• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Well Done Lads

#1 User is offline   Blue army boy 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

What a great result today .it just. Shows we can get points without depending on morsy and Doyle all the time.and a big well done to the 249 fans today.roll on Boxing Day come on town.

#2 User is offline   h again 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostBlue army boy, on 20 December 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

What a great result today .it just. Shows we can get points without depending on morsy and Doyle all the time.and a big well done to the 249 fans today.roll on Boxing Day come on town.

A great win, but was it gained by chucking out the attacking football and going for the grind, or did we remain committed to going forward? Sadly, I couldn't go, had to work, but I'd love to hear what sort of stuff we played.
Grinding out away wins can get addictive, but then it spreads to home games as well, and I'd hate to see either.But in Cookie we trust.

#3 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:16 PM

View Posth again, on 21 December 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

A great win, but was it gained by chucking out the attacking football and going for the grind, or did we remain committed to going forward? Sadly, I couldn't go, had to work, but I'd love to hear what sort of stuff we played.
Grinding out away wins can get addictive, but then it spreads to home games as well, and I'd hate to see either.But in Cookie we trust.

I thought we played some good stuff yesterday and before the game we said that given our so called weakened side, that we would be satisfied with a point. Come ht though, I said it has to be 3pts because we were by far the better side. The 3 stand out performances for me were Raglan,Darwikwa & Ryan. Hird, Humph,Bocco all played well despite their lack of match practice.Robbo showed flahes of his class but played well,whilst Clucas looks are cracking fullback. Nanndo battled hard but I thought he could have scored if he had made full contact with his forehead, the defender on the line would not have stood a chance.The one disappointment for me was Evo, where was he for both goals and he nearly let McDonald score with only seconds to go, he should have won the ball in the air in front of Tommy,who had a solid game and was not to blame for the goals.Even when they equalised I said we would score again,we could have had 4 or 5.Well done to the whole team Cracking performance made it a great day out.
lindave

#4 User is offline   Blue95 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:19 PM

Evatt is our weak link IMO. Gonna miss Georg big time
Who put the ball in the Mansfield net? Super Jackie Lesterrrr

#5 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:36 PM

View PostBlue95, on 21 December 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

Evatt is our weak link IMO. Gonna miss Georg big time

Wouldn't expect owt else from a Wolves fan :rolleyes:
God I hate this league.

#6 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

Big well done to the lads. We shouldn't have conceded those two goals (good crosses, though - H Again will enjoy them) and Gillingham only really threatened for a ten minute period.

Re. Evatt... I don't like criticising him and I know nobody else does but he worries me. His strength and aerial ability (defending) is a plus but he can't afford to make mistakes like losing his man for headers in the box. He does that too often.

#7 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostGoku, on 21 December 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

Big well done to the lads. We shouldn't have conceded those two goals (good crosses, though - H Again will enjoy them) and Gillingham only really threatened for a ten minute period.

Re. Evatt... I don't like criticising him and I know nobody else does but he worries me. His strength and aerial ability (defending) is a plus but he can't afford to make mistakes like losing his man for headers in the box. He does that too often.

No. H Again wont have liked those crosses. Not 'whipped in with pace'. The second one was a positive 'floater'.

A number of defenders were culpable for their goals. Where were Darikwa and Boco when Doug Loft was lining up the two crosses? It looked like he was taking a free kick each time.

But as you say, fantastic performance. I heard Cook say pre match that Darikwa regularly practices his crossing and it looked like the hard work has paid off. My Christmas wish? Jimmy knocks on Cook's door and says where do I sign?

#8 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:46 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 21 December 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

No. H Again wont have liked those crosses. Not 'whipped in with pace'. The second one was a positive 'floater'.

A number of defenders were culpable for their goals. Where were Darikwa and Boco when Doug Loft was lining up the two crosses? It looked like he was taking a free kick each time.

But as you say, fantastic performance. I heard Cook say pre match that Darikwa regularly practices his crossing and it looked like the hard work has paid off. My Christmas wish? Jimmy knocks on Cook's door and says where do I sign?

Just about fell within the definition of a floater, I'll give you that. Thing was, the only way their forward got enough on it to do the damage was because he got a flying run at it. Poor defending - nobody should be allowed to attack the ball like that from a long run. Great cross though.

#9 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

I didn't go, so just judging from highlights, but I thought Tendayi was at fault for both their goals. Both times he was standing in no - man's land marking nobody and leaving Boco with two opponents - that's why they had so much time to look up and put an accurate cross over. Agree though, that once those balls came in our marking in the box was terrible.

#10 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:28 AM

:unsure: Agree,was given far too much time to pick his spot for the crosses,and the positioning of our defence in the box was a shambles.Thankfully Jimmy came up with a corker. <_<
Many a good tune

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users