Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Ched Evans Training At Sheff Utd - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (45 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ched Evans Training At Sheff Utd

#41 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:15 AM

View PostSpire-ite, on 12 November 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

They were allegedly the same "facts" used against his mate, who walked away.

I think you need to read a bit deeper ched evans did not take the girl to the hotel and that's why the cases are different.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#42 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:20 AM

I get confused by people defending him!! The facts are:
* McDonald was with the girl & obviously they both consented
* Evans came into the room after McDonald called him & said he had a girl, then 'had a go'
* Left the building by the fire escape!! (why?)
* More importantly...he was convicted in a court of law!! There was obviously some stern solid evidence that he was guilty!

His web-site is obviously going to be bias towards his attempts at claiming innocence!

If you hadn't done anything wrong...why sneak out of the building via a fire escape???

This post has been edited by Waller is my hero: 12 November 2014 - 09:22 AM

#43 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

View Postbonnyman, on 12 November 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

I think you need to read a bit deeper ched evans did not take the girl to the hotel and that's why the cases are different

All I need to know is that after reading and watching clips of the case from various media, there is IMO sufficient doubt.
Also, in this country, we know some judges will not take a majority decision from the jury, so keep sending them back until they reach a unanimous one!!!!!!!!!!
So how many members of any jury have changed their minds, just so they can go home!

This post has been edited by Spire-ite: 12 November 2014 - 09:35 AM

#44 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostSpire-ite, on 12 November 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Also, in this country, we know some judges will not take a majority decision from the jury, so keep sending them back until they reach a unanimous one!!!!!!!!!!
So how many members of any jury have changed their minds, just so they can go home!

No judge will accept a majority decision until there has been due deliberation although in some cases this can be as short as two hours. At that point all Judges will direct that a majority is acceptable. For this at least ten of the jurors must agree on a verdict. If at this point it is clear that this will not be the case the Judge will dismiss the jury and offer the CPS the option of retrying the case.
Peter Whiteley

#45 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

View Postdalekpete, on 12 November 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

No judge will accept a majority decision until there has been due deliberation although in some cases this can be as short as two hours. At that point all Judges will direct that a majority is acceptable. For this at least ten of the jurors must agree on a verdict. If at this point it is clear that this will not be the case the Judge will dismiss the jury and offer the CPS the option of retrying the case.

That is what is supposed to happen.
How many people do you know, who have been on jury service, where this simply does not happen most of the time.
How many times have you read, locally or nationally, that the judge dismissed the jury to offer retrial.
I am no legal expert, just going on what I've read, seen and heard. That is all.

#46 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 12 November 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

Evans was in a high profile position & let his ego get the best of him...he did something wrong & he should deal with the consequences. He is in the public eye all the time because of his career..wherever he goes he will tarnish the reputation & integrity of the club/company he works for.
I'm afraid if you commit a terrible crime...you have to deal with it for the rest of your life...i have no sympathy for him whatsover.
He is making it worse by not even considering the victim & the victims family & friends - not one effort of remorse has exited his mouth & thats what is the shameful thing about it.

He is not going to be publicly remorseful because he still (presumably) believes he didn't rape her and there is an appeal in place (that might not be the correct legal term for it, it's what dalekpete said on the previous page) so to apologise and basically admit that he did it would be an incredibly stupid thing to do at this point. You've been told this numerous times throughout the thread and you still don't appear to understand it, I don't know how it can be explained any more clearly to you.

edit; sorry not this thread, previous ched evans threads that we've had on this board

This post has been edited by Goku: 12 November 2014 - 10:14 AM

#47 User is offline   Crack 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostNOKIN, on 11 November 2014 - 11:03 PM, said:

So if he was a doctor you'd be ok with him resuming his career? If he was a copper or a teacher you'd be ok with that?

Like it or lump it as a professional footballer he has a moral responsibility to behave himself and not rape women which he did as proved in a court of law. If that ruling is overturned in the future then so be it but like me you have absolutely no idea if he will be cleared or not.

If he was a teacher, doctor or copper he would not get the opportunity to return to any of those careers.
His unrepentant attitude leaves him unfit to return to football.

#48 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostCrack, on 12 November 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

If he was a teacher, doctor or copper he would not get the opportunity to return to any of those careers.

As Goku, and others, have said many times...whilst this "appeal" is on running he isnt going to say anything different.

Also i dont agree with the comparison of him being a doctor, teacher etc as you put...there are genuine reasons why he wouldnt be back in that sort of role but as it stands these dont exist for footballers. Now whether that is correct or not is a different argument but i for one dont buy this footballers are role models rubbish that gets thrown about. Yes a kid may want to be as good a player as someone but in terms of their moral upbringing thats in the hands of parents more than some random footballer!

Widening this out a bit...if you are stopping people with criminal records being footballers where do you draw the line? I suspect it wouldnt last two mins in a court if authorities tried to differentiate between different crimes and stop those found guilty of certain things from playing whilst letting others go back into football.

This post has been edited by JonB: 12 November 2014 - 11:03 AM

#49 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostJonB, on 12 November 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

As Goku, and others, have said many times...whilst this "appeal" is on running he isnt going to say anything different.

I think we're writing this in invisible ink tbh because it's certainly not sinking in.

#50 User is offline   City Gent 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 12 November 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

I get confused by people defending him!! The facts are:
* McDonald was with the girl & obviously they both consented
* Evans came into the room after McDonald called him & said he had a girl, then 'had a go'
* Left the building by the fire escape!! (why?)
* More importantly...he was convicted in a court of law!! There was obviously some stern solid evidence that he was guilty!

His web-site is obviously going to be bias towards his attempts at claiming innocence!

If you hadn't done anything wrong...why sneak out of the building via a fire escape???

So why did the girl accuse McDonald of rape?

#51 User is offline   City Gent 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostCrack, on 12 November 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

If he was one of the above he wouldnt be on the radio/tv/internet 24 hours a day either.

These public opinion interviews that are being carried out are ludicrous. Some random person gets a microphone stuck in front of them and the usual answer is "What about the girl, how will she feel seeing him on MOTD every Saturday?"

HE PLAYS FOR SHEFF UTD, THEY ARE NOT, EVER ON MOTD

#52 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:30 AM

View PostSpire-ite, on 12 November 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

They were allegedly the same "facts" used against his mate, who walked away.

his mate wasn't done because there was reasonable doubt cos she went to his hotel room with him she did go there with ched

and as for ched bull s*** . com its all lies and twisted truths 12 people put him away 3 court judges deemed he didn't have a case for appeal and a high court judge agreed with them

#53 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostCity Gent, on 12 November 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

So why did the girl accuse McDonald of rape?

the girl didn't accuse anyone of rape cheds brother videoed ched through the hotel window and text the video around someone reported it to the police . the police contacted the girl whose only stetment said I cant remember anything

#54 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostGoku, on 12 November 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

I think we're writing this in invisible ink tbh because it's certainly not sinking in.

if he had any sense he would have apologised for the way she has been treated by his friends and family and fans

because it wasn't her testimony that put him away

#55 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:47 AM

I think the whole affair is horrible and very sad, a number of people have had their lives and their families lives ruined or severely affected by the whole thing.

Should they decide to re-employ Mr Evans, I think Sheffield United will regret it.

I'd suggest his future football career would be better served in one of the Eastern European countries
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#56 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:48 AM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 12 November 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

the girl didn't accuse anyone of rape cheds brother videoed ched through the hotel window and text the video around someone reported it to the police . the police contacted the girl whose only stetment said I cant remember anything

So the police and not the girl pressed charges?
I didn't think it worked like that.
JRID

#57 User is offline   Xerxes 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 12 November 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

So the police and not the girl pressed charges?
I didn't think it worked like that.

why not? victims can't always press charges - as here, they may not remember or there may be other reasons - not many murder victims make an official complaint for example

#58 User is offline   Xerxes 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostJonB, on 12 November 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

Also i dont agree with the comparison of him being a doctor, teacher etc as you put...there are genuine reasons why he wouldnt be back in that sort of role but as it stands these dont exist for footballers. Now whether that is correct or not is a different argument but i for one dont buy this footballers are role models rubbish that gets thrown about. Yes a kid may want to be as good a player as someone but in terms of their moral upbringing thats in the hands of parents more than some random footballer!

Widening this out a bit...if you are stopping people with criminal records being footballers where do you draw the line? I suspect it wouldnt last two mins in a court if authorities tried to differentiate between different crimes and stop those found guilty of certain things from playing whilst letting others go back into football.

several points here - to your fist point, he should never have been released until he admitted the crime, if he denies it he should still be in jail. He has not served the full term.

Secondly, football clubs have a responsibility to their community, they are family oriented and are heavily involved with young children. Rapists should not be allowed to work in the industry.

Finally,you have not got a clue. Of course different crimes are treated differently, always have been and always will be. Drink drivers will not get a driving job and rapists will not teach children and should not play professional football.

Unusually, I feel sorry for the deedah supporters, it's one thing supporting a team nicknamed the Blades, another thing entirely to support a team known as the 'Rapists'

#59 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostXerxes, on 12 November 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

several points here - to your fist point, he should never have been released until he admitted the crime, if he denies it he should still be in jail. He has not served the full term.

Secondly, football clubs have a responsibility to their community, they are family oriented and are heavily involved with young children. Rapists should not be allowed to work in the industry.

Finally,you have not got a clue. Of course different crimes are treated differently, always have been and always will be. Drink drivers will not get a driving job and rapists will not teach children and should not play professional football.

Unusually, I feel sorry for the deedah supporters, it's one thing supporting a team nicknamed the Blades, another thing entirely to support a team known as the 'Rapists'

So, just to clarify, you feel convicted rapists should not be allowed in to 'family orientated' football club, but convicted killers are ok?

#60 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 12 November 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

I think the whole affair is horrible and very sad, a number of people have had their lives and their families lives ruined or severely affected by the whole thing.

Should they decide to re-employ Mr Evans, I think Sheffield United will regret it.

I'd suggest his future football career would be better served in one of the Eastern European countries

Why Eastern Europe? If he isn't fit to compete in the British leagues then he shouldn't be fit to compete anywhere. Unless your inferring something about Eastern Europeans
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

Share this topic:

• (45 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users