• You cannot reply to this topic

Chris Turner Interview

#41 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostNorton Blue, on 16 December 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

Just listened to the interview. Quite frankly the most inept interview i've heard. I dread to think what kind of defence and line of argument was prepared for the meeting.

I cant really think of anything positive this man has done at the club. Failed concert, failed budget planning, failed administration.

3 strikes you're out Turner.

To be fair to him, I recognise the acquisition of PC to replace Sheridan at a net cost of nowt to CFC to have been a great coup. I would also trust him on standing non nonsense in negotiations with agents and players.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#42 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:54 PM

View Postdim view, on 16 December 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

To be fair to him, I recognise the acquisition of PC to replace Sheridan at a net cost of nowt to CFC to have been a great coup. I would also trust him on standing non nonsense in negotiations with agents and players.

How can you conclude this with a net loss of £1M from a title winning Wembley season?

I reckon everyone who signed for us last season got pretty much what they wanted. Probably one of the reasons why the majority of our players seem so content!

#43 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

View Postdim view, on 16 December 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

Yes, his move to replace JS with PC for little cost was shrewd, but then again, PC wasn't on a massive amount at Accrington, and,I am led to believe, he was there on either non contract terms or a very short contract and his salary wouldn't have been huge. He may well have initially taken similar T+C simply for the opportunity to manage at a club with the facilities and structure at CFC rather than looking for big bucks.

Not so sure I would trust him on contracts either- after all it appeared he had little understanding of the "wage increase on promotion" clause in contracts would impact the following seasons budget..........

Harsh to blame him for the concerts though, I don't think he picked the headline acts, that's more the Owners field of expertise.

A new hope.

#44 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:56 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 16 December 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

Harsh to blame him for the concerts though, I don't think he picked the headline acts, that's more the Owners field of expertise.

On the contrary, in my opinion, only ridiculous contractual arrangements could have been responsible for such an outrageous loss on the secondary show. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the contracts were constructed without advice, and were a complete shambles. How could such a large amount of money be lost on engaging second division artists?.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#45 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:05 PM

View Postdim view, on 16 December 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

On the contrary, in my opinion, only ridiculous contractual arrangements could have been responsible for such an outrageous loss on the secondary show. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the contracts were constructed without advice, and were a complete shambles. How could such a large amount of money be lost on engaging second division artists?.

Lack of punters aside, the Sunday concert was better than Tom Jones.

We heard two things from Turner:

1) The TJ gig was going to be profitable, to a point where it would ensure that the weekend was too.

2) That the "experts", one assumes Liz Hobbs Group had assured him not to worry about the poor uptake and that tickets would sell faster, closer to the weekend.

We left it until a couple of weeks before the concert weekend to start promoting the event, dumping tickets left, right and centre, one assumes after DA burst a blood vessel.

Make no mistake, we were lazy.

#46 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 16 December 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Better in what respects?
(I wasn't at either but just interested)

#47 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

1) The TJ gig was going to be profitable, to a point where it would ensure that the weekend was too.
2) That the "experts", one assumes Liz Hobbs Group had assured him not to worry about the poor uptake and that tickets would sell faster, closer to the weekend.

We left it until a couple of weeks before the concert weekend to start promoting the event, dumping tickets left, right and centre, one assumes after DA burst a blood vessel.

Yes I remember hearing this as well - almost as if the second concert was a 'no lose'.

#48 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:16 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 16 December 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

Better in what respects?
(I wasn't at either but just interested)

I think TJ thought he'd just got to turn up, he was a poor artist compared with Elton John and judging by the level of noise (talking) coming from the crowd, he'd lost them.

The artists on the Sunday put more into their performances, Tinie Tempah was worth the admission fee alone.

Eh and to clarify, I'm not a fan of any of the artists that were performing.

#49 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

so DA or CT?
A new hope.

#50 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things Spireites - and Liverpool

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 16 December 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

Not really that harsh. He is the CEO after all, and the performance of the club + or - ultimately stops with him. Far too many mistakes being made for a club that is "too professional" to make them... Sounds delusional to me. he's meant to lead the club in making the right decisions, so in all these things the buck stops with him, and the failures are starting to mount.

I feel sorry for the players and fans that went and secured what they thought was victory. Only for this man to swear blind that mistakes had not been made.

Sorry don't buy it. Get rid now please DA before the next big FUBAR

#51 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

Not that I'd know anything about it, but doesn't the promotion of any concert involve a measure of risk? If we want these events at the Proact, then the risk of making a loss is always there, and there's no getting away from that.
Whether the concert in question was well organised and publicised I know not, but I'd have thought Dave Allen knows what's what in these matters. The events don't come with a guarantee of making money - it's a speculative venture however good the admin is.

#52 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostNorton Blue, on 16 December 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

Not really that harsh. He is the CEO after all, and the performance of the club + or - ultimately stops with him. Far too many mistakes being made for a club that is "too professional" to make them... Sounds delusional to me. he's meant to lead the club in making the right decisions, so in all these things the buck stops with him, and the failures are starting to mount.

I feel sorry for the players and fans that went and secured what they thought was victory. Only for this man to swear blind that mistakes had not been made.

Sorry don't buy it. Get rid now please DA before the next big FUBAR

I`m just wondering how much of the concert thing was DA rather than CT - its his area so to speak
A new hope.

#53 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:11 PM

View Posth again, on 17 December 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

Not that I'd know anything about it, but doesn't the promotion of any concert involve a measure of risk? If we want these events at the Proact, then the risk of making a loss is always there, and there's no getting away from that.
Whether the concert in question was well organised and publicised I know not, but I'd have thought Dave Allen knows what's what in these matters. The events don't come with a guarantee of making money - it's a speculative venture however good the admin is.

the Elton John concert came with no risk. We basically hired the venue to a promoter who did the rest.

Understandably DA saw how many tickets were sold, and thought if we cut out the middle man that slice of the pie can be all ours, however these events have to be well planned, well marketed etc............

A new hope.

#54 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:32 PM

View Posth again, on 17 December 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

You're right to a degree. Depends on the agreement with the promoter and the expertise of the hiring party. I would say that the line up for the 2nd concert should have been no risk if the marketing, pricing and possibly timing was correct. I don't know much about the promoters.

#55 User is offline   acarson 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

I have read all żour posts. Chris works very hard for your football club night and day. When you have all gone to bed drunk up CT is on the phone to me discussing issues about CFC.
There was a mistake made within the club.nothing really to do with CT but as CEO he has taken the blame and the pain.

We have taken the necessary steps within the club to make sure this will not happen again.

CT is going no where. He has the total backing of the Chairman and myself and the Board.
I think you all need to move on and stop the blame culture.

We need to focus on the replay that none of us wanted and within the financial constraints of the club we will help fans to attend and support the team.

We are all gutted and thought we would just get a fine. The FA make bizarre decisions at times. We need to focus and beat MK Dons.

Ashleyc

Ps. Chris's trip to Kuwait cost the club Jack **** !!!

#56 User is offline   acarson 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

If anyone wants to contact me direct you know my email address.
CT and I will also meet with anyone who wishes to vent their critism

AshleyC

#57 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

View Postacarson, on 17 December 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

I have read all żour posts. Chris works very hard for your football club night and day. When you have all gone to bed drunk up CT is on the phone to me discussing issues about CFC.
There was a mistake made within the club.nothing really to do with CT but as CEO he has taken the blame and the pain.

We have taken the necessary steps within the club to make sure this will not happen again.

CT is going no where. He has the total backing of the Chairman and myself and the Board.

We need to focus on the replay that none of us wanted and within the financial constraints of the club we will help fans to attend and support the team.

We are all gutted and thought we would just get a fine. The FA make bizarre decisions at times. We need to focus and beat MK Dons.

Ashleyc

We were only thinking of excuses for that shambolic interview on RS

He doesn't even have that excuse now

Glad DA doesn't care about losing £10K's, perhaps £100Ks. At least we won't have to pay any bonuses if we lose?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#58 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

Ashleyc

I realise I am just your puppet Chris butcan you take your hand from up my jumper? Then can I get off your knee please? It's embarrassing
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#59 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

Ashleyc

I wonder if you could address some of the points raised by Freelander 2 in recent weeks?
A new hope.

#60 User is offline   acarson 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

Not read previous posts. I am no puppet. I answer to no one.
I work for the good of CFC and by the way it costs me money !!

Please don't hide behind a name on here. Message me and meet up with CT and Myself.

Then have a go !!!

AshleyC

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users