Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Urine Off Sheriden - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urine Off Sheriden

#41 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:07 AM

Yeh, like I suggested yesterday, get the takeover done and get Evo in.

#42 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:11 AM

I didn’t go but the starting XI looked appalling. How the hell did he think that was his best team. I’d be happy for him to go based on this alone. Terrible judgement.

#43 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:57 AM

View PostGoku, on 17 November 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

I didn’t go but the starting XI looked appalling. How the hell did he think that was his best team. I’d be happy for him to go based on this alone. Terrible judgement.

agree, fair enough saying you can't legislate for individual errors that led to 3 sloppy goald from our point of view but pick the right team in the first place and we may retain the ball a bit longer limiting their chances to create, right hand side 1st half yesterday was a dire combo and due to being all over the place we must have given away at least 4 free kicks in our own half on that side one of which resulted in a goal, 2 weeks to prepare for that - "diabolical" yes you're right sheridan

#44 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:18 AM

The situations that led to individual errors are caused by the team he picks and the positions he plays them in. So whole you can't 'legislate' for them he is directly responsible for creating the environment they occurred within.

#45 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:39 AM

I don't have to be qualified to speak out about Sheridan due to not seeing any of his games in his second spell here, though I've seen enough in his second season with us to tell me he didn't have a clue when the chips where down. I'll always be grateful for the championship winning season (boy what a season!), though in truth it was heavily backed, though in fairness this still had to be won. At the end of the day Sheridan is a damn awful manager and his team selections prove this (and this is me talking from his second season). His man-management skills are shocking and top this off with his dour demeanour there is no wonder he's really failing. Having said that, in his only defence he has the two Chesterfield FC murderers to take most of the blame away from him, because if we stop mucking about here and cut to the real reason why CFC is a failure, it's not really Sheridan as it wasn't MA or any of the other managers prior. Nothing will change for the better whilst they're here, it will only get worse. Not even the return of Cookie would save us now.
#notapennymore

#46 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:03 AM

Noexcuses

#47 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:06 AM

No excuses get rid of the clown he's tinkered with the team so many times getting beat by another part time outfit with one win to there name go sheriden take ure clowns with you like a scout unemployed for six years and is chief scout yet is at most games so much for scouting there having it right off

#48 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:11 AM

No excuses get rid of the clown he's tinkered with the team so many times getting beat by another part time outfit with one win to there name go sheriden take ure clowns with you like a scout unemployed for six years and is chief scout yet is at most games so much for scouting there having it right off

#49 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:45 AM

Sheridan's incompetence will only encourage DA to be more inclined to sell up as he will not be willing to pay him off, so let's hope we keep losing.
As for for play offs, the players are having a laugh, we will be lucky to avoid relegation. Sheridan has made huge mistakes like keeping on Weir making poor decisions on formations , not signing a right back, not signing a strong midfielder to name a few. Our only hope is a new owner who will clear everyone out and start afresh. Other than that I'm quite optimistic.

#50 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:51 AM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 17 November 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

<br />I don't have to be qualified to speak out about Sheridan due to not seeing any of his games in his second spell here, though I've seen enough in his second season with us to tell me he didn't have a clue when the chips where down. I'll always be grateful for the championship winning season (boy what a season!), though in truth it was heavily backed, though in fairness this still had to be won. At the end of the day Sheridan is a damn awful manager and his team selections prove this (and this is me talking from his second season). His man-management skills are shocking and top this off with his dour demeanour there is no wonder he's really failing. Having said that, in his only defence he has the two Chesterfield FC murderers to take most of the blame away from him, because if we stop mucking about here and cut to the real reason why CFC is a failure, it's not really Sheridan as it wasn't MA or any of the other managers prior. Nothing will change for the better whilst they're here, it will only get worse. Not even the return of Cookie would save us now.<br />
&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />New owners same old s**t unless it's new owners who would be willing to invest in order to get us back into the football league. Otherwise there would be a very short Honeymoon period before folks would be disillusioned once again.

This post has been edited by Rodney's Moustache: 17 November 2019 - 11:53 AM

#51 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:04 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 16 November 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

Denton was ok.The overweight ref was a joke. I saw Dentons shirt being almost pulled off his back 3x and nothing was given.

Denton should consider wearing "crop tops"
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#52 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

Loosen the stitching so the shirts rip easy. Make it more obvious so the ref can't ignore it.

#53 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:57 PM

I felt sorry for Weir yesterday. Sheridan should never have re-signed him but he really stitched him up yesterday

The bloke never had an option. Presumably Smith was meant to show for but he was hardly ever an option and the only option was take his man on (yeah that’ll work with his pace) or pump the ball down the channel for Denton (yeah that’ll work with his pace)

His son was slightly luckier because he had Boden working hard with little success.

Where was Smith, Buchanan and Weston in the first half. Shameful team selection and why did it take him 55 minutes to do something about it
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#54 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:13 PM

View Postazul, on 17 November 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

I felt sorry for Weir yesterday. Sheridan should never have re-signed him but he really stitched him up yesterday

The bloke never had an option. Presumably Smith was meant to show for but he was hardly ever an option and the only option was take his man on (yeah that’ll work with his pace) or pump the ball down the channel for Denton (yeah that’ll work with his pace)

His son was slightly luckier because he had Boden working hard with little success.

Where was Smith, Buchanan and Weston in the first half. Shameful team selection and why did it take him 55 minutes to do something about it

because azul mate hes a crap manager

#55 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2019 - 05:29 PM

View Postdtp, on 16 November 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

Unfortunately, Dave, we'll have to agree to differ. I thought the guy who scored their second goal had Denton in his pocket, totally out-muscled him, and won far more headers than him apart from looking the pinnacle of mobility compared to Denton's statuesque performance.

I did say 'the majority of times' but I was calling for him to be subbed very early on. After the Ebbsfleet performance I could not understand the 2 changes ass our display was pretty good. Now whether Shez went to Mansfield and saw sommat that warranted those changes who knows. Turned out to be a poor decision.

God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users