• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chris Turner Interview

#161 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:09 PM

View PostWebster, on 19 December 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

Other than perhaps he wasn't League One standard and a make weight

Never saw him play so can't comment Rich...

#162 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:42 PM

View Posth again, on 19 December 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Since I didn't do any 'personalised point scoring or agenda promotion' - indeed I was careful not to -

not that careful if we go by your "odd squad" comment.
A new hope.

#163 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostZeus, on 15 December 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

Mouth covered in chocolate but he didn't have any biscuits

:lol:
A new hope.

#164 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:00 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 19 December 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

If your so well connected with the club please have a quiet word with Mr Allen! Where is he? We're struggling a bit and the CEO is making a pigs ear of it at the moment! I think we all love town and I for one don't want to see all the hard work over the last few years go down the pan! If it does we'll survive but it would be such a shame!

I'm not connected with the club in any way, shape or form, except as a season ticket holder. The points I made could have been made by anybody approaching the subject in an un-biased way, the saddest thing for me being that so many are unwilling to do just that. This is the club we support, for goodness sake - we shouldn't be blind to their failings, but we shouldn't be queueing up to call the whole set-up a shambles at every tin-pot opportunity.

#165 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 19 December 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

not that careful if we go by your "odd squad" comment.

If you assume the description applies to you and you don't like it you could try posting something intelligent instead of trying to be clever.

There are two long, highly relevant and thought out posts on here - your reply? "I prefer nothing" followed by another gem of wit, " The Clown and the Court Jester" . I'm being kind when I call that odd - there are lots of other ways of describing it.

#166 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 19 December 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

Evening,

Point 7 - Alnassar. Between finishing University & starting up our business, I had 5 yrs working for two brothers who feature in the Irish Independent's rich list & I couldn't have wished for a better "apprenticeship" in the commercial world.

One of many of their concerns was how they monitored & measured the contribution of non-sales staff, what value did other, non-income generating employees contribute to the company. The two brothers introduced a folder system for senior management, each folder would represent a project, short, medium & long term, every time you opened the folder, you date stamped it, with an opening time & a closing time, I suspect like solicitors & accountants work.

This folder system formed part of our annual review & it wouldn't be uncommon to be discussing up to a mixture of 50 short, medium & long term projects. This was the project, this is how many hours I've spent on it & this was the outcome.

Now the Alnassar folder reads, spent 12 months on the project, the "Agent" failed to achieve the first date for investment & I had to be told by a Board member that the Agent was a ******.

Interesting. Obviously you're much more in the know than me on the matter. So a date was set for the first stage of the investment by some outfit in Kuwait, was it? Do we know when it was, how credible the particular outfit is , and, more to the point, how much they were going to invest?
Do you have any thoughts on the rest of my 'speculation', by he way? Like I said, I'm only coming from the point of view of an interested fan, and I'm quite prepared to have somebody in the know come along and tell me I'm a long way wide of the mark.
So far, however, I've just had the usual insults - which is no surprise, but a little disappointing.

#167 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:26 PM

View Posth again, on 20 December 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

If you assume the description applies to you and you don't like it you could try posting something intelligent instead of trying to be clever.

There are two long, highly relevant and thought out posts on here - your reply? "I prefer nothing" followed by another gem of wit, " The Clown and the Court Jester" . I'm being kind when I call that odd - there are lots of other ways of describing it.

it could apply to anyone really....but then I`m not cliaming "'to avoid personalised point scoring or agenda promotion' - indeed I was careful not to" while calling people odd.

If I think someone is right I say so, If I think someone is wrong I say so, If I think someone is prick I say so.

Hypocrisy is your field of expertise....I call it as I see it, no frills, no bull shine and no deception.
A new hope.

#168 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 20 December 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

it could apply to anyone really....but then I`m not cliaming "'to avoid personalised point scoring or agenda promotion' - indeed I was careful not to" while calling people odd.

If I think someone is right I say so, If I think someone is wrong I say so, If I think someone is prick I say so.

Hypocrisy is your field of expertise....I call it as I see it, no frills, no bull shine and no deception.

You haven't called anything yet. Unless you think "I prefer nothing" is some kind of valuable comment.

#169 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:34 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 20 December 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

.... and a merry christmas to you to ....

#170 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:03 PM

View Posth again, on 20 December 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

You haven't called anything yet. Unless you think "I prefer nothing" is some kind of valuable comment.

xxx luv you too xxx
A new hope.

#171 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

View Posth again, on 19 December 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Since I didn't do any 'personalised point scoring or agenda promotion' - indeed I was careful not to - I can't see why you have to chuck in the silly personalised stuff, but let it pass. I'm more disappointed that you can't find any reasonable argument against the points I raised, but I suppose it's always easier to condemn the CEO as a fool than to try to figure out what's going wrong, if anything.
As for aspiring to the 'standards set by F2', you're falling a long way short by indulging in personal attack and making no comment whatsoever that's relevant to the discussion.

Well unfortunately the thread has developed pretty much as I predicted - you adopting a pious position whilst scattering a series of snide remarks about 'Bob's Board' members.

And you don't even seem to realise you're doing it. Or maybe you do, which merely underlines my warnings.

Answer the points you raised? What points? Let's go through these 'points' one by one:

1. Gary Roberts arrived pre-season, so what his signing has to do with ongoing shortfalls in attendances or the profit and loss account you'll have to explain. Other than that it's the usual little digs - apparently we're all in the 'speculate to accumulate camp', are 'rushing to condemn', and 'begrudge DA taking a cut of transfers' even though there was no 'chorus of disapproval' when he invested. Again you'll have to point out where anyone's done that 'cos I must've missed it.

2. Amidst the waffle you agree the bonus system was a mess. Though nowt to do with old 'Teflon', it would appear.

3. You 'doubt' Teflon made the decision to stage the Summer gigs, but nothing on why or who did. Either way, though, he was the bloke overseeing the events, who should've been monitoring ticket sales and told fans CFC would at least break even. Whoops.

4. But hey, no worries, it was a decent 'pi** up' in Benidorm.

5. More agreement, albeit dressed up.

6. Should've left it at 'I'm short of facts'.

7. 'Disaster'? Insert the letters 'PR' before the word disaster and 'F2' wasn't far wrong. And the fake Sheikh was 'obviously trying to broker a deal'? 'Obviously'? Really? Yet again you post definitive statements despite knowing nowt. Like Mr and Mrs Turner's trip costing 'peanuts' when you'd absolutely no idea of the truth.

8. You thought Teflon sounded 'angry'. Fair enough, your opinion. Many others heard something entirely different, however.

Then it's more non-committal waffle and another sneer at forumites - 'a string of people falling over themselves and each other to pin a disaster on him on the slimmest of evidence, and next to no knowledge. As opposed to one person falling over himself to pin insults on Town fans and adopt a contrary stance despite having no evidence or knowledge of his own, of course.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 21 December 2014 - 09:06 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#172 User is offline   Blue95 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

I didnt realise people still read h agains posts
Who put the ball in the Mansfield net? Super Jackie Lesterrrr

#173 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:16 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 21 December 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Well unfortunately the thread has developed pretty much as I predicted - you adopting a pious position whilst scattering a series of snide remarks about 'Bob's Board' members.

And you don't even seem to realise you're doing it. Or maybe you do, which merely underlines my warnings.

Answer the points you raised? What points? Let's go through these 'points' one by one:

1. Gary Roberts arrived pre-season, so what his signing has to do with ongoing shortfalls in attendances or the profit and loss account you'll have to explain. Other than that it's the usual little digs - apparently we're all in the 'speculate to accumulate camp', are 'rushing to condemn', and 'begrudge DA taking a cut of transfers' even though there was no 'chorus of disapproval' when he invested. Again you'll have to point out where anyone's done that 'cos I must've missed it.

2. Amidst the waffle you agree the bonus system was a mess. Though nowt to do with old 'Teflon', it would appear.

3. You 'doubt' Teflon made the decision to stage the Summer gigs, but nothing on why or who did. Either way, though, he was the bloke overseeing the events, who should've been monitoring ticket sales and told fans CFC would at least break even. Whoops.

4. But hey, no worries, it was a decent 'pi** up' in Benidorm.

5. More agreement, albeit dressed up.

6. Should've left it at 'I'm short of facts'.

7. 'Disaster'? Insert the letters 'PR' before the word disaster and 'F2' wasn't far wrong. And the fake Sheikh was 'obviously trying to broker a deal'? 'Obviously'? Really? Yet again you post definitive statements despite knowing nowt. Like Mr and Mrs Turner's trip costing 'peanuts' when you'd absolutely no idea of the truth.

8. You thought Teflon sounded 'angry'. Fair enough, your opinion. Many others heard something entirely different, however.

Then it's more non-committal waffle and another sneer at forumites - 'a string of people falling over themselves and each other to pin a disaster on him on the slimmest of evidence, and next to no knowledge. As opposed to one person falling over himself to pin insults on Town fans and adopt a contrary stance despite having no evidence or knowledge of his own, of course.

Thanks Chris - so you don't know any more than me then. Why not just come clean and admit we're all shooting in the dark.

After all the bluster - and I should think everybody knows it by heart now - we're coming at this from two different directions. You think the CEO is an utter nincompoop, and you're trying to make all the evidence point in that direction. Well, you might be right, but you're hardly a disinterested party, having been calling every single person concerned with the management of CFC the same sort of thing for the last 15 years.
Me, I start from thinking most people are competent - not brilliant, or useless - but competent. I then have a look at the evidence, such as it is, and see if it can definitely point in one direction or the other. In the case of Mr.Turner the needle is swinging slightly towards the negative, as several points in my post made clear, though you were far too busy being annoyed to see it. Principally I wonder if a CEO from a football background is too inclined to grant all the wish-lists from the football side of the organisation, where a neutral would put a pencil through the expensive items like bonuses and more non-playing staff. This does not make him a nincompoop however, and in the end DA is happy with his approach so that's that.
I wondered when I posted the 'Devil's Advocacy' just what the response would be. The insults and sneers come as standard - and that you don't pick up on some of them instead of my more gentle replies doesn't say much for your impartiality - but I looked forward to some interesting taking to pieces of my viewpoint. Nothing of the sort happened, with a small exception from freelander, so step forward the only person to actually put an answer together - Chris Snell. Thanks for that, old adversary. If you can bend you mind to a bit more of the same - and a bit less of the personal stuff - we might yet have a fruitful discussion, though all on the basis of 'speculation, of course.
And as I've mentioned before, no 'sneering' is involved, it's just the way I write and if it comes over the wrong way it isn't meant to. I value other peoples' opinions highly - the problem is we get too few of them and too much rhetoric.

This post has been edited by h again: 21 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

#174 User is offline   acarson 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

For the record

Point 4. CT NEVER went to Benidorm with the team at the end of the season!!

AshleyC

#175 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:16 PM

View Postacarson, on 21 December 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

For the record

Point 4. CT NEVER went to Benidorm with the team at the end of the season!!

AshleyC

Apologies to Chris, my mistake.

It was the team "bonding" trip to Portugal at the end of June.

#176 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:32 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 21 December 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

Apologies to Chris, my mistake.

It was the team "bonding" trip to Portugal at the end of June.

looks like all the other points were valid!!!
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#177 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

View Posth again, on 21 December 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

And as I've mentioned before, no 'sneering' is involved, it's just the way I write and if it comes over the wrong way it isn't meant to.

what a load of rubbish
A new hope.

#178 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:04 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 21 December 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

what a load of rubbish

That's 2 of you then..............
God I hate this league.

#179 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 21 December 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

That's 2 of you then..............

not at all........i dont pretend.. i f i think someone is being a dick i will be open and say so.
A new hope.

#180 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

I'm led to believe Chris Turner and Ashley Carson attended this:

http://www.dailymail...rts-Agenda.html
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +