Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Mk Dons 2: The Return - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mk Dons 2: The Return

#21 User is offline   forevablue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:37 PM

Happy Christmas fellow Spireites. To avoid any possible confusion this is Paul from the Bridge Inn Travel but, first and foremost, I am a fan and it is in that respect that I write this message.

Those people that know me will realise that this week is a difficult week for me and if anyone wants to come along I will be in the Barrel on Chatsworth Road from 5 pm tomorrow to raise a glass in celebration of my son (Luke) who passed away on the 19-12-2010. We spent many happy hours there playing pool and talking about CFC.

I am as disappointed as anyone at the situation regarding this cup tie. I said to Midda (aka Paul Smith ex-SIFA) immediately after the game "this one's for us" and obviously all fans of our era. We were one match away from a possible 4th round tie for only the second time since 1949/50.

However, we are where we are and we have to make the best of the situation. My disappointment is that the offer of free travel on two coaches is not fair at all; it doesn't even allow for the equal treatment of approximately 175 people who travelled with True Blue to the first game unless the club are booking two 83 seater coaches.

I understood, earlier this week, that the club were trying to ensure that nothing further was done that could possibly alienate fans even further following the events that took place following the decision by the FA to order a replay of the game. Full consideration was being given to ensure that everyone who travelled to the first game was treated equally, including those travelling by car and train, as long as there was evidence supported by trusted travel organisations or ticket stubs from the game. This obviously wasn't followed through; however, the Bridge Inn Travel is happy to work with the club in order to try and ensure that the best solution possible is achieved.

In this respect we are offering free travel to the game on the 2nd January 2015 to any of the 194 people who travelled to the first game with us; also, if any of the fans who travelled to the first game with True Blue Travel don't get a seat on the 2 free coaches provided by the club we will offer them a free seat also, provided that the club give written confirmation that they attended the first game.

For anyone who didn't travel to the first game with us we will confirm the pricing details asap given that we are fast approaching Christmas and we all need some time away from work and other commitments.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Paul.

#22 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:42 PM

View Postforevablue, on 18 December 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

Happy Christmas fellow Spireites. To avoid any possible confusion this is Paul from the Bridge Inn Travel but, first and foremost, I am a fan and it is in that respect that I write this message.

Those people that know me will realise that this week is a difficult week for me and if anyone wants to come along I will be in the Barrel on Chatsworth Road from 5 pm tomorrow to raise a glass in celebration of my son (Luke) who passed away on the 19-12-2010. We spent many happy hours there playing pool and talking about CFC.

I am as disappointed as anyone at the situation regarding this cup tie. I said to Midda (aka Paul Smith ex-SIFA) immediately after the game "this one's for us" and obviously all fans of our era. We were one match away from a possible 4th round tie for only the second time since 1949/50.

However, we are where we are and we have to make the best of the situation. My disappointment is that the offer of free travel on two coaches is not fair at all; it doesn't even allow for the equal treatment of approximately 175 people who travelled with True Blue to the first game unless the club are booking two 83 seater coaches.

I understood, earlier this week, that the club were trying to ensure that nothing further was done that could possibly alienate fans even further following the events that took place following the decision by the FA to order a replay of the game. Full consideration was being given to ensure that everyone who travelled to the first game was treated equally, including those travelling by car and train, as long as there was evidence supported by trusted travel organisations or ticket stubs from the game. This obviously wasn't followed through; however, the Bridge Inn Travel is happy to work with the club in order to try and ensure that the best solution possible is achieved.

In this respect we are offering free travel to the game on the 2nd January 2015 to any of the 194 people who travelled to the first game with us; also, if any of the fans who travelled to the first game with True Blue Travel don't get a seat on the 2 free coaches provided by the club we will offer them a free seat also, provided that the club give written confirmation that they attended the first game.

For anyone who didn't travel to the first game with us we will confirm the pricing details asap given that we are fast approaching Christmas and we all need some time away from work and other commitments.

Brilliant stuff. Hope this is picked up by CFC.

#23 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:01 AM

top gesture Paul, book me on, it's a shame but alas not surprising the club sought to use the situation to promote "True Blue Travel"

#24 User is offline   smiffy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights, also, racing caravans backwards !!!given that up now ,got bored.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:22 AM

Merry Christmas . Fabulous gesture.

#25 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

I think turner expected a fine similar to that which bradford got as in his had he still doesn't think we have done anything wrong. It looks to me like the level of free travel being put on by the club is probably to th level of fine they were expecting. Given the fine could have been significant eg equivalent to the prize money for the first or second round then the club could do more for free travel. Great gesture by bridge travel Paul but for me the club should be doing more and it's 2 fingers again to the majority of fans. Another PR own goal. Travel for everyone for a fiver would have been reasonable

This post has been edited by Ernie Ernie Ernie: 19 December 2014 - 12:51 AM

#26 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:10 AM

I don't know you, but mate, that is a magnificent gesture that goes above and beyond.......you deserve a medal

all the best for the festive period

A new hope.

#27 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:13 AM

Excellent gesture, Paul. Full marks to you & Bridge Inn.

#28 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:28 AM

Top stuff, Paul.

#29 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:02 AM

Class act Paul.

Willing to sustain an almost certain loss for the sake of the fans for something that wasn't even your fault.
Twitter: Bodie0402

#30 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:06 AM

Well done. Our club could do with taking note.

#31 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:38 AM

I reckon there could be a big take up for this game, everyone off work, chance to get out the house for little money, siege mentality, will be a good following IMO.

View PostGoku, on 19 December 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

Well done. Our club could do with taking note.

Mate, this club doesn't seem to give a flying one to the supporters, there's plenty of evidence for that.
JRID

#32 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:00 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 19 December 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

I reckon there could be a big take up for this game, everyone off work, chance to get out the house for little money, siege mentality, will be a good following IMO.

Mate, this club doesn't seem to give a flying one to the supporters, there's plenty of evidence for that.

I'm thinking of going but apparently it's hard work getting from the train station.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#33 User is offline   alho 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:43 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 19 December 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

Sadly not everyone is off from work, alot like me will be back for there first day after the holidays, I went with the bridge first time and had a great day out but unfortunately I won't be able to get the day off to be able to go
Smelling like a brewery,looking like a tramp

#34 User is offline   Ex-LeamSpire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC + plenty of other things.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 19 December 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

I'm thinking of going but apparently it's hard work getting from the train station.

Get the 1 or (i think) the 5 from straight outside the train station. Takes about 20 mins or so - maybe more if theres traffic. They drop you right next to the ground (though at opposite sides). I shared a taxi with a group of MK fans I met in the Wetherspoons to get there - but i got the 1 back and it was pretty painless. Just check how often they run as it was like every 30 mins and this was a Sat afternoon - so in the evening its likely to be less.

#35 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:09 PM

HAPPY CHRISTMAS PAUL weve known each other long long time ,tricky time i guess for u , keep yer chin up mate hes looking down on you , ure luke , it stinks how true blue get freebie , and ure lot gets nowt ,stinks that , ill be there in car see you first down at gillingham first ,

#36 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:15 PM

View Postalho, on 19 December 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

Sadly not everyone is off from work, alot like me will be back for there first day after the holidays, I went with the bridge first time and had a great day out but unfortunately I won't be able to get the day off to be able to go

Sadly you are not on your own
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#37 User is offline   Blue Rodney Fern 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:All Football and Cricket in fact most sports

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:01 PM

View Postalho, on 19 December 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

I am in the same boat and can't get out of it as its our busiest day of the year but congrats to Paul for a fantastic gesture and makes you proud to be a spireite

#38 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:46 PM

The mind boggles how the Bridge can surpass the "best efforts" of CFC

Well done
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#39 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

View Postazul, on 19 December 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

The mind boggles how the Bridge can surpass the "best efforts" of CFC

Well done

Probably asked for the grand we just gave them, but the club make nothing on there coaches if you believe them...

#40 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:08 PM

View PostBodieUK, on 19 December 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

Class act Paul.

Willing to sustain an almost certain loss for the sake of the fans for something that wasn't even your fault.

In all of this surely there are fans who can afford to pay full price (and should do) if it offsets some of Pauls costs. At the end of the day Bridge Inn regularly donate to the club and therefore anyone not attending the original game MUST pay the fair amount.

Brilliant gesture Paul and I wonder if at this late stage the club could have a change of heart and just make it a fiver across the board to travel to the game. Entrance fee is minimal and this would then enable Bridge Inn to maybe break even or there abouts.

God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users