• You cannot reply to this topic

Cook's Position.

#41 User is offline   RichThomps1 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

View Postsemi130497, on 22 July 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

Of course its crossed his mind, but he wont resign right now, he wants a pay off if he has to leave, he has to pay the bills just like the rest of us.

It is all very depressing I see 2 possibilites

1) He fails through no fault of his own due to a pitiful budget, gets sack and pay off, and then gets a league 2 / big blue square conference club job on the back of his league 2 title success with us.

OR

2) He works a minor miracle and has relative success against the odds on said pitiful budget like McFarland did. In which case he will jump ship and take Leam Richardson with him at the 1st opportunity (wouldn't blame him) leaving us with a new manager who will need time to get to know the players. Unlike McFarland he isn't a veteran manager looking for 1 last job to boost his pension pot, he is an ambitious young manager wanting to get on.

How did we get here? I know we haven't just survived near extinction like we did post Darren Brown, but all the stuff about needing to survive in league 1 against the odds with no money FEELS much the same (yes I know there are great differences but the feeling is the same)

Sorry to be a moaner.

If we can't afford players how could we afford to sack Cook if it came down to that?

#42 User is offline   semi130497 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostRichThomps1, on 22 July 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

If we can't afford players how could we afford to sack Cook if it came down to that?

true I am being a bit hasty and emotional. its only a game after all

This post has been edited by semi130497: 22 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

Everyone thinks forgiveness is a lovely idea until they have something to forgive

#43 User is offline   StaffsSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

Really dont get all this talk of Cook resigning and some even questioning the financial implications of him being sacked!! Why FFS......... Barmy!! Best manager in my opinion we had at the club for many a year and I for one hope he stays and takes up into the championship one day.

#44 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostStokespireite, on 22 July 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

Really dont get all this talk of Cook resigning and some even questioning the financial implications of him being sacked!! Why FFS......... Barmy!! Best manager in my opinion we had at the club for many a year and I for one hope he stays and takes up into the championship one day.

In many ways, PC is more important to the club than any player and if he were to leave, I think it would be a decision we'd look back at ruefully when he moves into a new role.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users