Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Let Me Try The Maths - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Let Me Try The Maths

#21 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

Ernie Ernie Ernie, on 22 July 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

Would you have predicted crowds would be down on our previous promotion season?

Yes

The 'new stadium factor' had gone and the 'we have been here before' syndrome was present.

Having said that the some of crowds were disappointing, but by near 1000 as Turner regurtates, no way
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#22 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

Benno Spire, on 22 July 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

Need to get knocked out of JPT in first round as well as it seems you don't make any money from getting to Wembley

Absolutely if we don't use it as a vehicle to get income to progress the club stuff the JPT. ...how you can get a bonus for losing in a final is incredible.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#23 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

Ernie Ernie Ernie, on 22 July 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

Would you have predicted crowds would be down on our previous promotion season?

Obviously. No new ground bounce. 2 seasons of L2 mediocrity. You would have to an idiot to think we would better our first seasons gates at the pro act for a L2 campaign
A new hope.

#24 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

Benno Spire, on 22 July 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

Need to get knocked out of JPT in first round as well as it seems you don't make any money from getting to Wembley

Do you actually believe that?.Take evrything that comes out of the club with a huge pinch of salt.

#25 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:26 PM

a kick in the balls, on 22 July 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

Not true.

If CFC had said from day 1 we have over spent and need to be careful then no problem . To say we are in the market for 2 strikers and only quality players and in negotiations with Higdon..... To we won't be signing anyone and looking for younger players on loan? Come on fella.......something has gone very wrong in a short space of time

Obviously something has gone wrong but targets etc were identified on here in the main and then club had to start responding to rumours. The quality striker but was way back. There will also still be a signing

#26 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:49 AM

It's spin gone wrong, they knew we were short of cash, decided to try and sell more ST's by saying we'd learned lessons of 2011 and were going for two strikers, got found out and the truth came out. IMHO of course.

#27 User is offline   silver surfer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

Nitrous Oxide, on 23 July 2014 - 06:49 AM, said:

It's spin gone wrong, they knew we were short of cash, decided to try and sell more ST's by saying we'd learned lessons of 2011 and were going for two strikers, got found out and the truth came out. IMHO of course.

Yes Nic, it was spin. Maybe the disappointing concert crowds are a valid excuse. However i think this way. If we don`t sign a new striker this season i think we will find life a lot harder in this league. We won`t score as many goals hence we will struggle a bit. If it goes a bit pear shaped and we are looking in trouble ,then I hope funds will be made available early doors and not panic when it`s too late like last time. Uncle Dave cannot blame Cooky like he did Sheridan last time, when we all should know it was him being a little bit to prudent shall we say. After all ,he holds the purse strings. I`m not knocking him and never will for all that he has done for our club. I know if I had lent someone, or an organisation a load of money i would want it all back as soon as possible thankyou. If we stay up this year without lurking near the bottom for most of it I will be happy. Consolidate this year is what Dave said and not do anything too silly but next year more investment must be forthcoming.

#28 User is offline   Duckys Moved 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Golf<br />Football<br />Fishing<br />Lager

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:02 AM

Nitrous Oxide, on 23 July 2014 - 06:49 AM, said:

The most worrying thing is that if we cannot stand on our own two feet on crowds of 6300 a thriving corporate business and a Wembley visit we are in serious trouble!!

#29 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

Got to agree Silver Surfer. Trouble is it could be a very very long depressing season if all we are doing is trying to hang on.

#30 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

silver surfer, on 23 July 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Yes Nic, it was spin. Maybe the disappointing concert crowds are a valid excuse. However i think this way. If we don`t sign a new striker this season i think we will find life a lot harder in this league. We won`t score as many goals hence we will struggle a bit. If it goes a bit pear shaped and we are looking in trouble ,then I hope funds will be made available early doors and not panic when it`s too late like last time. Uncle Dave cannot blame Cooky like he did Sheridan last time, when we all should know it was him being a little bit to prudent shall we say. After all ,he holds the purse strings. I`m not knocking him and never will for all that he has done for our club. I know if I had lent someone, or an organisation a load of money i would want it all back as soon as possible thankyou. If we stay up this year without lurking near the bottom for most of it I will be happy. Consolidate this year is what Dave said and not do anything too silly but next year more investment must be forthcoming.

Thing is, we did this last time. We waited until we looked like we were going to be in the sh** and then tried to make changes and still got relegated.

Carbon copy coming up, seriously.

#31 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

Annoyed as I am at hearing that the Club had only just realised that we've averaged less than budgeted, I've spent 5 minutes looking at our attendances.

By the Plymouth match on the 14th December, our 11th home league game of the season, gates were recorded at 69,661 compared with a budgeted figure of 77,000, this period included games against Mansfield, Burton, York & Scunny. I think Phil T mentioned that the average net ticket price is about £14.50, therefore we were £106K down on where we needed to be in Mid December, alarm bells should have been ringing then. In fact, if you take the Mansfield gate out of the equation, CT could have predicted that if things didn't change, our gates would have been £300K+ down on where they needed to be for the season.

At this point, or before, the budget should have been revisited and control measures put in place, especially as we were £130K over budget on the playing side before a ball had been kicked. Does CT not have any management information reports showing actual results versus budget on a monthly basis?

It's clear to me that there has been absolutely no control & management at all, a total lack of understanding. At a time when the Club have increased prices right across the business to help alleviate the situation, I just hope there are changes behind the scenes to avoid a repeat in the future.

Oh & I must get this off my chest, the CEO of any business should be absolutely ashamed to mention in public that the owner has had to bail the business out on more than one occasion.

This post has been edited by freelander2: 23 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

#32 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

freelander2, on 23 July 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

Annoyed as I am at hearing that the Club had only just realised that we've averaged less than budgeted, I've spent 5 minutes looking at our attendances.

By the Plymouth match on the 14th December, our 11th home league game of the season, gates were recorded at 69,661 compared with a budgeted figure of 77,000, this period included games against Mansfield, Burton, York & Scunny. I think Phil T mentioned that the average net ticket price is about £14.50, therefore we were £106K down on where we needed to be in Mid December, alarm bells should have been ringing then. In fact, if you take the Mansfield gate out of the equation, CT could have predicted that if things didn't change, our gates would have been £300K+ down on where they needed to be for the season.

At this point, or before, the budget should have been revisited and control measures put in place, especially as we were £130K over budget on the playing side before a ball had been kicked. Does CT not have any management information reports showing actual results versus budget on a monthly basis?

It's clear to me that there has been absolutely no control & management at all, a total lack of understanding. At a time when the Club have increased prices right across the business to help alleviate the situation, I just hope there are changes behind the scenes to avoid a repeat in the future.

Oh & I must get this off my chest, the CEO of any business should be absolutely ashamed to mention in public that the owner has had to bail the business out on more than one occasion.

Turner is a bufoon. He is NOT adequately equipped to run the financial side of the business. Who is the internal accountant? Who produces the management information? Waiting until months after the year end to realise you've had a bad year confirmed by your year end accounts is unforgivably amateurish and is akin to locking the stable door after said hoss has bolted.
Surely Allen has his finger on the pulse more than that? If he runs his other operations like he does this then he must be the luckiest man alive to have generated the wealth he has.
Turner must fall on his sword for me. I don't see what he brings to the party.i don't doubt his football acumen but intellectually he ain't appearing on countdown anytime soon!
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#33 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

jonnythespireite, on 23 July 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

Turner is a bufoon. He is NOT adequately equipped to run the financial side of the business. Who is the internal accountant? Who produces the management information? Waiting until months after the year end to realise you've had a bad year confirmed by your year end accounts is unforgivably amateurish and is akin to locking the stable door after said hoss has bolted.
Surely Allen has his finger on the pulse more than that? If he runs his other operations like he does this then he must be the luckiest man alive to have generated the wealth he has.
Turner must fall on his sword for me. I don't see what he brings to the party.i don't doubt his football acumen but intellectually he ain't appearing on countdown anytime soon!

Eyup Jonny. Somebody needs to take a picture cos me and thee agree completely.

#34 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

Goku, on 23 July 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

It was inevitable. I've ground you down cock chops :D
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#35 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

jonnythespireite, on 23 July 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

Well that's a first, me & thee agreeing.

I'll raise a glass.

#36 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

Goku, on 23 July 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

Thee's the in word tonight. Ha Ha.

#37 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

freelander2, on 23 July 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

Well that's a first, me & thee agreeing.

I'll raise a glass.

My doubts were raised when he was asked about FFP and wages budget in relation to turnover at the AGM (I think). He made the biggest balls up of answering the question he possibly could have but got away with it.
I also contacted him once regarding some pretty poor customer service my 74 year old dad had received from the politeness challenged old goat in the ticket office.
He rang me back and said 'it's the same at every club Jon'. My challenge to him to be different and do it properly fell on deaf ears. He's clueless.

#38 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

Just been reading some reports on BBC Football and it looks like ours is a common problem. doncaster have no money and are looking to rely on youngsters and no money to sign their trialists. Keith Hill saying he won't get any money from the sale of Hogan and waiting to pick up players who are not successful currently on trial at higher clubs.
There seems to be problems at Port Vale. Therefore as long as at least 4 teams are worse off this season we should avoid the drop.
IMO with the current squad I can still see us finish mid table.
Have passport will travel

#39 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

Benno Spire, on 23 July 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

Just been reading some reports on BBC Football and it looks like ours is a common problem. doncaster have no money and are looking to rely on youngsters and no money to sign their trialists. Keith Hill saying he won't get any money from the sale of Hogan and waiting to pick up players who are not successful currently on trial at higher clubs.
There seems to be problems at Port Vale. Therefore as long as at least 4 teams are worse off this season we should avoid the drop.

Now that IS reassuring. I bet there are 2 or 3 other clubs/....Colchester??? in the same boat too.

#40 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

Benno Spire, on 23 July 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

It's not the fact we have no money that's the issue. It's how we've come to understand we haven't got any money and the rank bad management of finances last season and into this.
I've simmered on this for a few days and have eventually come down on the 'fans taken for a ride and blamed on the inadequacies of others' side of the fence.
When I says 'inadequacies of others' I really mean Turner.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users