Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Chaos Disorganised Chaos - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chaos Disorganised Chaos

#1 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:35 AM

I'll never moan about town again (not has I did)

Whilst on hols I decided to watch my 1st Seria A (Lazio v Fortisone or sumat like that) game for a few years and having spoken to some Latino friends I was made aware of the necessity for ID

We (R woman and I) duly arrived at the Lazio ticket office located 10 minutes from the stadium in an a area of high rise apartments and rabid dogs (bearing in mind this is the Olympic stadium seating 80,000 and having staged a EUFA game 3 days earlier it appeared a little strange the ticket office should be so remote to the stadium) 2-1/2 hours before KO allowing time for a few beers???. After a couple of minutes I'm given queuing ticket and told to look for my number on the electronic display 35 numbers and 40 minutes later we're in

Ticket seller "please"

me "2 tickets at 18 euro"

"OK sir ID please"

I look at the carrier of all things important

other half "don't look me, you told me not to carry things that aren't necessary"

me "you what"

Other half " I've got the driving licenses" (I daren't ask why)

Ticket seller "driving licenses will be fine." driving licenses handed over

ticket seller "sorry sir no photo"

Me "well there won't be I've had the bleeding thing 35 year"

Ticket seller "sorry sir no photo no ticket"

Me "so if I'm a 18 year old yob with a baseball cap on and a modern driving license to prove I'm a prat I could get a ticket but because I'm approaching senility I can't" at which point I get a prod in the ribs and duly leave in true British fashion with a stiff upper lip.

On leaving we turned down an appropriate side street, where if a branch and car bonnet had been available the following John Cleese moment whereby I sprained my wrist tw@ing a bollard wouldn't have happened. To which the other half stated " I bet that hurt you more than it, Oh and I've remembered I've got photo copies of the passports would they be ok."Arggghhh It,s best I leave the next verbal exchange to the imagination

Now for the crux of this story, I acquire another queuing ticket with 65 minutes to KO there are 128 tickets before ours. Can they sell 2 per minute? should be doable, you would think it should be a piece of p' There where 5 operatives and 2 doormen keeping the natives at bay Well with all the bull and red tape required it took us 'til 20 minutes after KO to purchase our tickets, apparently this ID malarkey is a government based initiative and the clubs don't like it so they don't employ enough staff to "p" the none regular fans which may result in more season ticket sales long term. The amount of people who left the queue without tickets was scandalous. I'm guessing there would have been 50,000 empty seats

The game! what I saw of it entertaining and if we'd got a full 90 minutes would have been real value. A word on the officials I thought they were excellent however the home crowd certainly didn't Dema wouldn't have much trouble claiming latin nationality.

Back home and the sanity of leaving the tup at 2.50 getting in for the KO and having a leak en-route

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#2 User is offline   cfc_scott 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:27 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 10 October 2015 - 12:35 AM, said:

Whilst on hols I decided to watch my 1st Seria A (Lazio v Fortisone or sumat like that) game for a few years and having spoken to some Latino friends I was made aware of the necessity for ID

We (R woman and I) duly arrived at the Lazio ticket office located 10 minutes from the stadium in an a area of high rise apartments and rabid dogs (bearing in mind this is the Olympic stadium seating 80,000 and having staged a EUFA game 3 days earlier it appeared a little strange the ticket office should be so remote to the stadium) 2-1/2 hours before KO allowing time for a few beers???. After a couple of minutes I'm given queuing ticket and told to look for my number on the electronic display 35 numbers and 40 minutes later we're in

Ticket seller "please"

"OK sir ID please"

other half "don't look me, you told me not to carry things that aren't necessary"

me "you what"

Me "so if I'm a 18 year old yob with a baseball cap on and a modern driving license to prove I'm a prat I could get a ticket but because I'm approaching senility I can't" at which point I get a prod in the ribs and duly leave in true British fashion with a stiff upper lip.

On leaving we turned down an appropriate side street, where if a branch and car bonnet had been available the following John Cleese moment whereby I sprained my wrist tw@ing a bollard wouldn't have happened. To which the other half stated " I bet that hurt you more than it, Oh and I've remembered I've got photo copies of the passports would they be ok."Arggghhh It,s best I leave the next verbal exchange to the imagination

Now for the crux of this story, I acquire another queuing ticket with 65 minutes to KO there are 128 tickets before ours. Can they sell 2 per minute? should be doable, you would think it should be a piece of p' There where 5 operatives and 2 doormen keeping the natives at bay Well with all the bull and red tape required it took us 'til 20 minutes after KO to purchase our tickets, apparently this ID malarkey is a government based initiative and the clubs don't like it so they don't employ enough staff to "p" the none regular fans which may result in more season ticket sales long term. The amount of people who left the queue without tickets was scandalous. I'm guessing there would have been 50,000 empty seats

The game! what I saw of it entertaining and if we'd got a full 90 minutes would have been real value. A word on the officials I thought they were excellent however the home crowd certainly didn't Dema wouldn't have much trouble claiming latin nationality.

Back home and the sanity of leaving the tup at 2.50 getting in for the KO and having a leak en-route

A nice bracket to put people in that. 18 year olds, with a hat, and a modern driving licence might think old men like you are prats

#3 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:51 AM

You also cannot wear a baseball cap on a photo that is a document.Although im pretty sure on micks referee photo id he is donning a trilby.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#4 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:23 AM

View PostBonnyman, on 10 October 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

You also cannot wear a baseball cap on a photo that is a document.Although im pretty sure on micks referee photo id he is donning a trilby.

a trilby \and a gammy leg , hes about fukkkkked sory mick mate , love you really

#5 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:50 AM

Ticket seller "please"

"OK sir ID please"

me "you what"

thought they where now illegal and you have to have a photo ID one ?
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#6 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:03 AM

Ticket seller "please"

"OK sir ID please"

me "you what"

I understand the police will be raiding local pubs prior to the match today checking for out of date licences as they've had no joy with drugs! Best get ready for the 18 year old in a hat who demands to see yours..... :D
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#7 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:13 AM

View Postmartatcross, on 10 October 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

thought they where now illegal and you have to have a photo ID one ?

you thought wrong.
if you have to send a paper one in to have points put on them or change of address etc you have to get a new photo one otherwise theyre legal until expiry date.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users