asked him in a nice way he would tell you
He is a fan and no fan is happy with the direction of the club

#38 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:16 PM

Perfectly put

Usually when he goes in the Directors Box it is when he has guests or there are people to see that have connections to his community role.

In terms of any work as a director, or for the Club, John is entirely a volunteer and receives no pay. As the only director based at the stadium he is called upon to do quite a few duties for the Club.

I wasn't there Saturday but I've seen him in the East stand this season

#39 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:25 PM

I wasn't at the match on Saturday but believe John Croot was sat elsewhere in the stadium.

Interesting. I happened to notice on Satday that Mike Warner showed absolutely no appetite for retiring to the Board room, preferring to sit in his seat contemplating. I do hope they've both fallen out with Carson.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#40 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:23 PM

Warner and croot in Directors bix. John migjt have some guests to entertain. Warner might have to protect his investment by being chairman. What a blimey joke. Glad i didnt go. Cue Dalekpete to tell us what a great job Croot does. I would gor £40k!
#notapennymore

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users