• You cannot reply to this topic

Chorley Game

#41 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:59 PM

Awful result against a very poor side.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#42 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:20 PM

Weir, Rowley and smith. Wow, wow, wow.

#43 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:26 PM

3 subs had a positive impact, Evans big mistake very costly. Their keeper made 2 top notch saves but this doesn’t disguise a very poor performance If thats the best Sheridan can put out against a poor Chorley team then it’s time for him to go and put his foot on his pedal as he drives away.
Have passport will travel

#44 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:29 PM

It appears the real attendance 3,500 odd was accidentally read out today

#45 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:44 PM

View Postmoondog, on 16 November 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

Cue a redundancy Monday morning!
East stand second class citizen.

#46 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:47 PM

View Postmoondog, on 16 November 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

Don't let the "facts" get in the way of a good thread...

#47 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:50 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 16 November 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

3 subs had a positive impact, Evans big mistake very costly. Their keeper made 2 top notch saves but this doesn’t disguise a very poor performance If thats the best Sheridan can put out against a poor Chorley team then it’s time for him to go and put his foot on his pedal as he drives away.

Buchananon is an awful player who should never have been signed. Too slow and not big enough. Rowley was awful first half. Weir. Dreadful. Mcglashan a waste of money. Loan signings should surely be in the first team.
Sheridan should be sacked for putting that awful team out first half. That first half was as bad as anything under Allen.

#48 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:52 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 16 November 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

Weir, Rowley and smith. Wow, wow, wow.

There were plenty worse than Weir today but you can’t expect to win games if your wing backs are Smith and Rowley as they couldn’t beat an egg. The defence was awful today. The team lacks any kind of pace throughout. We tried to work out who our fastest player was today and we couldn’t. In the end I think we plumped for Weston. Sad inditement if so

#49 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:55 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 16 November 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

There were plenty worse than Weir today but you can’t expect to win games if your wing backs are Smith and Rowley as they couldn’t beat an egg. The defence was awful today. The team lacks any kind of pace throughout. We tried to work out who our fastest player was today and we couldn’t. In the end I think we plumped for Weston. Sad inditement if so

Can't mean Town- who said they were going to invest in a "pacy squad" this season!?

What goes on in the coaching sessions?!

#50 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:56 PM

When's the next AGM guys?

This season is petering out into one of the biggest disappointments in my time supporting town. Over the summer, the lack of decent signings, future planning have turned a side which had momentum from last season to be easily top 3 all season, into a carbon copy mirror image of that garbage outfit Martin Allen presided over in his 3 short months last year.

The only hope is a sale and change of ownership, departure of the management team and his dreadful squad, and hopefully amass enough points to retain our league position for someone like an Evatt to come in, shake the place up, bring in the players needed to get this club back into the Football League.

We will never return to the Football League with Dave Allen in charge IMO, the man has the inverse midas touch, everything he touches goes wrong/bad.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#51 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:15 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 16 November 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

This season is petering out into one of the biggest disappointments in my time supporting town. Over the summer, the lack of decent signings, future planning have turned a side which had momentum from last season to be easily top 3 all season, into a carbon copy mirror image of that garbage outfit Martin Allen presided over in his 3 short months last year.

The only hope is a sale and change of ownership, departure of the management team and his dreadful squad, and hopefully amass enough points to retain our league position for someone like an Evatt to come in, shake the place up, bring in the players needed to get this club back into the Football League.

We will never return to the Football League with Dave Allen in charge IMO, the man has the inverse midas touch, everything he touches goes wrong/bad.

And to think uncle Dave “ doesn’t do failure “. Well dave take a good look in the mirror because you’ve failed..

#52 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:17 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 16 November 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

As soon as the on-field results improve!

I expect the accounts will be sent to shareholders in the next four weeks and the AGM will be early to mid January. My guess is that shareholders should be prepared for a bigger shock than usual!

#53 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:17 PM

We start with a right footer on left wing(Rowley) a left back in buchannan playing in front of the back 4, a left back who is better suited to left wing(Sheridan) weir at rb, smith some where nr the right but never actually on it, we have no width at all down the right no one running into that space which means weir trying to cover the entire right on his own, and yet for the 1st 15 mins looked comfortable, then they score, we go to bits and concede again, we lose even more composure and any hope we had, ht can't come soon enough, surely Sheridan has to sort the right side out, no, same set up 2nd half, no change there then, then 3 subs, things look better Rowley back to rhs, Sheridan pushed further up, we look to have width, some good balls go into the box, then weston shames 1 home, hope again,.. But not for long, another mix up leads to Evans chasing down and giving a pen away and the rest is history, we huff and puff, get another but we never looked like getting level after that,??
Why all the square pegs again, ffs shez, stick buchannan at right back he's played most his phuckin career there, push young shez left wing the kid can put a decent ball in, weir for me did OK at rb despite never getting any help or having an outlet to pass to, give him a rw to play with,..
The blame for me is not with the players today, is fully on Sheridans shoulders, appalling team set up, and tactics we are a bottom half team just capable of staying up,...
Ps my 1st game since Sept 1st, and my last for some time on that performance,..
pps I sincerely apologise to anyone and any child I may have offended when swearing in the East stand, I am very sorry. 🤬🤬
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#54 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:18 PM

Shooting ourselves in the foot today is an understatement

After a first half of nothing really from us the three subs after an hour made a difference and after a great strike from Weston and a little bit more pressure when their keeper was actually called into action cue Nelson to make a rick when trying to head the ball back to Jalal and they had the momentum again and we had the little bit of wind knocked out of our sails

It amazes me why Manderville is not a starter in most matches because he is the only player imo who wants the ball trys to find space to receive a pass and tries to pick out a pass to a team mate

He sometimes fails with the final ball but at least he works to create the space in the first place and we look more threatening going forward when he is on the pitch

As soon as the players start saying in the press we can still make the playoffs etc a result like today shows how far we still have to go to get anywhere near that position

Just keep your mouth shut and try and let the results do the talking

#55 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:20 PM

Buchannan at left back sorry
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#56 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:21 PM

View Postmonte, on 16 November 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

It's a real shame but I don't think Buchanan should play. Have we won with him at left back?

Let's be clear - Buchanan wasn't playing at left back but in central midfield and was terrible.

And, for what it's worth, Weir was playing right back and Smith never showed to help him out either defensively or to receive a pass.

#57 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:24 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 16 November 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

On your bike Sheridan

In fairness, I might blame him for the team selection, tactics, and failure to change them for 60 minutes but nobody can blame anybody else other than Evans for the awful blunder in gifting them that penalty when we had clawed our way back into the game and were on top.

#58 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:28 PM

View Postdtp, on 16 November 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

In fairness, I might blame him for the team selection, tactics, and failure to change them for 60 minutes but nobody can blame anybody else other than Evans for the awful blunder in gifting them that penalty when we had clawed our way back into the game and were on top.

What about maguire’s awful blunder that led to Evans awful blunder? I genuinely can’t believe how bad we are.

#59 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:33 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 16 November 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

What about maguire’s awful blunder that led to Evans awful blunder? I genuinely can’t believe how bad we are.

The only plus point about today is it gives DA more reason to sell sell sell PLEASE.

#60 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:02 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 16 November 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

We start with a right footer on left wing(Rowley) a left back in buchannan playing in front of the back 4, a left back who is better suited to left wing(Sheridan) weir at rb, smith some where nr the right but never actually on it, we have no width at all down the right no one running into that space which means weir trying to cover the entire right on his own, and yet for the 1st 15 mins looked comfortable, then they score, we go to bits and concede again, we lose even more composure and any hope we had, ht can't come soon enough, surely Sheridan has to sort the right side out, no, same set up 2nd half, no change there then, then 3 subs, things look better Rowley back to rhs, Sheridan pushed further up, we look to have width, some good balls go into the box, then weston shames 1 home, hope again,.. But not for long, another mix up leads to Evans chasing down and giving a pen away and the rest is history, we huff and puff, get another but we never looked like getting level after that,??
Why all the square pegs again, ffs shez, stick buchannan at right back he's played most his phuckin career there, push young shez left wing the kid can put a decent ball in, weir for me did OK at rb despite never getting any help or having an outlet to pass to, give him a rw to play with,..
The blame for me is not with the players today, is fully on Sheridans shoulders, appalling team set up, and tactics we are a bottom half team just capable of staying up,...
Ps my 1st game since Sept 1st, and my last for some time on that performance,..
pps I sincerely apologise to anyone and any child I may have offended when swearing in the East stand, I am very sorry. 🤬🤬

I agree with much of that except Buchanan has played left back, not right back, all his career.

Much of the blame lies with Shez's team selection and failure to change anything at all in the first hour. He cannot be blamed for the likes of Evans's mistake to gift them the match winning penalty. And, neither can he be blamed for the players not turning up and not giving 100% which, I thought, is supposed to be the least we can expect.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users