Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Urine Off Sheriden - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urine Off Sheriden

#21 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:06 PM

View Posth again, on 16 November 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

If Rowley's a defensive player we're really sunk. As for Shez's lad, he was our best defender until Gaz came on, which says all we need to know about our shambles of a defence.

He didn’t used to be a defensive player, but he only ever looks backwards now. He used to be brilliant at picking the ball up and running through teams, them days are long gone. Who’s Gaz?

#22 User is online   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:22 PM

I honestly couldn't pick a 'best performer' on today.
They were all a flat line of consistent $h1t.

One, if not, the worse performances I've ever witnessed - and that's including the Saunders, Caldwell and Allen reigns.

Denton looked unfit, could/didn't jump for many balls or win many
Boden looked like he was in reverse when running
Smith out muscled and was second best for everything
Weston, bar the goal, anonymous
Rowley forgettable
Buchanan.....Jesus
Sheridan Jnr a few good crosses otherwise non effective
Weir....*shake my head
Hollis - was he there or a hologram?
Evans W T actual F
Jahal - time for Codders

Can't wait to hear Sheridan's thoughts on that one.
Absolutely pitiful. Absolutely shameful. Absolutely unacceptable.

#23 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:26 PM

View Postdanblue, on 16 November 2019 - 07:22 PM, said:

I honestly couldn't pick a 'best performer' on today.
They were all a flat line of consistent $h1t.

One, if not, the worse performances I've ever witnessed - and that's including the Saunders, Caldwell and Allen reigns.

Denton looked unfit, could/didn't jump for many balls or win many
Boden looked like he was in reverse when running
Smith out muscled and was second best for everything
Weston, bar the goal, anonymous
Rowley forgettable
Buchanan.....Jesus
Sheridan Jnr a few good crosses otherwise non effective
Weir....*shake my head
Hollis - was he there or a hologram?
Evans W T actual F
Jahal - time for Codders

Can't wait to hear Sheridan's thoughts on that one.
Absolutely pitiful. Absolutely shameful. Absolutely unacceptable.

Were you at the same game as me?

Because you've been far too generous in your assessment..
East stand second class citizen.

#24 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:40 PM

View Postdtp, on 16 November 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

Don't agree that Rowley is a defensive player but I don't understand why he was started on the left of midfield. Neither do I understand why the LB Buchanan was started in central midfield. Smith on the right of midfield offered absolutely nothing (not that anybody else did) but the regularly berated Weir never had a player in front of him to pass to.

Then, neither do I understand why Shez didn't change anything at all during the totally inept first half. Even with the same players he could have moved Buchanan into his natural position of LB, put young Sheriden further forward on the left, moved Smith into a more central role and brought Rowley over onto the right side where he has been performing quite well in recent games. Instead, Shez made us suffer for a full hour before ringing making any changes. No part of the team was functioning at all well but he did nothing about it????

There should definitely not be any thoughts as to who was MoM but I would probably offer Denton up as worse performer of the day, he hardly won a header, when he did he didn't find a team mate, he was even more static than normal and that takes some doing, and even at his size he was bullied out of everything.

Denton won the majority of headers but the problem was Boden and him playing 20 yards apart.

Add the midfield sat on top of the defensive and that's why Denton was in effective.

We saw fast interactive on the floor football at Ebbsfleet - anyone any idea why Shez changed it.
God I hate this league.

#25 User is online   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:40 PM

Yep, I was there - I'm not one for blowing my top anymore, but I did lose my rag a couple of tomes today.
Trying not to be OTT with my assessment, but in all honesty, it should be more scathing. I've diluted it as so nobody reading it thinks I'm just urineed off and rambling nonsense.

But thinking about it, I can't put into words how bad that was without having an embolism, so best leave the diluted version.

#26 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:06 PM

Not sure why Dentons getting so much stick.

I thought he won the majority of the hopeful balls up to him but there was very little support moving from midfield.

#27 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:11 PM

Denton was ok.The overweight ref was a joke. I saw Dentons shirt being almost pulled off his back 3x and nothing was given.

#28 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:41 PM

View PostDIFH, on 16 November 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

Denton won the majority of headers but the problem was Boden and him playing 20 yards apart.

Unfortunately, Dave, we'll have to agree to differ. I thought the guy who scored their second goal had Denton in his pocket, totally out-muscled him, and won far more headers than him apart from looking the pinnacle of mobility compared to Denton's statuesque performance.

This post has been edited by dtp: 16 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

#29 User is offline   Johnny Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:53 PM

Denton’s not a footballer and neither is Smith. Weston used to be a busy Championship player now he’s just a busy non-leaguer. Rowley has the potential to be a player but playing in this team with no quality to guide him will kill him off.
Sheridan was a quality player, but his selection and set-up as a Manager are light years away from the standards he used to deliver as a player. I suspect he despairs at what he’s got to work with and sadly that makes him the wrong Manager for us at this time. (He had Allott and Whittaker to work with in his midfield last time who both could play.)

#30 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:58 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 16 November 2019 - 08:11 PM, said:

Denton was ok.The overweight ref was a joke. I saw Dentons shirt being almost pulled off his back 3x and nothing was given.

But, that doesn't excuse his performance, does it?

It's a bit like saying that the linesman failed to flag when the ball went out for a throw-in just before Boden was adjudged to have committed a foul which was ultimately taken from totally the wrong place for their CB (the one who outplayed Denton) to score with a free header - what went on before doesn't excuse what happened after, does it?

#31 User is offline   HoneyTrippa 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:16 PM

Thought Sheridan (Manager) could be our saviour this season and I have tried to stick up for him ...but on todays performance …...He has got to go. No drive, no connection with the players, no coaching from the touchline, no idea. Chorley are the Leagues worst performers with 1 win in 20 games, lowest goals scored and highest goals conceded in the division yet they come to the Proact and score 3. No excuse time to go.
There aint no Soul left in these old shoes... since you've been gone

#32 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:38 PM

View PostJohnny Spireite, on 16 November 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

Denton’s not a footballer and neither is Smith. Weston used to be a busy Championship player now he’s just a busy non-leaguer. Rowley has the potential to be a player but playing in this team with no quality to guide him will kill him off.
Sheridan was a quality player, but his selection and set-up as a Manager are light years away from the standards he used to deliver as a player. I suspect he despairs at what he’s got to work with and sadly that makes him the wrong Manager for us at this time. (He had Allott and Whittaker to work with in his midfield last time who both could play.)

Rowley sadly looks unlikely to develop now - he's become a waste of space.

#33 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:47 PM

View Postdtp, on 16 November 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

But, that doesn't excuse his performance, does it?

It's a bit like saying that the linesman failed to flag when the ball went out for a throw-in just before Boden was adjudged to have committed a foul which was ultimately taken from totally the wrong place for their CB (the one who outplayed Denton) to score with a free header - what went on before doesn't excuse what happened after, does it?

I didn't really understand the post. Denton is a limited player but I thought he played ok so far as receiving and laying off the ball is concerned. I didnt think he was in the defenders pocket and numerous fouls on him went unpunished. The crossing into the box for the strikers was generally dire.

#34 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:24 PM

Agree Spire-Power.

To identify Denton as the problem today seems ludicrous.

#35 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:21 PM

When Denton went off we obviously played differently. On the pitch it's all about playing a sh**ty long ball straight up to him. When he goes off we play it on the floor out to the wings then get crosses in onto the edge of the six yard box which is bread and butter for Denton. It's so f***ING frustrating watching this happen!!!
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#36 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:22 PM

Sheridan came here on very good terms according to Mr Failure.

The club probably can’t afford to sack Sheridan unless we have a secret stash that can pay off the next two years of his contract. Paying the wages of two manages is not sustainable for this club.

There is talk that we should go for Ian Evatt, I like him and wouldn’t wish the misery on him. He’s too good for us, he applied, he was turned down. He needs to stay where he is for now, he will be employed in the future by a far better club than ours.. The only manager we will attract is someone who is desperate to get back into football.

#37 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:43 PM

View PostQuaker, on 16 November 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

The club probably can’t afford to sack Sheridan unless we have a secret stash that can pay off the next two years of his contract. Paying the wages of two manages is not sustainable for this club.

There is talk that we should go for Ian Evatt, I like him and wouldn’t wish the misery on him. He’s too good for us, he applied, he was turned down. He needs to stay where he is for now, he will be employed in the future by a far better club than ours.. The only manager we will attract is someone who is desperate to get back into football.

evatt would be barking to come here, he is top of the league with barrow, this league is topsy turvy but I will boldly predict that evatt will end this season either in the top 7 and a chance at getting into the football league with barrow or in the football league with a lg 2 club willing to give him a go. we had him, we let him go. I wonder if at any point dave allen sat and had a conversation with ian evatt, I guess not, instead I would guess he clutched at straws and went for Sheridan, offered him personally a sum he couldn't refuse and went from there and then went back to his pigeons. Sheridan admits he does not get this league, if I was appointing a new manager one of my questions would be "what do you know about this level of football?" dave allen asked "how are you enjoying that drive to Carlisle everyday?"

#38 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:53 AM

press report:
Notts is arguably the biggest fixture on every club's list in the National League this season given their terrific stadium, but Evatt says it is no greater than any other on Barrow's itinerary.

“Every game is the same for me, really, other than ones that hold a personal connection, like Chesterfield, which is a personal fixture for me, but other than that, I treat them all the same," he said.

Maybe we have an emotional pull?

#39 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:55 AM

View PostQuaker, on 16 November 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

I think 'Mr Failure' has always gone on 'gut instinct' when appointing managers.

First time 'round those guts dubbed Sheridan 'a winner' and were proven right. Well, until they granted a four year extension, anyway.

The guts then coughed-up Cook following his Accrington team's impressive performance at the Proact. The guts got it right again...but not right enough to prevent them pulling the plug as forewarned by Phil Tooley's 'Good As It Gets' post.

Chris Wilder pretty much told the guts 'Come and get me' at that point (yeah, whatever happened to him...). Yet it seems they weren't connected to Mr F's ear 'oles as he instead gave Crawley compensation to recruit the thrice relegated Saunders. And on the back of a couple of hours Welsh waffle, too.

The gambling oligarch's guts had one of their better days when hiring Danny Wilson, next. Only for them to churn in a 'hokey-cokey' manner when it came to backing him, though.

Did those guts play any part in clueless Caldwell's arrival? The 'chocolate fireguard' stuff trotted out when the guts thought 'Mad Dog' was the way to go suggests not; but then hey - the whole presser had those listening clenching their own guts in disbelief.

All of which brings us to now, a time when the owner's insides told him to re-hire the bloke he sacked seven years ago. Even if last summer saw another player sale and more mixed messages in terms of money. Leaving the supremo's stomach to make another decision: stick or twist. Stay or go. Do a deal and leave it to someone else's abdomen or muddle along hoping things don't go even more belly-up.

Pass the Alka-Seltzer...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 17 November 2019 - 08:57 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#40 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:05 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 17 November 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

press report:
Notts is arguably the biggest fixture on every club's list in the National League this season given their terrific stadium, but Evatt says it is no greater than any other on Barrow's itinerary.

“Every game is the same for me, really, other than ones that hold a personal connection, like Chesterfield, which is a personal fixture for me, but other than that, I treat them all the same," he said.

Maybe we have an emotional pull?

He wouldn’t deny that. Sheridan may not be doing a good job but priority number 1,2,3 etc is to get the club into new hands. Nothing good can happen until then.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users