Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Ashley Carson............. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ashley Carson.............

#21 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

The lad Rowley is a real prospect. I'd like to see us go in for him in the summer in a reverse Clucas manouvre
Choo Choo

#22 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:41 PM

Trophy5, on 30 April 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

Any team can survive in League 2 regardless of quality if they have a bunch of players that are willing to put a shift in and can stick together and show a bit of fight.

I cant see that happening with you next year. The togetherness spreads from the boardroom downwards.

Im waiting for oddschecker to put up the relegation odds for next season - could be a real money spinner to back a chesterfield relegation.

If you and the rest of your 'fanbase' all chip in everything you can afford, you should be able to rustle up a tenner at least.

Turnips all round for the Morlocks if you cash in. #Winning

#23 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

moondog, on 30 April 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

Link to full interview here

http://www.peakfm.co.uk/sport/

Holy sh/tba//s, that was painful listening!

Quotes from AC:

DA values his shares at £6m? That would be the now smaller number of shares due to gifting (around) 250k to a family member and (around) 170k to AC. I need to get this right; he wants £2m more than he paid for them, despite giving away nearly half a million of them? Hmmm...

The Aussie bid has "too many if and buts" so we won't be proceeding with that. But a straight-up £10m was also not good enough. Hmmm...

So the value of the club has reduced due to relegation, but "hopefully" if we get back to L1, the value increases. But the new squad - GC's own squad that he will be judged on - will also need time to gel. Are the men at the top table enabling "hopefully" to happen by slashing the budget and not investing in the playing squad?

We're relying on players previously sold that have a sell-on clause to be sold. AC would like to think some of that money would go back into a pot. It would be nice to say to Gary "we can have a little spend". But what if the players aren't sold?

We've got to get out of 'bargain basement' and that's why it's my intention to earmark some money - but there is no money. Season tickets down, Ched-money gone on cash flow and running costs, no guarantee of sell-on clauses being activated. Cuckoo. You might as well tout young Rowley around now and see what you can get.

It's all if's and but and maybe's but there is a plan there. No there isn't! There's wishful thinking and the word 'hope' used many times. Is that really your plan? Sounds like you're trying to build a castle in the sand.

Mark Smith and his team work very hard. Then for God's sake leave them alone and make sure they get all the funding grants they're entitled to. Ring-fence the money so this years' list of debutants has more following them. If we're not buying players, we sure as hell need to develop them quickly.

Hopefully (that word again!) fans will get this horror season out of the way and then come back. Like that - at the drop of a hat? You have no idea...

Hopefully next week we can launch a new ticket. It will be at a discounted price, slightly more than a season ticket. Does that really make sense, Ashley? You can pre-book a seat if it's available and we believe our computer system is flexible enough to do that. If it's not - another I.T. overspend?

#24 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

Stockholm Spireite, on 30 April 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

Holy sh/tba//s, that was painful listening!

Quotes from AC:

DA values his shares at £6m? That would be the now smaller number of shares due to gifting (around) 250k to a family member and (around) 170k to AC. I need to get this right; he wants £2m more than he paid for them, despite giving away nearly half a million of them? Hmmm...

The Aussie bid has "too many if and buts" so we won't be proceeding with that. But a straight-up £10m was also not good enough. Hmmm...

So the value of the club has reduced due to relegation, but "hopefully" if we get back to L1, the value increases. But the new squad - GC's own squad that he will be judged on - will also need time to gel. Are the men at the top table enabling "hopefully" to happen by slashing the budget and not investing in the playing squad?

We're relying on players previously sold that have a sell-on clause to be sold. AC would like to think some of that money would go back into a pot. It would be nice to say to Gary "we can have a little spend". But what if the players aren't sold?

We've got to get out of 'bargain basement' and that's why it's my intention to earmark some money - but there is no money. Season tickets down, Ched-money gone on cash flow and running costs, no guarantee of sell-on clauses being activated. Cuckoo. You might as well tout young Rowley around now and see what you can get.

It's all if's and but and maybe's but there is a plan there. No there isn't! There's wishful thinking and the word 'hope' used many times. Is that really your plan? Sounds like you're trying to build a castle in the sand.

Mark Smith and his team work very hard. Then for God's sake leave them alone and make sure they get all the funding grants they're entitled to. Ring-fence the money so this years' list of debutants has more following them. If we're not buying players, we sure as hell need to develop them quickly.

Hopefully (that word again!) fans will get this horror season out of the way and then come back. Like that - at the drop of a hat? You have no idea...

Hopefully next week we can launch a new ticket. It will be at a discounted price, slightly more than a season ticket. Does that really make sense, Ashley? You can pre-book a seat if it's available and we believe our computer system is flexible enough to do that. If it's not - another I.T. overspend?

I suspect we'll get a taste of what's to come in the next few weeks. Key players - proven and obvious improvements ,then fine and will give everyone a lift but if its a nineteen year old from Peterhead then maybe not!

#25 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

Trophy5, on 30 April 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

Any team can survive in League 2 regardless of quality if they have a bunch of players that are willing to put a shift in and can stick together and show a bit of fight.

I cant see that happening with you next year. The togetherness spreads from the boardroom downwards.

Im waiting for oddschecker to put up the relegation odds for next season - could be a real money spinner to back a chesterfield relegation.

Might be worth a cheeky fiver

#26 User is offline   BozaSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

Why all of a sudden do mansfield fans think there big time ? There a mid table league 2 side at best ,fat man Evans will leave at the first decent offer from a league 1/ championship

This post has been edited by BozaSpireite: 30 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

#27 User is offline   BigBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

Wooly, on 30 April 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

The lad Rowley is a real prospect. I'd like to see us go in for him in the summer in a reverse Clucas manouvre

Hahahahaha give over.

#28 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:40 PM

BigBlue, on 30 April 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

Hahahahaha give over.

I watched him play twice last year for your ressies and he was your standout player. He's got a great career ahead of him that lad.
Choo Choo

#29 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

Trophy5, on 30 April 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

im not even on a wind up. I genuinely dont see how you will survive next season with your current ownership.

No-one will be wanting to sign for you.

The only hope you have is that you sign a bunch of kids that turn up trumps.

You are certainly on the wind up old boy. I thought your lot were League 1 bound? Bottled the crucial games again? Bottled it yesterday? 3000 empty seats for your biggest game in donkeys years? As woeful as we are from top to bottom, I think we both agree we'd both much rather be us than you.

#30 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:52 PM

Wooly, on 30 April 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

I watched him play twice last year for your ressies and he was your standout player. He's got a great career ahead of him that lad.

Wouldn't want to jeopardise that potential by signing for your lot then.

#31 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

Valley Blues, on 30 April 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Wouldn't want to jeopardise that potential by signing for your lot then.

Oh i'm not sure about that MTFC are a club on the up.
Choo Choo

#32 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

Wooly, on 30 April 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

Oh i'm not sure about that MTFC are a club on the up.

I had the misfortune of having to visit Field Mill for your game against Newport a few weeks ago and I have to say it was dire. We have been awful this season but I'm afraid we would have beat both yourselves and Newport at a canter. The gulf between Leagues 1 and 2 is big.

#33 User is offline   Tips M'Gee 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:football, arty stuff, music, holidays- lots of!

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:24 PM

Proper gaffer's man is old Ashley. Dave Allens lickspittle. I bet he would have been a UDM member. In fact I could see Ashley yes boss Carson as the Silver Fox!

Proper gaffer's man is old Ashley. Dave Allens lickspittle. I bet he would have been a UDM member. In fact I could see Ashley yes boss Carson as the Silver Fox!
Dancers are considered mad by those who cant hear music.

#34 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

Valley Blues, on 30 April 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

I had the misfortune of having to visit Field Mill for your game against Newport a few weeks ago and I have to say it was dire. We have been awful this season but I'm afraid we would have beat both yourselves and Newport at a canter. The gulf between Leagues 1 and 2 is big.

Your 5-0 and 4-0 losses against Wycombe and Luton suggests otherwise VB.
Choo Choo

#35 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:36 PM

Wooly, on 30 April 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Your 5-0 and 4-0 losses against Wycombe and Luton suggests otherwise VB.

I think you're quite sensible and I enjoy your, none wind up contributions, I agree with the previous post that the gulf between L1 and L2 is big, but that is in general..from what I've seen this season then anybody thinking we are nailed on for the play offs at least is deluded. Throw in the disgraceful way the club is being run then unless things change over the summer, yeah right, then we will be troubling the bottom half more often than the top half!
East stand second class citizen.

#36 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

Mr Mercury, on 30 April 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

I think you're quite sensible and I enjoy your, none wind up contributions, I agree with the previous post that the gulf between L1 and L2 is big, but that is in general..from what I've seen this season then anybody thinking we are nailed on for the play offs at least is deluded. Throw in the disgraceful way the club is being run then unless things change over the summer, yeah right, then we will be troubling the bottom half more often than the top half!

I agree, I'll be gobsmacked if we cement ourselves into the top half. Chances are our squad will be even worse next season as we will be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Our best hope is that we recruit a load of players that bond and want to play for each other and getting beat often doesn't knock all confidence out of them so they can bounce back. Massive ask if we have a load of cheap inexperienced kids again.
#notapennymore

#37 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:51 PM

We saw him play twice at Rainworth the 2nd game he played against 6 of your 1st team, he didn't look out of place and scored.
He's shown he has the bottle to play and perform well in front of massive crowds Bolton 23000 & Blades 31000, if he keeps progressing he will be in the Clucas class before long.
lindave

#38 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:01 PM

I agree 100% Lindave. A star in the making and good luck to him.
Choo Choo

#39 User is offline   BigBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

Lol I think you know what I was on about, Rowley will be gone somewhere probably in the next six months, one thing for sure it won't be to join Fatty Evans troop of pie eaters from over the motorway. 👍

#40 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

KevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 30 April 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

All 'jam tomorrow' talk isn't it!

We'll spend in January!? WTF!!!

How about spending in the summer Carson? Wouldn't that make more sense!?

Basically, all the 'we'll TRY to save so we can spend in January' nonsense should tell us what's going to happen over the summer. Not fecking much!

Whats the point in waiting till the January window before spending money on players

If that means the calibre of the recruits this summer is going to be similar to those in the last January window then heaven help us again next season

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users