• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Raheem Sterling penalty decision tonight

#621 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:03 PM

KevinHasLeftTheBuilding, on 14 November 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

What's racism got to do with anything? Sterling assaulted a team mate. Besides the obvious illegality of it, Southgate has laboured to remove the kind of club infighting in the squad that has existed in the past.

And why does Gomes have to be punished for being held by the throat?

He got dropped. Barely punishment at all. To suggest that he's the victim of a racist plot by the FA is beyond ridiculous.

At the time I posted, the only information out there was "an internal incident" - no mention of assault had been made, so well done if you think you were bringing me up to speed. Thing is, after a while, you can't edit your posts on here and work got in the way of updating it.

I mentioned Raheem in being a spokesman against racism, something I heard first-hand from an FA employee that certain people in the corridors of power don't like. Those certain people believe the FA should be the ones making statements, not the players.

My suggestion was that the FA might have dropped the hammer on Raheem, or influenced Southgate in taking this course of action.

What I find strange is that a small altercation in a controlled, private environment caused the FA to jump in and feel the need to make a statement.
Roy Keane recently told a story of when he had a bad game for Forest and afterwards, Cloughie punched him. He didn't go to the papers and neither did the club. Cloughie didn't get fined or serve a touchline ban, and yet a punch will cause more damage than trying to grab someone's throat for a few seconds. See the difference between people controlling an internal issue?

As for Gomez' not being punished, do you think he was just standing/sitting there and was the victim of an unprovoked attack? Do me a favour...

I have not suggested Raheem is the victim of a racist plot. I can't tell if you saw the word racism in my post and became blinded by rage or if you just can't read properly. What's beyond ridiculous is that you think, I think that.

#622 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:30 PM

Slightly surprising reaction to Gomez coming on tonight. Other than due to being bored and for pantomime effect I'm not sure the boos were warranted. City fans?

#623 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:01 AM

Westbars Spireite, on 14 November 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

Slightly surprising reaction to Gomez coming on tonight. Other than due to being bored and for pantomime effect I'm not sure the boos were warranted. City fans?

It was moronic

#624 User is offline   ArcticSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:34 AM

Westbars Spireite, on 14 November 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

Absolutely pathetic. Exactly why I couldn't care less about international football. England fans are an embarrassment.
Happiness is like a cake. Have too much; and you get sick of it.

#625 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:28 PM

Stockholm Spireite, on 14 November 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

At the time I posted, the only information out there was "an internal incident" - no mention of assault had been made, so well done if you think you were bringing me up to speed. Thing is, after a while, you can't edit your posts on here and work got in the way of updating it.

I mentioned Raheem in being a spokesman against racism, something I heard first-hand from an FA employee that certain people in the corridors of power don't like. Those certain people believe the FA should be the ones making statements, not the players.

My suggestion was that the FA might have dropped the hammer on Raheem, or influenced Southgate in taking this course of action.

What I find strange is that a small altercation in a controlled, private environment caused the FA to jump in and feel the need to make a statement.
Roy Keane recently told a story of when he had a bad game for Forest and afterwards, Cloughie punched him. He didn't go to the papers and neither did the club. Cloughie didn't get fined or serve a touchline ban, and yet a punch will cause more damage than trying to grab someone's throat for a few seconds. See the difference between people controlling an internal issue?

As for Gomez' not being punished, do you think he was just standing/sitting there and was the victim of an unprovoked attack? Do me a favour...

I have not suggested Raheem is the victim of a racist plot. I can't tell if you saw the word racism in my post and became blinded by rage or if you just can't read properly. What's beyond ridiculous is that you think, I think that.

My reading is perfectly fine, thanks. For purposes of cIarification, I saw the word racism in your post... and laughed. A lot.

ps. Clough and his(admittedly often hilarious) drunken antics would mean in todays world he wouldn't get a look in at Premier level. And he'd probably slap the taste out of Raheems mouth (and the rest of the Premier prima donnas) on a weekly basis.

This post has been edited by KevinHasLeftTheBuilding: 15 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

#626 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:26 PM

Respect: https://www.msn.com/...omez/ar-BBWNFoz
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#627 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Anything that makes me smile.

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:03 PM

How can anyone have any respect for modern day footballers.

32 pages of Raheem Sterling shows how pitiful the game has become. Engerland fans booing Liverpool players is nothing new but, the idea of Sterling assaulting anything other then my intelligence. Good grief. He has a scratch on his eye....

At least Cleveland Browns' Miles Garrett tried to properly decapitate an opponent last night and will suffer pretty heavy consequences as a result of his actions.

Even if in my opinion he was provoked.

That is how players should be controlled. A rule of law.

#628 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:03 PM

KevinHasLeftTheBuilding, on 15 November 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

My reading is perfectly fine, thanks. For purposes of cIarification, I saw the word racism in your post... and laughed. A lot.

ps. Clough and his(admittedly often hilarious) drunken antics would mean in todays world he wouldn't get a look in at Premier level. And he'd probably slap the taste out of Raheems mouth (and the rest of the Premier prima donnas) on a weekly basis.

If you can read just fine, can you explain the leap you take from me saying "Raheem speaks out about racism" to your suggestion of Raheem being the victim of a racist plot?

#629 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 02:14 PM

Stockholm Spireite, on 16 November 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

If you can read just fine, can you explain the leap you take from me saying "Raheem speaks out about racism" to your suggestion of Raheem being the victim of a racist plot?

No problem. Here's what you wrote.

"Is this the FA "flexing" against Raheem, now he's been highlighted (albeit reluctantly) as a spokesman against racism in the game?"

I would politely suggest that any misunderstanding is down to your writing skills, as opposed to my reading ability.

#630 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:29 PM

KevinHasLeftTheBuilding, on 16 November 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

No problem. Here's what you wrote.

"Is this the FA "flexing" against Raheem, now he's been highlighted (albeit reluctantly) as a spokesman against racism in the game?"

I would politely suggest that any misunderstanding is down to your writing skills, as opposed to my reading ability.

Nice try, but you've not explained how you got Raheem is the victim of a racist plot.

The fact he was dropped was not a racist issue. I said he speaks about racism. You said it's beyond ridiculous if I am suggesting he's the victim of a racist plot.

I'm trying to understand how you got to that conclysion and you've still not been able to connect the dots.

#631 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:41 PM

Stockholm Spireite, on 16 November 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

Nice try, but you've not explained how you got Raheem is the victim of a racist plot.

The fact he was dropped was not a racist issue. I said he speaks about racism. You said it's beyond ridiculous if I am suggesting he's the victim of a racist plot.

I'm trying to understand how you got to that conclysion and you've still not been able to connect the dots.

Read your post again. Try to imagine a scenario where i am not equipped with psychic powers. Then all will become clear.

#632 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:36 PM

KevinHasLeftTheBuilding, on 16 November 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

Read your post again. Try to imagine a scenario where i am not equipped with psychic powers. Then all will become clear.

You don't need psychic powers to point where I say that Raheem Sterling is the victim of a racist plot.

If you could just highlight it in the text you quoted, please:

Ta, muchly.

#633 User is online   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:03 PM

HistoricWarwick, on 15 November 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

How can anyone have any respect for modern day footballers.

32 pages of Raheem Sterling shows how pitiful the game has become. Engerland fans booing Liverpool players is nothing new but, the idea of Sterling assaulting anything other then my intelligence. Good grief. He has a scratch on his eye....

At least Cleveland Browns' Miles Garrett tried to properly decapitate an opponent last night and will suffer pretty heavy consequences as a result of his actions.

Even if in my opinion he was provoked.

That is how players should be controlled. A rule of law.

Here Here .........

#634 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:27 PM

Stockholm Spireite, on 16 November 2019 - 09:36 PM, said:

You don't need psychic powers to point where I say that Raheem Sterling is the victim of a racist plot.

If you could just highlight it in the text you quoted, please:

Ta, muchly.

If you can't read your own sentence and work out the likely inference, I really can't help you.

#635 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:27 PM

KevinHasLeftTheBuilding, on 17 November 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

If you can't read your own sentence and work out the likely inference, I really can't help you.

Ah, the "H Again" method of not answering a really simple question...

#636 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:20 AM

One PL assist all season...
JRID

#637 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:05 AM

But how many goals.......

(Compare them to your favourites- Zaha)!

#638 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:27 AM

Search and Destroy, on 19 November 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

One PL assist all season...

Same number as Zaha has....
https://www.premierl...l_assist?se=274

Sterling winning 7-0 on goals in the prem. Maybe Pep has decided he wants Sterling to play in a way that gets goals and leave the others to do the assists. Hodgson probably just wants Zaha to get his finger out and do anything to be honest!!

#639 User is offline   Comeonyouirons 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:West Ham United <br />Lager

Posted 19 November 2019 - 11:46 AM

JonB, on 19 November 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

Same number as Zaha has....
https://www.premierl...l_assist?se=274

Sterling winning 7-0 on goals in the prem. Maybe Pep has decided he wants Sterling to play in a way that gets goals and leave the others to do the assists. Hodgson probably just wants Zaha to get his finger out and do anything to be honest!!

I find it ironic to note the effect Zaha's injury /suspension absences have on Luka Milivojevic's scoring record
THEY FLY SO HIGH , NEARLY REACH THE SKY , AND LIKE MY DREAMS THEY FADE AND DIE

#640 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:08 PM

3 goals and one assist in the last 12 PL fixtures, playing up front for City is really poor
JRID

Share this topic:

• (40 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users