• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Money's Tight.

#1 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:40 PM

As we see a reluctance to switch on the floodlights, how bad are things.

On a small issue of pigeons and the mess they are making it seems that we have tried a few options to solve the problem such as a guy with a hawk and even a shoot to kill policy 😅.

The trouble is these folks all want paying and we arn't in a position to pay.

We have the plastic strips to deter pigeons from roosting but again we can't afford to have them installed.

We are resorting to seat cleaners on matchday with buckets and clothes.

Minor issue maybe ? but it ain't looking good.
God I hate this league.

#2 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:13 AM

Was saying the same yesterday David, mainly from the externals. The blue cladding is looking awful (next time you're there, look around the west where the sponsor sign used to be), nothing is getting maintained, which is dissapointing - I thought the club would have taken pride in our great new stadium. I was talking to a woman who don't go to games, but attends the car boots on a Sunday, and she was saying isn't your ground looking dirty and old for a newish stadium, do the toilets get cleaned, they smell bad.

I would have thought they would have wanted to keep it looking new, and by not bothering with maintenance, it's going down hill fast. When they did have the lights on at the game the other week at night, did you notice there were a few bulbs out and these had not been replaced for the start of a new season. Even the new scoreboards got a red dot on it permanently, why not get them in to fix it who installed.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#3 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:35 AM

Im hoping that we see some sort of movement this week in trying to offload SEB, on a reduced package.

I still can't believe Saunders gave him a two year deal and some above actioned it.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#4 User is online   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:36 AM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 28 August 2016 - 05:13 AM, said:

Was saying the same yesterday David, mainly from the externals. The blue cladding is looking awful (next time you're there, look around the west where the sponsor sign used to be), nothing is getting maintained, which is dissapointing - I thought the club would have taken pride in our great new stadium. I was talking to a woman who don't go to games, but attends the car boots on a Sunday, and she was saying isn't your ground looking dirty and old for a newish stadium, do the toilets get cleaned, they smell bad.

I would have thought they would have wanted to keep it looking new, and by not bothering with maintenance, it's going down hill fast. When they did have the lights on at the game the other week at night, did you notice there were a few bulbs out and these had not been replaced for the start of a new season. Even the new scoreboards got a red dot on it permanently, why not get them in to fix it who installed.

A bit like the team going down hill fast. I'm on form today. Got some really good threads coming soon.

#5 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:37 AM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 28 August 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

A bit like the team going down hill fast. I'm on form today. Got some really good threads coming soon.

It don't matter to me anymore pal, I've been on a course to learn how to not bite to your posts. Go ahead, post them, let's see if the hours I've put in works.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#6 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:45 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 27 August 2016 - 10:40 PM, said:

On a small issue of pigeons and the mess they are making it seems that we have tried a few options to solve the problem such as a guy with a hawk and even a shoot to kill policy 😅.

We have the plastic strips to deter pigeons from roosting but again we can't afford to have them installed.

Not just me then. Yesterday I asked a steward for a wet cloth to wipe my seat from pigeon poo. He said he would try and find a supervisor but
in the meantime I went to gents and got a wet paper towel and cleaned it myself.

#7 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:53 AM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 28 August 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

Thank god for that your current sense of dress is appalling....
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#8 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 28 August 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

Im hoping that we see some sort of movement this week in trying to offload SEB, on a reduced package.

I still can't believe Saunders gave him a two year deal and some above actioned it.

When he signed there wasn't anything to suggest it was a bad deal. He was a proven Championship striker who scored on his debut and a went onto score 10 goals in the first half of the season. So far so good. Something then happened (can't remember what, was it injury?) and it all went a bit wrong. But unless everyone was in possession of a crystal ball at the start of last season the it's a bit unfair looking back with hindsight and saying it was always a bad deal. Yes it is now but it wasn't necessarily so then.

#9 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:02 AM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 28 August 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

When he signed there wasn't anything to suggest it was a bad deal. He was a proven Championship striker who scored on his debut and a went onto score 10 goals in the first half of the season. So far so good. Something then happened (can't remember what, was it injury?) and it all went a bit wrong. But unless everyone was in possession of a crystal ball at the start of last season the it's a bit unfair looking back with hindsight and saying it was always a bad deal. Yes it is now but it wasn't necessarily so then.

The two year bit was the clue.

#10 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:05 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 28 August 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

It's all hindsight though isn't it. If he had scored another 10 in the second half of the season and then waltzed off on a free there'd have been uproar on this board that he was only given a 1 year deal.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

#11 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:10 AM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 28 August 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

It's all hindsight though isn't it. If he had scored another 10 in the second half of the season and then waltzed off on a free there'd have been uproar on this board that he was only given a 1 year deal.

His appearance record over the previous seasons should have meant the club either erred on the side of caution or left well alone. A quick look on Soccerbase shows he made 18 league appearances in the previous two full season. Big flashing lights should have spelt out WARNING. Unfortunately Saunders had no reason to care and no one thought it prudent to question the intelligence behind the deal.

Exactly the same as Angel Martinez.

#12 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:12 AM

A few people saying he wouldn't be the same player he was pre injury and it was a risk, and Calvin plummers socks called it exactly right from off.
Apart from that it's hindsight.

#13 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:13 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 28 August 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

More like the club refusing to confirm what the length of the deal was, as though they were embarrassed to say it was 2 years. IIRC it was months before we found out

#14 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:16 AM

Not really.. We haven't got a pot to pee in and we pay players ridiculous contracts when our new ground is crumbling around us! We can't even afford to put out a half decent bench as it's full of untried kids. We are in a shocking state mate :angry

EDIT: I don't see the likes of Burton paying ridiculous amounts to recruit players (they live within their means). We've been living outside ours for a long while now (I'll go back as far as to paying Rico silly money, even Vale couldn't match what we offered for their fans golden boy). That's half of the reason we are in this mess imo.

Another one (west stand)..

The roof was peeing down inside the concourse where the Brampton Ales guy stands. He was wet through and according to him it's been like this for a long time now even though he's reported it countless times. Yes, he does keep trying to move his stall everso slightly, though that's where he has to pitch, so he's a bit restricted.

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 28 August 2016 - 09:25 AM

#notapennymore

#15 User is offline   essexspireman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:22 AM

is there a boycott of the concourses going on?, very quiet in the East Stand Concourse pre match yesterday

#16 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:34 AM

Not by me. Steak pie and g bud were best part

#17 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:38 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 27 August 2016 - 10:40 PM, said:

:unsure: Wait until the charity bucket collections are for the club instead of the usual deserving charities. :rolleyes:
Many a good tune

#18 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:54 AM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 28 August 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

Not really.. We haven't got a pot to pee in and we pay players ridiculous contracts when our new ground is crumbling around us! We can't even afford to put out a half decent bench as it's full of untried kids. We are in a shocking state mate :angry

EDIT: I don't see the likes of Burton paying ridiculous amounts to recruit players (they live within their means). We've been living outside ours for a long while now (I'll go back as far as to paying Rico silly money, even Vale couldn't match what we offered for their fans golden boy). That's half of the reason we are in this mess imo.

Another one (west stand)..

The roof was peeing down inside the concourse where the Brampton Ales guy stands. He was wet through and according to him it's been like this for a long time now even though he's reported it countless times. Yes, he does keep trying to move his stall everso slightly, though that's where he has to pitch, so he's a bit restricted.

Spot on comment.

We've paid ridiculous amounts of money to players for the past 7 or so years. We need to follow the likes of Burton, Rochdale, Accrington and Morecambe and start living within our means. We need to start building a team, and not relying on names and ex-premier league has beens.

Secondly, cutting down on the ridiculous off field costs. We've too many people here that do nothing and rake in a wage, i.e. the root vegetable.

Finally, we need to start better links with local and regional non-league clubs, picking up the latest talent and putting into our team. How many gems locally have we missed out on having been identified on here by posters on bobs board, I seem to remember Aiden Flint and Kyle McFadzean both at Alfreton, who have both gone on to have really good careers and we could have signed them for little money.

Same goes for Che Adams when he was at Ilkeston. We ignored it, went to the Blunts and now they pocket £1.75 million when he goes to Birmingham.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#19 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:09 AM

Kyle mcfadzean would have been great signing for us

#20 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:44 AM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 28 August 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

Those above were backing their manager - look where that's got them.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users