• You cannot reply to this topic

Liam Graham Questions and Rumours Addressed

#41 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

View Postmoondog, on 27 April 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

That's fair enough the issue is CFC have disclosed, albeit not publicly, that Whitehawk were to pay half of Liam's wage but Dennis Bingham is disputing it with the bill remaining unpaid. I accept this is not Liam's fault. Maybe Liam's current agent can intervene if he was involved to ensure we are paid, the debt is over a year old.

I don't understand why Bingham would be involved in disputing an invoice if he's not Liam's agent and he's played no part in Liam coming to the UK.

Any idea why the contract between CFC and Whitehawk is lacking the clarity to be enforceable? It's not got 'lost' has it?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#42 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

View Postdim view, on 27 April 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

I don't understand why Bingham would be involved in disputing an invoice if he's not Liam's agent and he's played no part in Liam coming to the UK.

Any idea why the contract between CFC and Whitehawk is lacking the clarity to be enforceable? It's not got 'lost' has it?

Me neither

I don't think it's lacking any clarity to be enforceable, it can't get lost as a copy is lodged with the FA.

#43 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

View PostA.G, on 27 April 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

Hi Moondog,

Dennis was not involved in his loan deal to Whitehawk (although he supported the idea to get gametime), Liam's Agent arranged that (although he was not Liam's Agent at the time).

AG. Do you know for sure that Liam wasn't receiving payments from a 3rd party? "Sponsorship" could be paid directly to Liam, or indirectly via a company he has a stake in. A bit like the Carlos Tevez affair a few years back. It would keep the payments off Town's balance sheet. Not LG's problem if he had been/is doing, but could be for Town.
"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

#44 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:46 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 27 April 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

Someone moved your stone?

http://www.thecfss.c...dpost&p=1296060

If you could comment on this?

And while your at it, apologise for slurs against those who exposed scandals, perhaps you've seen it on the "questionable enterprise" thread?

We are seeing and hearing first hand accounts from someone here about how the club and certain individuals are conducting business at CFC let's not deflect back into a H again argument which takes focus of the real issue of the thread because to me this is very intriguing.

#45 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:47 PM

View Postmoondog, on 27 April 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

I'm told Liam will be invited back for a pre season trial. If Caldwell wants him Guy Branston will negotiate a fresh contract on the clubs behalf.

At Bury though he was forced to play left back when he's a right back

and he was up against their best player on the day.
lindave

#46 User is offline   Heart of a Niven 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:59 PM

I'm very confused but does any of this relate to the investigations and arrests yesterday. I just wondered whether this sudden burst of information from AG might be somebody looking to make sure they're not getting an early morning wake-up call in the future.

#47 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:15 PM

View Postdim view, on 27 April 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

Thanks A.G. A very welcome post.
I think it will be dissected very carefully over the next few days.
Just to clarify....
1. My reference to flights to the Middle East concerns those made by Chris Turner (and his missus).

2. I may be wrong but I believe there have been specific references at meetings with CFC management to a commercial relationship between Liam and Dennis Bingham.

3. I was shown a spreadsheet containing a list of players' wages.

What's being said; are the club possibly inflating the wage bill for some reason????

#48 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 27 April 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

What's being said; are the club possibly inflating the wage bill for some reason????

Darren Brown and his second contract stunt in reverse? Very interesting stuff this. Player says I am paid X. Club says player is paid X+? No wonder Carson doesn't want anyone to look at the accounts.
Keep digging gents. Don't let them off the hook.

#49 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

View PostThe Black Triangle, on 27 April 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

Darren Brown and his second contract stunt in reverse? Very interesting stuff this. Player says I am paid X. Club says player is paid X+? No wonder Carson doesn't want anyone to look at the accounts.
Keep digging gents. Don't let them off the hook.

So if that happened at a club, not ours of course, then the reported playing wage bill could be for example £1.8 million pounds, whereas the actual paid out playing wage bill might be £1.3 million pounds so that would be £500k floating about somewhere but hidden to the authorities in term of wages "paid"... very very interesting!
East stand second class citizen.

#50 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:38 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 27 April 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

So if that happened at a club, not ours of course, then the reported playing wage bill could be for example £1.8 million pounds, whereas the actual paid out playing wage bill might be £1.3 million pounds so that would be £500k floating about somewhere but hidden to the authorities in term of wages "paid"... very very interesting!

if a club was to say its wage bill was around, oh I don't know, 2.7'million, but only paid out 2 million you could "loan" money to cover any shortfall? Although I'm sure this sort of practice would not happen in football clubs, least of all ours.

#51 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:46 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 27 April 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

Indeed...but obviously not at CFC, under such transparent ownership/management, where various underhanded goings on haven't happened over the last few years...just wouldn't happen.

#52 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:33 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 27 April 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

This is all subjective 'cos I have no proof..
I was shown a spreadsheet containing the wages, from high to low, of the whole squad. SEB's name was at the top and his wage was way lower than some on here have claimed it to be. It's possible that the spreadsheet was bona fida. It's possible it was created for our meeting. It's possible that Liam's entry included an accommodation allowance added to his basic wage. It's possible I misread it although I was certain at the time. If Moondog says I got it wrong then I accept what he says. To be honest, the wage is insignificant compared to the other inconsistencies and mysteries thrown up by the rest of the thread.

A simple statement by Ashley will clear the whole thing up.

#53 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:37 PM

I think it's possible that this thread , albeit well intentioned, could well have done for Liam's CFC future.
East stand second class citizen.

#54 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:40 PM

From what I have seen of McGinn and Graham at RB there wouldn't - in L2 terms - be a great deal between them . McGinn is under contract, Graham isn't, but thats not to say Graham couldn't provide cover for a position or two and be potentially a good signing as a squad player.

#55 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:51 PM

View Postshaun1866, on 27 April 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

We are seeing and hearing first hand accounts from someone here about how the club and certain individuals are conducting business at CFC let's not deflect back into a H again argument which takes focus of the real issue of the thread because to me this is very intriguing.

Fair point though H is guilty of seizing on a message in the thread to make a sniper post, which doesn't do anything to progress the debate.

#56 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:01 PM

View Postdim view, on 27 April 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

I was shown a spreadsheet containing the wages, from high to low, of the whole squad. SEB's name was at the top and his wage was way lower than some on here have claimed it to be. It's possible that the spreadsheet was bona fida. It's possible it was created for our meeting. It's possible that Liam's entry included an accommodation allowance added to his basic wage. It's possible I misread it although I was certain at the time. If Moondog says I got it wrong then I accept what he says. To be honest, the wage is insignificant compared to the other inconsistencies and mysteries thrown up by the rest of the thread.

I didn't remember what Graham's wage was on that but have since been informed what it was as the Sponsorship was designed to cover it. It didn't because employers NI contributions weren't factored in and the rental cost wasn't included.

#57 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:29 PM

View Postdim view, on 27 April 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

Recite it to the best you can with descriptions

Bit part former good champs striker -2800
Nice but injured -2700

#58 User is offline   Pedro 66 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:11 AM

lindave said:

1493314504[/url]' post='[url="tel:<a href="tel:1299046">1299046</a>"]1299046[/url]']
He wouldn't be my first choice of fullback, he got skinned at Bury.However I've seen him play quite a few times in the past year for the reserves and after afull pre season training he does have the potential to be a decent L2 player, probably in midfield, he can get a good cross in, tough tackler and decent shot.

To be fair Dave (from memory) wasn't that the day he filled in at LEFT back? As you say he was not comfortable in that role and is clearly more happy on the RHS.

<div>Oops just seen other responses confirming this. Cheers</div>

This post has been edited by Pedro 66: 28 April 2017 - 01:13 AM

#59 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:55 AM

What we we gain from overiflating the wage bill? Surely players contracts will contain the real amounts being paid anyway so any discern the of the size of 500k for example as mentioned would be highlighted? Also what if a player saw this list and spotted they were getting paid less than the club claimed, surely they would use this against the club? Don't really get it but sounds dodgy..

Or is it the case that one list seen by Moondog is the basic salary and the other included bonuses etc? I know for a fact one player is one bonuses for winning, clean sheets and maybe appearances which add up to a tidy sum if we have a good weekend.

Also regards Whitehawk, was this known before about the dispute? First I've heard of it. Have we basically invoiced them for a percentage of LGs wages at the end of the loan spell and the Be refused to pay it claiming we were meant to pay them all? Surely the loan contract would clear this up immediately..are we owed money then? Will they be listed as a creditor/debtor in our accounts?

Sorry for all the questions just trying best to get a basic understanding of what's going on but something doesn't sound right to me.

Good luck to Liam btw, thought despite the **** taking on here regards his arrival and situation at the club he looked a decent player in a very average side. Hope the recovery goes wel and he gets fixed up either here or elsewhere.

#60 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:38 AM

View Postmoondog, on 27 April 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Me neither

I don't think it's lacking any clarity to be enforceable, it can't get lost as a copy is lodged with the FA.

Bingham must then be acting for Liam in some other capacity.

What is Bingham disputing? Does he want Whitehawk to pay the full wages, or no wages? Bingham obviously currently indirectly or directly derives an income from CFC.

I wonder if Graham at the DT would give Whitehawk a ring?

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users