Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Chesterfield V Gateshead - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chesterfield V Gateshead

#261 User is offline   Paul stanley 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Sport, music, travel

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:51 PM

The full match is now on YouTube. Maybe someone can alert the gaffer to it
https://youtu.be/FQBalOhdoek

#262 User is offline   h again 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:32 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 September 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

What are your reflections, looking back, on your assertion that you were the only one asking where the money had gone?

Do you perhaps consider it a little crass when a well respected businessmen, BB contributor and season ticket holder had been threatened by heavies protecting the interests of those leeching from our club?

A waffle-free answer would be appreciated.

No problem. I want to know where the money went.

I don't know anything about your heavies who turn up and threaten people, except that if they appeared at my door I'd be down the Police Station before the bell stopped ringing. This is Chesterfield, not Sicily.

#263 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:37 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 24 September 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

Fantasy?

From the bloke who recently said Talbot had done well in central midfield for Pompey? Then went strangely quiet when asked for a snippet or two of evidence, of course.

But anyway, a couple of minutes in your archive (a couple of minutes being all I could stand) reveals loads of this: 'We need someone unlike him (Hird) who can win headers, react quickly to threats and not be bullied off the ball... play big blokes and get the ball into the opposition penalty area first time...it isn't pretty football, this isn't a pretty league, but it's effective...if under pressure find the opposition penalty area with a big bloke and a poacher in it...you certainly need a level of physical presence, big blokes who can't be leaned on... lacking a style we're suited to why not adopt the one that seems to work for most of the others - big bloke up front and get into the opposition penalty area as quickly and as often as possible...'.

Another quick lesson in social interaction - when you've made a hypocrite of yourself don't add liar to the list too...

Can you give me the reference for that. It's good that you set such store by following my every word, but for the life of me I can't remember my posts as well as you seem to do. Just the thread title and post number would be appreciated.

#264 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:51 PM

View Posth again, on 24 September 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

No problem. I want to know where the money went.

I don't know anything about your heavies who turn up and threaten people, except that if they appeared at my door I'd be down the Police Station before the bell stopped ringing. This is Chesterfield, not Sicily.

So, despite it being discussed at length on here at the time and often referred to subsequently you didn't know?

Rightio.

#265 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:04 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 24 September 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

So, despite it being discussed at length on here at the time and often referred to subsequently you didn't know?

Rightio.

I've got better things to do than read all the stuff on here. I seem to remenber something months ago about heavies, but no doubt you'll tell me all about it. Please try to make it more interesting than the rest of your output.

This post has been edited by h again: 24 September 2018 - 10:04 PM

#266 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:18 PM

Doesn’t sound like ‘H’ is in the queue for your Y-fronts WB
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#267 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:19 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 24 September 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Rumbled

The rumbling might just be your digestive system. If you read Mr. Snell's trip into the archives, you'll notice that I've made a very valid criticism of Hird, and followed it up by suggesting the use of big forwards, who can't be bullied or brushed aside, as Hird so often was. Seems sensible to me, and at no point did I recommend the use of big, slow cloggers.
In fact, another trip into fantasy land, but this is the penalty for daring to hold an opinion contrary to that of the ruling junta.

#268 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:26 PM

View Posth again, on 24 September 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

I've got better things to do than read all the stuff on here. I seem to remenber something months ago about heavies, but no doubt you'll tell me all about it. Please try to make it more interesting than the rest of your output.

Does being such a pompous prick come naturally or do you have to work on it?

View Postazul, on 24 September 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

Doesn’t sound like ‘H’ is in the queue for your Y-fronts WB

He's getting the special 'post vindaloo' pair don't you worry.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 24 September 2018 - 10:29 PM

#269 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:06 AM

View Posth again, on 24 September 2018 - 10:19 PM, said:

The rumbling might just be your digestive system. If you read Mr. Snell's trip into the archives, you'll notice that I've made a very valid criticism of Hird, and followed it up by suggesting the use of big forwards, who can't be bullied or brushed aside, as Hird so often was. Seems sensible to me, and at no point did I recommend the use of big, slow cloggers.
In fact, another trip into fantasy land, but this is the penalty for daring to hold an opinion contrary to that of the ruling junta.

So you do admit what you said, then.

Before resorting to pedantry.

Then the bloke who gets his knickers in a twist when folk call Saunders a 'clown' - the same Saunders who makes a healthy living on the after dinner circuit - pompously dismisses well documented threats to a respected contributor.

Which certainly wasn't 'fantasy'.

Another quick lesson in social interaction (you really should be taking notes, y'know): decent folk express a degree of humility when bitten on the ass by their own words.

Because only the lowest of the low continue squirmimg and bleat about some 'ruling junta'...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#270 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:38 AM

Hird was not often bullied or brushed aside. I remember one game standing out where he was, against Rotherham they had a big black lad up top, Akinbeyi maybe, and he had his pants down but I’m struggling for any other examples where he was. I distinctly remember Akinfenwa for example getting no change from Hird and whoever was partnering him at the time. Must be fun just making things up to back up your pre-determined delusional opinion. H Again has only ever wanted very tall and very strong centre halves so as soon as somebody came along who didn’t meet those criteria he was never going to get a chance. Dunno why he can’t just admit it to himself but if we check his track record we’ll see a complete lack of being intellectually honest with himself so it’s hardly a surprise.

Side note, dim view also didn’t rate Hird but he is much more sensible, however I think this is primarily due to the amount of hair on Hird’s ass. Hird always struck me as a man that has his backside waxed or perhaps veeted, as he is a man who clearly looks after himself. Dim view loves his men hairy (Albert Holmes will inform you that these men are referred to as Bears), so it makes sense he wouldn’t rate him, and this is a much more sensible approach to rating a player than H Again’s method.

This post has been edited by Goku: 25 September 2018 - 06:46 AM

#271 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:57 AM

View Posth again, on 24 September 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

You remember Drew Talbot (not)playing centre mid for Pompy under Cook but you don't remember the heavies? Ok.

This post has been edited by hilly81: 25 September 2018 - 07:03 AM

#272 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:00 AM

View PostGoku, on 25 September 2018 - 06:38 AM, said:

Hird was not often bullied or brushed aside. I remember one game standing out where he was, against Rotherham they had a big black lad up top, Akinbeyi maybe, and he had his pants down but I’m struggling for any other examples where he was. I distinctly remember Akinfenwa for example getting no change from Hird and whoever was partnering him at the time. Must be fun just making things up to back up your pre-determined delusional opinion. H Again has only ever wanted very tall and very strong centre halves so as soon as somebody came along who didn’t meet those criteria he was never going to get a chance. Dunno why he can’t just admit it to himself but if we check his track record we’ll see a complete lack of being intellectually honest with himself so it’s hardly a surprise.

Side note, dim view also didn’t rate Hird but he is much more sensible, however I think this is primarily due to the amount of hair on Hird’s ass. Hird always struck me as a man that has his backside waxed or perhaps veeted, as he is a man who clearly looks after himself. Dim view loves his men hairy (Albert Holmes will inform you that these men are referred to as Bears), so it makes sense he wouldn’t rate him, and this is a much more sensible approach to rating a player than H Again’s method.

It was Ikpeazu when he was at either Crewe or Donny who gave Hird a horrible time one game. No disgrace there though as that lad could give anyone a horrible time on his day. Unit.

#273 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:20 AM

View Posthilly81, on 25 September 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

It was Ikpeazu when he was at either Crewe or Donny who gave Hird a horrible time one game. No disgrace there though as that lad could give anyone a horrible time on his day. Unit.

Players were bouncing off him two at a time.

#274 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostGoku, on 25 September 2018 - 06:38 AM, said:

Side note, dim view also didn’t rate Hird but he is much more sensible

Retract, retract!!
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#275 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:34 AM

View Posthilly81, on 25 September 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

Yeah you’re right, we’ll chalk up two blots on Sam’s copybook. Ikpeazu was an absolute tank

#276 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:48 AM

View PostGoku, on 25 September 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

Yeah you’re right, we’ll chalk up two blots on Sam’s copybook. Ikpeazu was an absolute tank

The one that sticks in my mind was against JBW's Burton when he got MOM from the posh seats cos he made a few good passes and scored (I think). Trouble was, he also handed 'em 2 goals.
Anyway, he's now so old all his hairs having probably fallen out, so time to forget about it.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#277 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:10 AM

Panto seasons early this year I see. Full court jester regalia and it’s only September.

Assume that this character is “genuine” and not a sad old man who gets his kicks from trolling a lower league (it’s just division 5 after all) message board.

There a familiar pattern.

He posts something that’s, well, “controversial” (or just utter knackers.)

Other users quote his previous offerings to show his flawed output.

He responds with complete denial.

Users then produce his posts.

He then says you must have a very interning life, or I’m glad you find me so interesting to hang on my every word, or some other similar heavily condescending bile filled spout of arrogant nonsense. (Yet he follows the likes of Chris snell around like a small kiddie following a parent. Look at what % of his posts are sneering replies to one or two posters)

More qoutes appear to highlight his morally corrupt stand point.

Well I’m not going to waste time reading through that, I doubt anyone else will....I don’t follow like the rest of the flock/I’m not a sheep, or the latest “go against the junta” in a twisted attempt to give credibility (I know, credibility!)

Followed by a few weeks of abstinence before repeating the whole process.

OK. You can argue that if no one replied to his lies, and take the bait when he deliberately trolls the message board it wouldn’t happen/ he’d go away, and yes that’s something myself and others are guilty of. But look at the root cause, I mean it’s pathetically sad that an old man gets his kicks in this way isn’t it, and has done for a very long time.

A new hope.

#278 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:18 AM

Goku said:

1537860886[/url]' post='1420157']
Yeah you're right, we'll chalk up two blots on Sam's copybook. Ikpeazu was an absolute tank

Sam Hirds problem was his first few months here. He was awful. Wether it was JS getting the sack, maybe a clash of personalities or something I don’t know. But he was terrible.

He did however turn it around. He went from the transfer list to being offered a new contract. You don’t play something like 250 games under 4 or 5 different managers, win league titles, win at Wembley, reach the league one play offs, and have 3 contracts if your pants.

Some can’t see past his first 6 months.

A bit like Nathan Abbey. He was garbage, remember the 6 goals he let in? Yet overall he wasn’t that bad a keeper, and did ok for us. Not brilliant but OK. But he’s pants because he let in 6 on his debut.

A new hope.

#279 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:27 AM

I think you're all being harsh on Hag. His criticism of Hird & Evo was perfectly valid, when considering them against his dream defenders.

All he wants/wanted/never asked for, is two giant hulking CB's, who are as fast as whippets on methamphetamine, but could wrestle a Lion (whilst doing keepy ups). And when he said(very recently) that he wanted them to kick the ball into row Z, he had every intention - I'm sure this must be true, because he has recently decried the tactic of mindless hoofing - that the ball would bounce back off the seats in Row Z (without the referee noticing), and land squarely at the feet of our attackers.

Not too much to ask is it?

This post has been edited by KevinArnottsGoldenBoot: 25 September 2018 - 08:29 AM

#280 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:33 AM

View PostDEATH, on 25 September 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

Panto seasons early this year I see. Full court jester regalia and it’s only September.

Assume that this character is “genuine” and not a sad old man who gets his kicks from trolling a lower league (it’s just division 5 after all) message board.

There a familiar pattern.

He posts something that’s, well, “controversial” (or just utter knackers.)

Other users quote his previous offerings to show his flawed output.

He responds with complete denial.

Users then produce his posts.

He then says you must have a very interning life, or I’m glad you find me so interesting to hang on my every word, or some other similar heavily condescending bile filled spout of arrogant nonsense. (Yet he follows the likes of Chris snell around like a small kiddie following a parent. Look at what % of his posts are sneering replies to one or two posters)

More qoutes appear to highlight his morally corrupt stand point.

Well I’m not going to waste time reading through that, I doubt anyone else will....I don’t follow like the rest of the flock/I’m not a sheep, or the latest “go against the junta” in a twisted attempt to give credibility (I know, credibility!)

Followed by a few weeks of abstinence before repeating the whole process.

OK. You can argue that if no one replied to his lies, and take the bait when he deliberately trolls the message board it wouldn’t happen/ he’d go away, and yes that’s something myself and others are guilty of. But look at the root cause, I mean it’s pathetically sad that an old man gets his kicks in this way isn’t it, and has done for a very long time.

This is in all honesty a very accurate dissection

Share this topic:

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users