Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Town V Millwall Thread - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Town V Millwall Thread

#41 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

Not very good was it?
Admittedly this is the first game I've seen this season but what I picked out of today was - Fulton worries me, he's got a decent build for a keeper but just never looked comfortable, very much at fault for the first and crazy indecision led to the third.
I thought mcginn was out of position a bit.
I feel sorry for donohue, he is trying his best in a position that clearly doesn't suit him, I would honestly give Daly a go and let soon play in proper position.
Evatt had a mare, bullied and hammered for pace.
I like the look of Nolan.
Mitchell was ok but maybe would be better on the right? Didn't seem to want to go past his man.
Ariyibi had a stinker, yes he gets heavily marked but he needs to adapt to that.
Evans clearly has quality, but he looked a bit disinterested first half to me. The pass for their second was poor but I thought it looked worse because Evans just stood back and never looked like wanting it.

Fulton and evatts pace are my major concerns.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#42 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:40 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 27 August 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

Not very good was it?
Admittedly this is the first game I've seen this season but what I picked out of today was - Fulton worries me, he's got a decent build for a keeper but just never looked comfortable, very much at fault for the first and crazy indecision led to the third.
I thought mcginn was out of position a bit.
I feel sorry for donohue, he is trying his best in a position that clearly doesn't suit him, I would honestly give Daly a go and let soon play in proper position.
Evatt had a mare, bullied and hammered for pace.
I like the look of Nolan.
Mitchell was ok but maybe would be better on the right? Didn't seem to want to go past his man.
Ariyibi had a stinker, yes he gets heavily marked but he needs to adapt to that.
Evans clearly has quality, but he looked a bit disinterested first half to me. The pass for their second was poor but I thought it looked worse because Evans just stood back and never looked like wanting it.

Fulton and evatts pace are my major concerns.

Evans stitched Donohoe up for the second, demanded it to his feet then turned as he passed it for one over the top which is why donohoe was giving him plenty of abuse in return. All the back 5 had a day to forget though. Even the ever reliable Hird had a cack game, you know you're up agaisnt it then.

#43 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 27 August 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

Evans stitched Donohoe up for the second, demanded it to his feet then turned as he passed it for one over the top which is why donohoe was giving him plenty of abuse in return. All the back 5 had a day to forget though. Even the ever reliable Hird had a cack game, you know you're up agaisnt it then.

Bit sick of Evatt handing out the stick. Wasn't doing it after the 3rd
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#44 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:55 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 27 August 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

Come on guys, be fair. All of our players were shocking the first half and Gardner was nowhere near the worst offender either. Infact I thought he was the only one of a few that came off at half time with even half an ounce of credit. No, he didn't play well, but there were at least seven or eight players that were a lot worse than him.

Gardner was ok during a first half hour in which we were, on balance of play and chances, unlucky to be behind. We had some good situations, as did they - the difference being some poor finishing poor defending and poor goalkeeping. We gifted them the game.

#45 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:13 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 27 August 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

Not far off as I saw it STB.

#46 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:17 AM

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Shaun Goater was at the game yesterday - Is he a scout nowadays?
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#47 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:34 AM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 28 August 2016 - 05:17 AM, said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Shaun Goater was at the game yesterday - Is he a scout nowadays?

Our new striker.

#48 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:26 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 28 August 2016 - 05:17 AM, said:

GIRL GUIDE HE'S HAD THE OP............
God I hate this league.

#49 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:28 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 28 August 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

GIRL GUIDE HE'S HAD THE OP............

Oh, right, cheers for clarifying.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users