• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Season Tickets When do we get them?

#21 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

View Postfadedblue, on 22 July 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Maybe the grants have run out and DA is baulking at the idea of using his own money.

Yes the £7m available to successful businessmen to invest in football clubs has probably all gone... :rolleyes:
Peter Whiteley

#22 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 22 July 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

Yes the £7m available to successful businessmen to invest in football clubs has probably all gone... :rolleyes:

The stupidity of some on here is beyond belief.

#23 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things Spireites - and Liverpool

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

So, we can afford to announce a new kit man..... Hot news!!! ... And not announce anything about season tickets...... Go figure!

Btw I don't think it costs us anything to create a new page, this is just a lack of comms. We don't seem to do communications well as a club which is a shame as there could be loads of stuff we could write about for the web to get people interested and visiting.

#24 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 22 July 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

On the subject of season tickets if we have sold over4000 and sales are up 20% thats around 800 new ST holders who i am guessing bought one on the basis we were in a higher division coupled with the feelgood factor promotion brought not unlike last time, but.....

I wonder how many bought them early doors believing dave allens words about mistakes being learned, we would be signing a quality forward (plus a couple of others) and be very competitive ! I also wonder how many of those 800 would buy one now with the news that has come out over the last few days?

Personally i always have a ST so it makes no difference i will be going whatever, but i cant help feeling very deflated at the signing situation and am still clinging to the hope we get a forward and bocco as a minimum. If we dont i honestly think it will be a relegation battle and those extra ST holders will be gone next season along with the feelgood factor all for the sake of a couple of hundred grand!

I genuinely hope i am wrong, only time will tell !!!

I get a ST every year but if i knew what state we would be in for this season I wouldn't have bothered. And you super fans can come and give these nuts a suck if you like, I went home and away throughout 2011 (not saying I'm a martyr or owt before the head in the sand happy clapping brigade start) and I hated it, it was crap. Not in a rush to do that again. We have no penetration. Who on earth is bagging goals in this team?

But yeah, I've got a ST and if we have a successful season please rub my nose in it - it will be a small price to pay. If we somehow sign a couple of decent players though I'm open to changing my mind.

#25 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

They announced it now ....

http://www.chesterfi...ts-1776921.aspx

#26 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

View PostLuSiVe, on 23 July 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

They announced it now ....

http://www.chesterfi...ts-1776921.aspx

Some people reckon the club doesn't read this message board, why?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#27 User is offline   needdm 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

View Postazul, on 23 July 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Some people reckon the club doesn't read this message board, why?

It is probably more to do with people like me ringing the ticket office on Monday and asking when there were going to advise the tickets were ready. When I spoke to them they actually thought they had some weeks ago, but I knew they hadn't.

#28 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostGoku, on 22 July 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

I get a ST every year but if i knew what state we would be in for this season I wouldn't have bothered. And you super fans can come and give these nuts a suck if you like, I went home and away throughout 2011 (not saying I'm a martyr or owt before the head in the sand happy clapping brigade start) and I hated it, it was crap. Not in a rush to do that again. We have no penetration. Who on earth is bagging goals in this team?

But yeah, I've got a ST and if we have a successful season please rub my nose in it - it will be a small price to pay. If we somehow sign a couple of decent players though I'm open to changing my mind.

We are all different aren't we?
While I can afford to buy a season ticket I will, it has nothing to do with who we have or haven't signed, and I don't see it as some badge I can wear to prove I'm a better supporter. I just buy one because I can.
I've been through crappy seasons, far worse than 11/12 and I just accept that there will be good, bad and average seasons.
As for goals I would like us to have a player to shoulder the goal scoring burden, but it's not like we have no one capable of scoring goals Doyle, Roberts, oshea, banks, Gardner, darikwa, armband are all capable finishers so there are goals in the squad.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#29 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

View Postneeddm, on 23 July 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

It is probably more to do with people like me ringing the ticket office on Monday and asking when there were going to advise the tickets were ready. When I spoke to them they actually thought they had some weeks ago, but I knew they hadn't.

I still haven't received a response to my email I sent last week,so I doubt it

#30 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

I'm afraid I'm with you

I bought a season ticket for the first time since 2010. I bought it because I have moved back to the area and I thought we would be having a very good season and due to the clubs ticketing policy for the big games. I just thought it would remove the hassle, however I expect that his will no longer be an issue.

Disappointed as I preferred to move around the ground and I am happy to pay full price

#31 User is offline   needdm 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

View Postazul, on 23 July 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

I'm afraid I'm with you

I bought a season ticket for the first time since 2010. I bought it because I have moved back to the area and I thought we would be having a very good season and due to the clubs ticketing policy for the big games. I just thought it would remove the hassle, however I expect that his will no longer be an issue.

Disappointed as I preferred to move around the ground and I am happy to pay full price

We might still have a good season, as after all we still have the same team other than Mark Richards, who a lot of people did not rate. The younger players may continue to get better.

I brought a season ticket as well for the first time, and not brought before because I also prefer to move around the ground. The main reason I brought one was it actually was cheaper. I missed about 3 games last year, and provided I attend 17 games I am actually better off. Additionally I do think it will be difficult to get tickets for some games this year, as some teams will bring 2000 fans, which with segregation means we have only 8000 tickets for home fans, 4000 of which season ticket holders have already taken, it will be difficult to get tickets for some games like Sheffield united particularly if the club makes it as hard as they did three years ago to get tickets. Also if you are not a season ticket holder it will be difficult to get tickets for some of the away games, and you never know we could get a big team in one of the cups.

#32 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

View Postneeddm, on 23 July 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

We might still have a good season, as after all we still have the same team other than Mark Richards, who a lot of people did not rate. The younger players may continue to get better.

I brought a season ticket as well for the first time, and not brought before because I also prefer to move around the ground. The main reason I brought one was it actually was cheaper. I missed about 3 games last year, and provided I attend 17 games I am actually better off. Additionally I do think it will be difficult to get tickets for some games this year, as some teams will bring 2000 fans, which with segregation means we have only 8000 tickets for home fans, 4000 of which season ticket holders have already taken, it will be difficult to get tickets for some games like Sheffield united particularly if the club makes it as hard as they did three years ago to get tickets. Also if you are not a season ticket holder it will be difficult to get tickets for some of the away games, and you never know we could get a big team in one of the cups.

The games against the Sheffield teams in 2011/2012 attracted just over 9000 each. One of the games the away club was allocated part of the East Stand

That wasn't down to segregation it was down to apathy on the home clubs part. I remember well because ordering by phone is a pain when you live away and it wasn't for these games.

A season remotely like that one and tickets will be two a penny, especially with online ticketing. That was the main reason for me regretting my purchase.

#33 User is offline   charleyfarley11 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

I always thought you buy a season ticket because you love the club and want to support them whatever league they are in,
not based on how the club are doing financially or on how many signings we make, maybe I'm wrong

#34 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

View Postcharleyfarley11, on 23 July 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

I always thought you buy a season ticket because you love the club and want to support them whatever league they are in,
not based on how the club are doing financially or on how many signings we make, maybe I'm wrong

Yep, you're wrong (in my personal situation). Guess I'm not a true fan, eh?

#35 User is offline   charleyfarley11 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

View PostGoku, on 23 July 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

Yep, you're wrong (in my personal situation). Guess I'm not a true fan, eh?

Guess your not

#36 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

View Postcharleyfarley11, on 23 July 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

Well I think you are being a little naive

I would think most people buy season tickets to save money and get the seat they want. However they are obviously supporting the team

Just in case you are still in doubt. Do you think we will sell 4000 season tickets in 2018 if we get relegated and remain in L2 for a few years?

I hope you answer, no

#37 User is offline   charleyfarley11 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:33 AM

View Postazul, on 23 July 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

Well I think you are being a little naive

I would think most people buy season tickets to save money and get the seat they want. However they are obviously supporting the team

Just in case you are still in doubt. Do you think we will sell 4000 season tickets in 2018 if we get relegated and remain in L2 for a few years?

I hope you answer, no

Probably not but i would still buy one whatever league/financial position we are in.

#38 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

View Postcharleyfarley11, on 24 July 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

Probably not but i would still buy one whatever league/financial position we are in.

If you love your team as much as you why not pay full price on a match by match basis

DA knowing you were turning up no matter what would probably prefer that

#39 User is offline   charleyfarley11 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

View Postazul, on 24 July 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

If you love your team as much as you why not pay full price on a match by match basis

DA knowing you were turning up no matter what would probably prefer that

sorry if i misunderstood goku,s point, when he said "if he knew the situation we are in he wouldnt have bothered with a season ticket" i assumed he meant he wouldnt go at all as he didnt mention otherwise.

#40 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

I wouldn't have bothered with a ST but I would have probably still ended up going anyway tbh

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users