Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Chairman Appeals For Fans Support - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chairman Appeals For Fans Support

#41 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

Sick of the fans getting the blame for the dogsh** predicted attendance.

#42 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostDMU Blue, on 21 July 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

I cannot wait to log onto Facebook and check out the comments on there about this.

It's usually like this board on crack

Disappointed that the comments on here are to realistic are you?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#43 User is offline   Spireite_UK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

What were the grounds for budgeting 7k crowds last season?
Why only come out with all this now?

Something doesn't add up

#44 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostDMU Blue, on 21 July 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

Everything you post is so pessimistic. I'd not be able to get out of bed in a morning if I was this sad about everything

Realism or Pessimism?
JRID

#45 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

View Postdim view, on 21 July 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

No evidence for 2), 3), 5). Apart from that..........

you need to look at the official site again Mr B
A new hope.

#46 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

View Posthilly81, on 21 July 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

Moron.

the only morons here is them that believe the rubbish he spouts there is not a person in the club that thought we would get 7k fans last season the season before we got 5.5k so why budget for it its utter bollox

#47 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 21 July 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

And 1 (soon to be 2) relegations in 5 seasons.

The problem with not having quality strikers is that you don't put your chances away. This puts extra pressure on the midfield and defense and, as the injuries build up, as they surely will, the football becomes less entertaining and the fans more disgruntled.

Town fans will support the club but the coming season has rapidly lost it's sense of expectation. This is a huge gamble for Dave Allen and his decision rests on one belief; that these players are better than 2011 and will keep us up.

This post has been edited by frearsghost: 21 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

#48 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

View PostGoku, on 21 July 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

Sick of the fans getting the blame for the dogsh** predicted attendance.

And of course the only ones that have listen are those that support the club strongly anyway

Those that don't will just turn off
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#49 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

It's a clever statement, it doesn't say there is no money for recruitment just that it is less than what was anticipated previously.

Considering we never really knew what the level was means no one is any the wiser while reducing supporters expectation levels about marquee signings.

Players will come in but PC will have to lower his sights and find another gem in non-league - easy, or as the meerkat says - simples

#50 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

View Postbrianclose, on 21 July 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

How could anyone with any semblance of accounting sense get the attendance figure so horribly wrong?

We budgeted for a 5,000 break even figure for the first season at the ProAct. We managed just short of 7,000 with the feelgood factor of new ground, new optimism, a decent amount of local games the best strike force weve had in years, fast entertaining football and top almost from the word go.

Fast forward 2 years, weve had a shocking relegation season, unrest with the previous manager,the novelty factor of ground etc well and truly worn off, a new man who has come in who has slowly turned things around playing decent-ish football but with no real vim and vigour,a poorer league 2 composition geographically, and an underachieving 8th place finish.

Who in their right mind would budget for a 7,000 break even figure for the 2013-14 season given the above facts?

Now that I do agree with you on and makes me wonder if it was putting the blame on us fans without actually saying as much. Basically saying you didn't show up with enough paying customers for us to go forwards as a club, so you can't complain that we have to make cuts and bring no quality signings in (basically we're as much to blame as they are??).
#notapennymore

#51 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

View PostHSpireite, on 21 July 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

DAN GARDENER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you saw him at Lincoln, it might change your view!!

#52 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

How could anyone with any semblance of accounting sense get the attendance figure so horribly wrong?

We budgeted for a 5,000 break even figure for the first season at the ProAct. We managed just short of 7,000 with the feelgood factor of new ground, new optimism, a decent amount of local games the best strike force weve had in years, fast entertaining football and top almost from the word go.

Fast forward 2 years, weve had a shocking relegation season, unrest with the previous manager,the novelty factor of ground etc well and truly worn off, a new man who has come in who has slowly turned things around playing decent-ish football but with no real vim and vigour,a poorer league 2 composition geographically, and an underachieving 8th place finish.

Who in their right mind would budget for a 7,000 break even figure for the 2013-14 season given the above facts?

All probably true.
But, if the management hadn't got the budget last season so wrong, and worked on a budget of 6000, with equal Elton John type concert returns, would we have had players the calibre of Morsy, Ryan, Roberts, Evatt, plus even Banks and Gardner? IMO - probably not. Would we have won promotion? Probably not.

Football success at this level is almost entirely based on what the owner puts in (every so often there are exceptions eg Yeovil). On the whole, he rarely gets it back again. See Barry Hearn on the losses he suffered at a 'prudent' Leyton Orient

#53 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

View PostSpireite_UK, on 21 July 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

What were the grounds for budgeting 7k crowds last season?
Why only come out with all this now?

Something doesn't add up

The only reason we'll get 7k crowds this season is to win matches.....simple as!!

#54 User is offline   Torteval 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 21 July 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

How can you set a budget of 7000 for home games before a ball is kicked?

Madness.

Easy - don't listen to those who know!

#55 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostTorteval, on 21 July 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

Easy - don't listen to those who know!

I would think that's exactly how we got here!

#56 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Good lord, I wonder what what the masterminds in charge have budgeted for attendance wise now we have gone up!
7500 and we end up relegated with 5500
What about the finances at the end of next year?
JRID

#57 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

View PostBrookie, on 21 July 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

It's a clever statement, it doesn't say there is no money for recruitment just that it is less than what was anticipated previously.

Considering we never really knew what the level was means no one is any the wiser while reducing supporters expectation levels about marquee signings.

Players will come in but PC will have to lower his sights and find another gem in non-league - easy, or as the meerkat says - simples

If the club has its scouting system sorted, I would expect to see a couple of decent loan signings....for me it's the only way forward now.those players we had throughout our last season in league 1.... Moussaka, those other midfielders , Clarke etc.... Would be a good addition. I would expect to see a couple of loan signings in the next 2 or 3 weeks

#58 User is offline   rs1978 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

Why would they budget for crowds of 7,000?

Do they factor in that most League 2 sides bring very few fans with them? Also, we averaged better crowds last time we went up due to the ground being new and the football being exciting. Last season had it's moments in terms of exciting football, but generally it just wasn't as exciting as 2010/11. 7,000 for us in League 2 - even going up as champions - is a stretch and not a sensible figure for budgetary purposes in my opinion.

Similarly, a poor turnout for the concerts...if the line up is uninspiring for lots of people, what do you expect? Putting on concerts at such expense and then being disappointed by the attendance simply suggests no worthwhile market research was carried out in terms of what the public want - too late to moan about it now.

I'm not one to whinge in general but this is bonkers. Recognising that errors were made last time we went up and vowing not to repeat them...then looking as if we are all set to repeat them.

#59 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

View Postspireitenag, on 21 July 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

I take it that's the clown who's took us to a superb,new ground,two championships and two Wembley appearances then?

The end of the day the books need to be balanced don't they?

Get real!

same old bull**** they get it wrong we pay for it I don't want us bankrolling I just want us run properly

#60 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

that's a fair point - also you have to consider the historical fan base at CFC. Prior to moving grounds we were a club that averaged around 3500 - 4000 fans. We now get around 6000.

I think the size of the fan base is lost on those running the club - and they believe 6000 is the normal turnout for this club regardless of how things are on the pitch. If we did go down, there is no way the club would be selling anything like 3500 season tickets for a year in L2 - you would be back to gates of less than 5000.

The calls for fans to back the club are fair enough, but they don't seem to realise the levels of support currently at the club IS the fans backing the club!!!!!! Its unrealistic to expect 7000 fans as an average - 7000 would be a massive amount for the club, in L2, given the levels of away support.

A large dose of North Derbyshire reality is needed in the board room

A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users