Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Mk Dons 2: The Return - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mk Dons 2: The Return

#41 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:54 AM

View PostBodieUK, on 19 December 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

Class act Paul.

Willing to sustain an almost certain loss for the sake of the fans for something that wasn't even your fault.

There is no almost, I think any profit Bridge Inn Travel would have made for the season (which going on past record woud have have donated back to the club in any event) will have been wiped out by this gesture

#42 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:01 AM

forevablue said:

1418945837[/url]' post='1062557']
Happy Christmas fellow Spireites. To avoid any possible confusion this is Paul from the Bridge Inn Travel but, first and foremost, I am a fan and it is in that respect that I write this message.

Those people that know me will realise that this week is a difficult week for me and if anyone wants to come along I will be in the Barrel on Chatsworth Road from 5 pm tomorrow to raise a glass in celebration of my son (Luke) who passed away on the 19-12-2010. We spent many happy hours there playing pool and talking about CFC.

I am as disappointed as anyone at the situation regarding this cup tie. I said to Midda (aka Paul Smith ex-SIFA) immediately after the game "this one's for us" and obviously all fans of our era. We were one match away from a possible 4th round tie for only the second time since 1949/50.

However, we are where we are and we have to make the best of the situation. My disappointment is that the offer of free travel on two coaches is not fair at all; it doesn't even allow for the equal treatment of approximately 175 people who travelled with True Blue to the first game unless the club are booking two 83 seater coaches.

I understood, earlier this week, that the club were trying to ensure that nothing further was done that could possibly alienate fans even further following the events that took place following the decision by the FA to order a replay of the game. Full consideration was being given to ensure that everyone who travelled to the first game was treated equally, including those travelling by car and train, as long as there was evidence supported by trusted travel organisations or ticket stubs from the game. This obviously wasn't followed through; however, the Bridge Inn Travel is happy to work with the club in order to try and ensure that the best solution possible is achieved.

In this respect we are offering free travel to the game on the 2nd January 2015 to any of the 194 people who travelled to the first game with us; also, if any of the fans who travelled to the first game with True Blue Travel don't get a seat on the 2 free coaches provided by the club we will offer them a free seat also, provided that the club give written confirmation that they attended the first game.

For anyone who didn't travel to the first game with us we will confirm the pricing details asap given that we are fast approaching Christmas and we all need some time away from work and other commitments.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Paul.

forevablue said:

1418945837[/url]' post='1062557']
Happy Christmas fellow Spireites. To avoid any possible confusion this is Paul from the Bridge Inn Travel but, first and foremost, I am a fan and it is in that respect that I write this message.

Those people that know me will realise that this week is a difficult week for me and if anyone wants to come along I will be in the Barrel on Chatsworth Road from 5 pm tomorrow to raise a glass in celebration of my son (Luke) who passed away on the 19-12-2010. We spent many happy hours there playing pool and talking about CFC.

I am as disappointed as anyone at the situation regarding this cup tie. I said to Midda (aka Paul Smith ex-SIFA) immediately after the game "this one's for us" and obviously all fans of our era. We were one match away from a possible 4th round tie for only the second time since 1949/50.

However, we are where we are and we have to make the best of the situation. My disappointment is that the offer of free travel on two coaches is not fair at all; it doesn't even allow for the equal treatment of approximately 175 people who travelled with True Blue to the first game unless the club are booking two 83 seater coaches.

I understood, earlier this week, that the club were trying to ensure that nothing further was done that could possibly alienate fans even further following the events that took place following the decision by the FA to order a replay of the game. Full consideration was being given to ensure that everyone who travelled to the first game was treated equally, including those travelling by car and train, as long as there was evidence supported by trusted travel organisations or ticket stubs from the game. This obviously wasn't followed through; however, the Bridge Inn Travel is happy to work with the club in order to try and ensure that the best solution possible is achieved.

In this respect we are offering free travel to the game on the 2nd January 2015 to any of the 194 people who travelled to the first game with us; also, if any of the fans who travelled to the first game with True Blue Travel don't get a seat on the 2 free coaches provided by the club we will offer them a free seat also, provided that the club give written confirmation that they attended the first game.

For anyone who didn't travel to the first game with us we will confirm the pricing details asap given that we are fast approaching Christmas and we all need some time away from work and other commitments.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Paul.

Great gesture paul well done

#43 User is offline   Barrel Inn Away Travel 

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

View Postspireitewolf, on 20 December 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

Great gesture paul well done

Hi everyone and first of all what a fantastic win yesterday with a squad that was down to the bare bones.

We have now caught up with the weekend bookings and the 5 coaches to Coventry City are now all full. If anyone needs to cancel, or book, please let us know asap as there are only a few days next week to sort anything out before Christmas.

Following helpful discussions with the Club we can confirm that everyone who travelled to the first FA Cup fixture with MK Dons, on either the Bridge Inn Blues or True Blue, will be entitled to free coach travel to the replay on the 2nd January 2015. Also, our prices for everyone else will be the same as the Club’s which will be £10 for adults and £5 for under 16’s accompanied by an adult. The departure time for this game will be 2.15 pm from the Bridge Inn.

This significant subsidy to travellers with the Bridge Inn Blues is being fully funded by our travel club; therefore, this may mean that there will be no end of season donation to the Club but we will still contribute what we have already agreed towards the Memorial Garden.

For the MK Dons game you need to book as soon as possible please. Although we are offering free travel to everyone who went last time, we need to ensure that we have the best sized coaches for the numbers travelling in order that we don't incur any unnecessary expenditure.

Many thanks for your support as always.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users