Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#2321 User is offline   oldgoat 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:13 PM

can i go if the timing is ok and i am free / not at work etc

View PostZorro, on 26 August 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

So far we have 17 fans; -

Spireitenag
Moondog
Freelander2
MDCCCLXV1
Benno
GB07
Mr Happy
Clarevoyant
Andy Spireite
Mr Mercury
Spireite0312
Shaun1866
A Kick in the balls
Dim View
Sammy Spireite
Forever a Spireite

& myself

Rather than us all having a free for all, DIFH mentioned a format. I'm not saying we should have an agenda but it would help if we had a script so that all the questions can be asked that need bringing up and so we don't miss anything out or duplicate questions. Perhaps Spireitenag, Moondog or Freelander2 could collect the questions via PM so that they don't appear on view in the forum. This way the answers can't be pre-planned.

Z

#2322 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:05 AM

View Postazul, on 26 August 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

Why do you care? Never struck me as someone who liked their ago stroked

Not really sure what you mean by this comment ?
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#2323 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:16 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 26 August 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

In my opinion, there's absolutely no need for the club to be offering food, etc and the cost / trouble associated with that. It will waste 30 minutes and detract from the main event.

Agreed.

I'm not interested in any tour (which might be cancelled without refund...) or pie, peas and pint (is someone taking the 'PPP'?), I just want to question Sutcliffe and Co, face-to-face, in an attempt to clarify various issues.

As for the tenner, surely that gives us the right to expect answers without any ducking or dodging; we've paid for the truth so let's hear the truth.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#2324 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:30 AM

Getting slightly concerned a date hasn't been proposed for the Q&A by now

#2325 User is offline   Heart of a Niven 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:36 AM

View Postmoondog, on 27 August 2016 - 06:30 AM, said:

Getting slightly concerned a date hasn't been proposed for the Q&A by now

From which party? Were you expecting someone from the club to have proposed a date by now? I'd be happy to attend myself but living away and work make it impossible.

#2326 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:37 AM

View PostHeart of a Niven, on 27 August 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

From which party? Were you expecting someone from the club to have proposed a date by now? I'd be happy to attend myself but living away and work make it impossible.

Yes from the club, they've proposed the event, know the availability of the lounge etc

#2327 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:16 AM

View Postmoondog, on 27 August 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

Yes from the club, they've proposed the event, know the availability of the lounge etc

Mark, I proposed 2 dates yesterday being the 5th & 6th of September because only 1 person sent me a message who wanted to attend but struggled with work commitments.

So far it is looking like the 6th but AC needs to check CT, LS and if the date is ok for the club & PPP

I can't understand why some still kick off and try to create an argument, we are trying to arrange an audience and at last we have one, what's a few days make to the months we've been waiting?

We have a match today, there is more important issues to fixing a date.

Regarding the pie & peas, nobody is force feeding. I see it more of mingling and holding a civil meeting instead of turning up appearing like a lynch mob with somebody wearing a black cap on his head to pass sentence.

Hopefully I will be able to have seconds with all the folk that aren't bothered with the pie & peas. It will save the wife from cooking when I get home.

Rob
"You've never had it so good!!!"

#2328 Guest_itsc_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:17 AM

Rob

Add me to the list

Ta

#2329 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:25 AM

View PostZorro, on 27 August 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

Mark, I proposed 2 dates yesterday being the 5th & 6th of September because only 1 person sent me a message who wanted to attend but struggled with work commitments.

So far it is looking like the 6th but AC needs to check CT, LS and if the date is ok for the club & PPP

I can't understand why some still kick off and try to create an argument, we are trying to arrange an audience and at last we have one, what's a few days make to the months we've been waiting?

We have a match today, there is more important issues to fixing a date.

Regarding the pie & peas, nobody is force feeding. I see it more of mingling and holding a civil meeting instead of turning up appearing like a lynch mob with somebody wearing a black cap on his head to pass sentence.

Hopefully I will be able to have seconds with all the folk that aren't bothered with the pie & peas. It will save the wife from cooking when I get home.

Rob

Thanks for clarifying Rob, the club can't please everyone with the format, I just didn't understand the apparent delay in fixing a date.

#2330 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:19 PM

View Postmoondog, on 27 August 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

Thanks for clarifying Rob, the club can't please everyone with the format, I just didn't understand the apparent delay in fixing a date.

Yet 3 posts up your sort of having a pop yourself, make your mind up.

#2331 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostHeart of a Niven, on 27 August 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

25 people could be accommodated in the Ernie Moss suite at the HUB.
God I hate this league.

#2332 User is offline   Zorro 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

Spireitenag
Moondog
Freelander2
MDCCCLXV1
Benno
GB07
Mr Happy
Clarevoyant
Andy Spireite
Mr Mercury
Spireite0312
Shaun1866
A Kick in the balls
Dim View
Sammy Spireite
Forever a Spireite
Heavy_Sould (possibly)
Itsc

& myself
"You've never had it so good!!!"

#2333 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:35 PM

View Postshaun1866, on 27 August 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

Yet 3 posts up your sort of having a pop yourself, make your mind up.

?

#2334 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:11 PM

View PostZorro, on 27 August 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

Spireitenag
Moondog
Freelander2
MDCCCLXV1
Benno
GB07
Mr Happy
Clarevoyant
Andy Spireite
Mr Mercury
Spireite0312
Shaun1866
A Kick in the balls
Dim View
Sammy Spireite
Forever a Spireite
Heavy_Sould (possibly)
Itsc

& myself

I've got to say say Zorro not bothered about an Aquarius tour . Can we just sit down and ask the questions
#notapennymore

#2335 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:56 AM

View PostZorro, on 24 August 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

Bob

Sent Today, 08:17 PM
Bob,
Liam was supporting CFC with education, child welfare, scouting, scholars and trialists for CFC have been put up in his digs free of charge over the last 2 years.

Since Bobs Boards constant attacking he is considering withdrawing this support. That would cost us an additional £40,000 per annum

This is a 2 way street

Ashley'C

This has been puzzling me.

Sutcliffe's name appears on the CFC webpage as 'Head of Academy Recruitment', an official role within the Club for which he presumably receives a salary.

Yet AC appears to be saying he's somehow doing CFC a favour by performing various services free of charge - services he'll withdraw in a fit of pique!

How dare he! If he's a CFC employee then surely he's getting paid for these services - and if he ain't a CFC employee why is he named on the website?! Why does he enjoy the licence to roam the stadium that he visibly does?

Meanwhile exactly what qualifications does this former car wash boss possess in the fields of education and child welfare?

Where does the figure of forty grand come from, too?

AC's 'two way street' seems to have a number of twists and turns.

#2336 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 28 August 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

Sutcliffe's name appears on the CFC webpage as 'Head of Academy Recruitment', an official role within the Club for which he presumably receives a salary.

Yet AC appears to be saying he's somehow doing CFC a favour by performing various services free of charge - services he'll withdraw in a fit of pique!

How dare he! If he's a CFC employee then surely he's getting paid for these services - and if he ain't a CFC employee why is he named on the website?! Why does he enjoy the licence to roam the stadium that he visibly does?

Meanwhile exactly what qualifications does this former car wash boss possess in the fields of education and child welfare?

this is getting bludddy ridiculous. If Sutcliffe had submitted invoices for the forty grand to CFC then maybe lots of parents might have been paid back monies owing several months earlier. And yet AC praises LS's priorities. This meeting will never happen. They'll get savaged.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#2337 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:50 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 28 August 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

He might be referring to the digs costs...that Sutcliffe was offering free of charge? Obviously, that would have to be measured ref amount of scholars.

However, if correct, that would suggest to me that Sutcliffe id making a pretty penny elsewhere in order to not charge for digs services (which aren't cheap)....what's the incentive to do that?

#2338 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:59 PM

View PostZorro, on 27 August 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

Spireitenag
Moondog
Freelander2
MDCCCLXV1
Benno
GB07
Mr Happy
Clarevoyant
Andy Spireite
Mr Mercury
Spireite0312
Shaun1866
A Kick in the balls
Dim View
Sammy Spireite
Forever a Spireite
Heavy_Sould (possibly)
Itsc

& myself

I wish you all the luck in the world people, I would like to think only good will come of the meeting but I cannot see anything improveing whilst the club try to whaffle their way round the different senarios. You may get a heartfelt sorry but they won't offer the detail.

Why a visit round the Village ? This is a blatant attempt to suck us in portraying a proffessionally run set up which benefits the young lads.

I for one don't care - there is a festering volcano across the road that no one at the club seems to be worried about.

God I hate this league.

#2339 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 28 August 2016 - 01:59 PM, said:

I wish you all the luck in the world people, I would like to think only good will come of the meeting but I cannot see anything improveing whilst the club try to whaffle their way round the different senarios. You may get a heartfelt sorry but they won't offer the detail.

Why a visit round the Village ? This is a blatant attempt to suck us in portraying a proffessionally run set up which benefits the young lads.

I for one don't care - there is a festering volcano across the road that no one at the club seems to be worried about.

There're some intelligent and motivated folk on that list (not including me sen', of course), some of whom run their own businesses and I believe are more than capable of dissecting anything Sutcliffe has to offer.

I just hope this isn't some prolonged back-patting tour (one hour), followed by pie, peas and pint that no one seems particularly interested in, (another hour), leaving only a limited time to explore PPP's one remaining director's past and present.

I say let's get right down to it from word go.

#2340 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:26 PM

We need a date for this meeting soon or else the relevant calm is going to elapse, and I fear there may be no going back for some.

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users