Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Why Was This Player Not Folloowed Up On - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why Was This Player Not Folloowed Up On

#21 User is offline   diddyuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

A load of drivel as per we would expect

#22 User is online   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

View Postdiddyuk, on 22 July 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

A load of drivel as per we would expect

DONT read it then big boy

#23 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

View PostCartman, on 22 July 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

only Lester

Clarke did ok for a few games, Westcarr flattered to deceive, Bowery and Boden were OK

And as stated we have the same forward line (minus Richards) who were part of one of the top scoring teams in L2

Doyle should be better this season as should Armand, no one knows how good Dawes will be and there is the option of using Gardner as a striker

One recognised striker added to our squad would be good but still think we can do ok without

Squad is already better than 2011, with another decent striker it is Miles better than 2011

Haha. Wow, just wow. Is there a position of club spin doctor in our bloated back room staff?

#24 User is online   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostGoku, on 22 July 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

Haha. Wow, just wow. Is there a position of club spin doctor in our bloated back room staff?

not spin, it is the truth

squad is far better than in 2011

we haven't lost the goals that took us up (as we did in 2011)

yes, would be great to sign more players, especially a very good front man

but even if we don't there is no need for the doom and gloom on here and general mardiness about budgets etc

if we lose the first 6 games 3-0 then I may change my mind!!!!!!

#25 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

View PostCartman, on 22 July 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

not spin, it is the truth

squad is far better than in 2011

we haven't lost the goals that took us up (as we did in 2011)

yes, would be great to sign more players, especially a very good front man

but even if we don't there is no need for the doom and gloom on here and general mardiness about budgets etc

if we lose the first 6 games 3-0 then I may change my mind!!!!!!

I'd be very interested to hear your opinion on CT

#26 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

So long as no-one gets injured, ill, sent off, booked too much, sold, disillusioned, out of form, run over, or abducted by aliens we'll be fine. I look forward to a series of Armand hattricks as he claims the League 1 golden boot.

#27 User is online   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

View PostGoku, on 22 July 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

I'd be very interested to hear your opinion on CT

not really got one good or bad, bloke runs the club and as long as we are playing ok and not spending money we don't have putting the clubs future at risk then I am happy

says some strange things to the press mind, doesn't do himself any favours sometimes

#28 User is offline   Smilin' Artist 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

If you'd stop shouting I'd dignify your question with a response.

#29 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

View PostCartman, on 22 July 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

not really got one good or bad, bloke runs the club and as long as we are playing ok and not spending money we don't have putting the clubs future at risk then I am happy

says some strange things to the press mind, doesn't do himself any favours sometimes

I'd say he does worse than strange. He has contradicted himself re. the budget on numerous occasions to the point where it's obvious he is now simply lying. I'm bored of it.

You are a very tolerant man. Fancy being my missus?

This post has been edited by Goku: 22 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

#30 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostCartman, on 22 July 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

And if it turns out we really are struggling to pay the bills now and DA's had to kick in for that?

#31 User is offline   Smilin' Artist 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

Don't be cheating on me like that Goku. I know I have long periods away from Bobs Board but I have feelings.

#32 User is online   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostLuSiVe, on 22 July 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

And if it turns out we really are struggling to pay the bills now and DA's had to kick in for that?

as someone has mentioned elsewhere, this is normal over the close season with no gate money etc and whilst clubs wait for cash from Football League / Sky etc etc

If we start to struggle to pay the bills during the season something is very very wrong

#33 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostCartman, on 22 July 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

only Lester

Clarke did ok for a few games, Westcarr flattered to deceive, Bowery and Boden were OK

And as stated we have the same forward line (minus Richards) who were part of one of the top scoring teams in L2

Doyle should be better this season as should Armand, no one knows how good Dawes will be and there is the option of using Gardner as a striker

One recognised striker added to our squad would be good but still think we can do ok without

Squad is already better than 2011, with another decent striker it is Miles better than 2011

Overall the squad is. The forward line isn't.

#34 User is online   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

View PostGoku, on 22 July 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

I'd say he does worse than strange. He has contradicted himself re. the budget on numerous occasions to the point where it's obvious he is now simply lying. I'm bored of it.

You are a very tolerant man. Fancy being my missus?

not that tolerant, just not a sad needy melt who craves info every 2 minutes from the club then reacts mardily when it is something other than 'we've signed 10 players or our budget is 10 million quid etc etc'

the numerous budget references are what happens when the club releases too much info to try and keep needy fans happy

the truth is in there somewhere

#35 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 22 July 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

DONT read it then big boy

Not being funny, but you do talk crap sometimes......of course this guy was on our radar...players want different things...not everyone wants to come to the mighty chesterfield! Just remember Barnsley have been a consistent championship side for many years!!

Seriously, what's with your CAPITALS?

Anyway if your concerned ...have a word with Cook....because your warfey...you know...WARFEY

#36 User is online   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 22 July 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

Not being funny, but you do talk crap sometimes......of course this guy was on our radar...players want different things...not everyone wants to come to the mighty chesterfield! Just remember Barnsley have been a consistent championship side for many years!!

Seriously, what's with your CAPITALS?

Anyway if your concerned ...have a word with Cook....because your warfey...you know...WARFEY

perhaps he was on the radar, perhaps he wasn't - scoring a few goals in Jock 2nd Tier doesn't make him any good, Barnsley have gambled on him much like we have on Dawes

one thing I am certain of, with the calibre of player brought in during Cook's tenure and the calibre of player we have been looking at, the club do not need scouting help from anyone, certainly not people obsessed with 6 foot 5 strikers or players from Pub Leagues!
:rolleyes:

#37 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

View PostCartman, on 22 July 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

not that tolerant, just not a sad needy melt who craves info every 2 minutes from the club then reacts mardily when it is something other than 'we've signed 10 players or our budget is 10 million quid etc etc'

the numerous budget references are what happens when the club releases too much info to try and keep needy fans happy

the truth is in there somewhere

Nah I'm not having that. I'm not a sad needy melt but I'd like to know what the craic is, one press conference would do it. Instead what have I been given? A bunch of contradictive lies and Dave Allen blaming the fans for not turning up because of HIS (or Turner's, whoever) inability to accurately guests attendances. I honestly don't understand why you or anyone else is cool with that, genuinely beyond me.

#38 User is online   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

View PostGoku, on 22 July 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Nah I'm not having that. I'm not a sad needy melt but I'd like to know what the craic is, one press conference would do it. Instead what have I been given? A bunch of contradictive lies and Dave Allen blaming the fans for not turning up because of HIS (or Turner's, whoever) inability to accurately guests attendances. I honestly don't understand why you or anyone else is cool with that, genuinely beyond me.

the problem they have given themselves is too much info given

all they need to say in the close season is 'we are looking at improving the squad and looking forward to the new campaign' - no matter how much needy types moan to be updated with transfer dealings every 10 minutes

DA asking for more fans to come to games is nothing new, loads of chairman have done that in the past, course he wants more fans at games - getting upset at that is ridiculous

#39 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

Because he is making it out that we, the Chesterfield fans are at fault for not turning up presumably without realising that the ones who this applies to (the floaters) will not see this, only the "true" fans, for want of a better word. He should shut his trap to be honest, we get great attendances for our level/size of town and it is absolutely not our fault that HE (or Turner) aren't savvy enough to compare past attendances and work out a sensible average.

#40 User is online   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostGoku, on 22 July 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

Because he is making it out that we, the Chesterfield fans are at fault for not turning up presumably without realising that the ones who this applies to (the floaters) will not see this, only the "true" fans, for want of a better word. He should shut his trap to be honest, we get great attendances for our level/size of town and it is absolutely not our fault that HE (or Turner) aren't savvy enough to compare past attendances and work out a sensible average.

they based the projection on the average attendance the last time we were promoted

that isn't too far fetched surely?

and again, to take what he said as a personal insult is ridiculous!

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users