Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Got Wind Of This Late Last Night - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Got Wind Of This Late Last Night Last Paragraph

#21 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

Well by reading all this I hope we have some damn good youth team players ready to make the step up. Was there not 1/2 decent youths play against Lincoln? Or was it alfreton?

Is broadhead even ready?
Here we go again!

#22 Guest_NOKIN_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 22 July 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

Bet that insurance is cheap as chips, each player got 20k apart from Gardner who got 10k

Yeah in hindsight you can argue it would've been worth it, but it would've been a massive gamble.

Who the hell leaks this stuff from the club? They should be sacked.

I honestly can't see what anyone has to gain doing this unless they have a few scores to settle

#23 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

View Postnot_the_freak, on 22 July 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

Well by reading all this I hope we have some damn good youth team players ready to make the step up. Was there not 1/2 decent youths play against Lincoln? Or was it alfreton?

Is broadhead even ready?

There was a decent kid at Alfreton, something Morrison his name, might have been Curtis. But I doubt he'll be ready for league football. Hopefully Ollie banks won't be too far away from fitness. I don't know if broadhead is ready, but depth at centre back is the least of our problems.

I'd expect Morgan and Boco to sign, maybe featherstone, then probably a young left winger, probably on loan.

I think hird will probably be back up right back until Drew is fit, tendayi is a fit lad and more than capable of playing every game.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#24 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 22 July 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

There was a decent kid at Alfreton, something Morrison his name, might have been Curtis. But I doubt he'll be ready for league football. Hopefully Ollie banks won't be too far away from fitness. I don't know if broadhead is ready, but depth at centre back is the least of our problems.

I'd expect Morgan and Boco to sign, maybe featherstone, then probably a young left winger, probably on loan.

I think hird will probably be back up right back until Drew is fit, tendayi is a fit lad and more than capable of playing every game.

Hasn't Morgan signed for Scunthorpe?

The quicker we can get Ollie Banks fit the better - looks like we might need to rely on him as a make-shift striker.
Twitter: Bodie0402

#25 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostBodieUK, on 22 July 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

Hasn't Morgan signed for Scunthorpe?

The quicker we can get Ollie Banks fit the better - looks like we might need to rely on him as a make-shift striker.

No, he was snapchatting madden and mcsheff, and somebody on here took that as he's sharing a hotel room with them :lol:

This post has been edited by lindo-spireite: 22 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#26 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 22 July 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

I'm taking yesterday's comments from the club as, we've got what we've got so we'll have to make do. Part of me will be surprised if we do see anyone else arrive before orient. If we only score 1 or 2 goals before the deadline, I think DA will reevaluate the situation and bring someone like Davies in. I must stress tho it's not someone who I'd consider now.
Here we go again!

#27 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 22 July 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

Source: DT

Paul Cook's first team has just two more scheduled pre-season games before they begin life in League One.

Leeds United (July 26) and Aston Villa (July 30) are scheduled to visit the Proact this month before Spireites' first competitive match of the new campaign on Saturday August 9.

There is a possibility that an additional match may be squeezed in a week before the trip to Brisbane Road, but with squad numbers low, Cook has said he's adapting training and the rest of the preparation for the game at Leyton Orient to reduce the chance of injuries.

As it stands today the Chesterfield boss won't be able to fill his 18 match day spots with professional players.

Drew Talbot, Ollie Banks and Aaron Chapman are all likely to miss the trip to the East End so with just 20 players signed up and three of them, Jack Broadhead, Charlie Raglan and Charlie Dawes all without a league appearance, the squad looks worryingly threadbare.

Cook was hoping to get the green light after last week's board meeting to sign more players but no such thumbs up was given, so it is looking like last season's Championship winning boss will have to make do and mend with what he's got.

The rationale behind the board's reluctance to release more funds is the anticipated £0.5m plus loss for last season, primarily caused by less than budgeted crowds at both the football and the two summer concerts.

Reaching the final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy plus winning the title may have brought in extra revenue but they also led to sizeable bonus payments being made.

Additionally the likes of Jay O'Shea, Dan Gardner, Tendayi Darikwa and Sam Morsy have signed improved deals since the end of last season, so there's no remaining cash to aid squad building.

It's believed that chairman Dave Allen had to increase his loans to the club this month to cover all expenses due despite the sale of in the region of 4000 season tickets this summer.

the last 3 lines also confirm what the 3 wise monkeys said in the leaked PM
A new hope.

#28 User is offline   rs1978 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 22 July 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

Bet that insurance is cheap as chips, each player got 20k apart from Gardner who got 10k

Yeah in hindsight you can argue it would've been worth it, but it would've been a massive gamble.

It's a shame there aren't any insurance experts on the board, otherwise they would have been right onto that...

Put the pieces together - heavily incentivised contracts (as I understand it), one of the favourites to get promoted (budgeting for crowds of 7,000 suggests the powers that be EXPECTED to get promoted playing champagne football)...these facts lead you to think that those in charge should have considered the paying of the bonuses/improved contracts was inevitable. Tempted to think that this time last year there was a feeling of, 'get them signed up, we'll worry about the detail next year'. Next year is now!

#29 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

View Postrs1978, on 22 July 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

those in charge should have considered the paying of the bonuses/improved contracts was inevitable. ...

....yep, pretty shrewd of them wasn't it.?
The only thing that went wrong was that DA thought TJ would be as big a pull as Elton, and he was wrong. A sellout for TJ would have seen us quids in. He'll have to put a few bob in, on interest, and get it back later. He's the musician, he's the clubber, he's into showbiz, he's the expert.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#30 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

View Postdim view, on 22 July 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

....yep, pretty shrewd of them wasn't it.?
The only thing that went wrong was that DA thought TJ would be as big a pull as Elton, and he was wrong. A sellout for TJ would have seen us quids in. He'll have to put a few bob in, on interest, and get it back later. He's the musician, he's the clubber, he's into showbiz, he's the expert.

TJ made about £180K profit. The Sunday gig made a bigger loss. TJ was a good decision.

#31 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

But... did TJ only make 180k profit as the cost of the staging etc etc etc was shared over two days

#32 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:19 AM

View Poststarsky72, on 22 July 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

But... did TJ only make 180k profit as the cost of the staging etc etc etc was shared over two days

The cost of keeping the stage,lighting,etc and other costs for second concert were quoted as being £20k at fans forum meeting.

#33 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

View Poststarsky72, on 22 July 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

Ah, the vagaries of allocating expenses between departments for the purpose of management accounts; caused many a Board Room bust up.

#34 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Cheers, it may have been £20,000 additional cost to keep the staging etc for the second gig but I wasn't sure if, for working out profit, the costs were split equally over the two gigs.

That way it would look like TJ was a bigger success :)

This post has been edited by starsky72: 22 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

#35 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

View Poststarsky72, on 22 July 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

Cheers, it may have been £20,000 additional cost to keep the staging etc for the second gig but I wasn't sure if, for working out profit, the costs were split equally over the two gigs.

That way it would look like TJ was a bigger success :)

I would imagine the costs for staging,etc for concert one would have been far higher than for a second concert.

#36 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

View Postspireitenag, on 22 July 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

I would imagine the costs for staging,etc for concert one would have been far higher than for a second concert.

Surely it is just a accounting thing how you proportion the staging costs.

The fundamental fact is that TJ was well short of a sell out (which DA expected) and the PATP was a disaster with little more than 5000 turning up

Tickets for both concerts were discounted

So not the profit DA expected and had banked on

This is the only part of the DA/CT spin I take at face value
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#37 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

Yeah, the concerts simply didn't bring in as much money as expected, thats pretty easy to believe.

However, when you listen to the interviews I am sure they state that the concert income isn't used towards the player budgets anyway, so while it's disappointing to have less money coming in, it's not the reason for budget trimming.

#38 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

View Poststarsky72, on 22 July 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

Yeah, the concerts simply didn't bring in as much money as expected, thats pretty easy to believe.

However, when you listen to the interviews I am sure they state that the concert income isn't used towards the player budgets anyway, so while it's disappointing to have less money coming in, it's not the reason for budget trimming.

I think you are correct, I think it was going towards load reduction.

However they'll be a knock on effect, so some the planned player budget may be re-allocated to loan reduction (or at least stem its growth).

So DA's recent assertion that player budget relied solely on match day income was to the truth
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#39 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

View Postrs1978, on 22 July 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

It's a shame there aren't any insurance experts on the board, otherwise they would have been right onto that...

Put the pieces together - heavily incentivised contracts (as I understand it), one of the favourites to get promoted (budgeting for crowds of 7,000 suggests the powers that be EXPECTED to get promoted playing champagne football)...these facts lead you to think that those in charge should have considered the paying of the bonuses/improved contracts was inevitable. Tempted to think that this time last year there was a feeling of, 'get them signed up, we'll worry about the detail next year'. Next year is now!

The expectation would have been reflected in the respective premiums I assume

#40 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostBobby Darling, on 22 July 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

TJ made about £180K profit. The Sunday gig made a bigger loss. TJ was a good decision.

Not so. He could have made the same profit with no risk if he had called in the same company that did Elton. He now has a reference point - you have to sell a minimum of 11000 tickets to make it worthwhile taking a risk. I'm told some people mentioned that to DA, but he thought he knew the industry and he wouldn't listen. Much more research and forward planning needs doing in future. Those 4000 empty seats are where the massive profits are.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users