Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Glassworks And Mr Carson - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Glassworks And Mr Carson

#21 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:40 AM

Honestly can't believe the reaction on here,.. Do you really expect any less from carson, no point getting wound up about it
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#22 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:42 PM

But what does a number prove? is it actuals or forecast? including on costs? allowing for projected bonuses? and if so is that based on finishing bottom 6 or top 6? and has was noted earlier, players only or players and coaches? all staff? including academy?

would they accept that as proof of funding from a potential buyer? if not dont treat supporters as any more ignorant because they seem to be better businessmen than he is?

it really is amateur hour
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#23 User is offline   Jack Lester's Cast 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:05 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 17 November 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

Why are Regency Shipping, a Berkshire company with no local connections seemingly, sponsoring the club?

I thought this too, mainly all southern based. I did however find someone from Matlock on the companies house list.

I very much doubt all the southern based shareholders would visit a non-league team on a cold Saturday against the worst in the division barring ourselves.

#24 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:53 PM

In my eyes this is nowt more than Carson showing off to mates.

'Yeah, look at me, their club's screwed on my watch but I'm still gonna go in their pub flashing figures'.

Now as I understand it 'The Glassworks' is owned by a Brampton Brewery run by Town fans, so they'd have been perfectly within their rights to refuse to serve Carson and his entourage (hey, can't help wondering if he paid with a CFC expenses card, too).

Just as it'd have been totally understandable if locals had told them to >ahem< 'Please be so kind as to leave our pub immediately'. Or words to that effect.

In either case I'm sure Carson would've played the wounded victim, but the fact he was tolerated shows how much more class than him those present possess...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#25 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:13 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 18 November 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

...the fact he was tolerated shows how much more class than him those present possess...<br />

It may also be indicative of just how people have been worn down to the point of no longer being bothered enough to give him some stick.
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#26 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:52 PM

View PostNOFX, on 18 November 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

That really is poor PR

I know I'm a minority of one, as usual, but I fail to see why on earth everybody gets steamed up when the Club Secretary, or whatever his title is this week, goes into the Local and chats to fans, in the process showing them the bottom line of the budget.
I'd be happier if he did it every week, but it's obvious why he doesn't in view of the reception he gets.
If he'd bought a round you'd probably have lynched him, such is the warped perspective of many on here. As it was, it seems most fans present were glad of the opportunity of a chat and behaved like the reasonable people they are.

#27 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:01 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 18 November 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

But what does a number prove? is it actuals or forecast? including on costs? allowing for projected bonuses? and if so is that based on finishing bottom 6 or top 6? and has was noted earlier, players only or players and coaches? all staff? including academy?

would they accept that as proof of funding from a potential buyer? if not dont treat supporters as any more ignorant because they seem to be better businessmen than he is?

it really is amateur hour

Questions which all present had the opportunity to ask. So what's the problem?

#28 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:56 AM

View Posth again, on 19 November 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

Questions which all present had the opportunity to ask. So what's the problem?

Erm, because I wouldnt trust the answer he gave me, it was as usual a "look at me, I am important" moment, and it is very very bad practice to be waving confidential files around... what if someone had grabbed his phone and scrolled further? Breach of confidentiality and trust, breach of data privacy, its just not the way to do business...

Would you do business like that? do you do business? Its showmanship and I would rather our leaders concentrated on fixing the mess than showboating in front of fans... that would be the mess THEY have presided over, the bit you seem very quick to overlook and forgive....

If he wants to showboat, I'll sit down with him for 30 mins the next Saturday I am in town, not much to do these days anyway, and ask him some questions and see his reaction to them and the answers he gives. Do you think he would do that? .....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#29 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:35 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 21 November 2019 - 09:56 AM, said:

Erm, because I wouldnt trust the answer he gave me, it was as usual a "look at me, I am important" moment, and it is very very bad practice to be waving confidential files around... what if someone had grabbed his phone and scrolled further? Breach of confidentiality and trust, breach of data privacy, its just not the way to do business...

Would you do business like that? do you do business? Its showmanship and I would rather our leaders concentrated on fixing the mess than showboating in front of fans... that would be the mess THEY have presided over, the bit you seem very quick to overlook and forgive....

If he wants to showboat, I'll sit down with him for 30 mins the next Saturday I am in town, not much to do these days anyway, and ask him some questions and see his reaction to them and the answers he gives. Do you think he would do that? .....

Excellent post. Don't expect a response.

#30 User is offline   HoneyTrippa 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:41 PM

[quote name='Mr Mercury' timestamp='1574033359' post='1494838']<br />How many season ticket holders don't attend games?
Attendance announcement on Saturday during the game against Chorley was 3,550 then miraculously it rose to, and was published as 4,090 ... so maybe there's your answer.
There aint no Soul left in these old shoes... since you've been gone

#31 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:05 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 21 November 2019 - 09:56 AM, said:

What pathetic floundering. He gave the people there as much information as he could and answered questions put to him. As you weren't there you've absolutely no knowledge of his attitude, whether it was a 'look at me moment' or not, though I imagine you're the world's leading authority on such attitudes.
If you want to ask him questions, get in touch with him and try. Don't waste your time on here bleating about how he might not want to meet you and you don't believe him anyway, that's just pathetic.

#32 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:26 PM

View Posth again, on 21 November 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

What pathetic floundering. He gave the people there as much information as he could and answered questions put to him. As you weren't there you've absolutely no knowledge of his attitude, whether it was a 'look at me moment' or not, though I imagine you're the world's leading authority on such attitudes.
If you want to ask him questions, get in touch with him and try. Don't waste your time on here bleating about how he might not want to meet you and you don't believe him anyway, that's just pathetic.

Do you go out of your way to be patronising, or is it all just your little game? Either way chap you are in a league of your own.
So sad really.

#33 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:39 PM

He's just a lying arrogant sanctimonious ignorant barsteward and should be treated as such
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#34 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:47 PM

View Posth again, on 21 November 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

Did you get in touch with AC to ask pertinent questions when your cause was finding out where the money had gone? It would have been the logical starting point!
East stand second class citizen.

#35 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:36 PM

Why oh why didn't Carson just go to the 'Tup instead...

#36 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:01 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 17 November 2019 - 11:29 PM, said:

<br />How many season ticket holders don't attend games?
Attendance announcement on Saturday during the game against Chorley was 3,550 then miraculously it rose to, and was published as 4,090 ... so maybe there's your answer.

The phantom 500 😂

#37 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:12 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 21 November 2019 - 09:36 PM, said:

He knew mick would be in there, ready to pounce with “where’s the money gone, no ones asked you but I will”.

Faced with that you can’t blame Ashley for going elsewhere

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 21 November 2019 - 09:36 PM, said:

He knew mick would be in there, ready to pounce with “where’s the money gone, no ones asked you but I will”.

Faced with that you can’t blame Ashley for going elsewhere
A new hope.

#38 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:59 AM

Well I've a theory.

Xmas is coming so perhaps Carson and the 'h again' troll are vying for the Proact pantomime villain position.

My money's on Carson 'cos at least he performs in public...

#39 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:29 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 22 November 2019 - 07:59 AM, said:

Well I've a theory.

Xmas is coming so perhaps Carson and the 'h again' troll are vying for the Proact pantomime villain position.

My money's on Carson 'cos at least he performs in public...

Captain Hook and Widdowtwannkee!!!!!

This post has been edited by Blue roan lily: 22 November 2019 - 12:30 PM

#40 User is offline   Oh Wade Falana 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:19 PM

Sounds like it was a good job I was away last weekend!
Gut Busters on Tour

Real Ale Madrid

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users