Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: If Lambs Only Benchwarmer What Goods He Gunna Be - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

If Lambs Only Benchwarmer What Goods He Gunna Be

#1 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

lambs sad on bench not getting game time why have him , lets get a decent striker not relying on one doyle to score goals all time

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:23 AM

I must say I don't really understand the signing if we're not going to use him whatsoever.

#3 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

He's being used in training and I suspect we'll never see him play for us.

#4 Guest_NOKIN_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:44 PM

The rules state we can only have 11 players on the pitch at any one time. Play Lamb, bench who in his place, Doyle?

#5 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostNOKIN, on 22 October 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

The rules state we can only have 11 players on the pitch at any one time. Play Lamb, bench who in his place, Doyle?

Well surely the lad is an option as sub? According to everyone who went last night Doyle was well marshalled by their CBs so I don't think it'd be a hugely contraversial decision to bring a different striker on in an attempt to make a difference.

#6 Guest_NOKIN_*

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:58 PM

That's down to Paul Cook to be fair. He has his reasons why he keeps him on the bench and like the old saying goes, he sees him training everyday.

It's all about opinions but Paul Cook's is the one that counts. For all we know he may well believe bringing him in was a mistake. Not playing him could be a mistake but it would take a very brave man to pull Doyle of considering his goal scoring prowess so far this season. If Cook thinks he shouldn't start he shouldn't start or be brought on. Over the many years of watching town I've seen mangers bring in players and play them to ease pressure from the fans and it always seems to end in a mess.

#7 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

Yeah I get you, I just don't really see why we've signed him in all honesty. I remember a Cook interview and he was saying he was after a striker and this lad Lamb came in on trial and scored... 5 goals in 2 reserve games I think, so he thought "I can hardly let the lad go after doing that can I". It seems to me like he felt obliged to give him a deal but had no real intention of giving him pitch time. I'm sure he's costing us next to nowt but it's just a bit of an odd one for me.

#8 Guest_NOKIN_*

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostGoku, on 22 October 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Yeah I get you, I just don't really see why we've signed him in all honesty. I remember a Cook interview and he was saying he was after a striker and this lad Lamb came in on trial and scored... 5 goals in 2 reserve games I think, so he thought "I can hardly let the lad go after doing that can I". It seems to me like he felt obliged to give him a deal but had no real intention of giving him pitch time. I'm sure he's costing us next to nowt but it's just a bit of an odd one for me.

I agree, it is odd. But maybe Cook is not confident in his ability but were (god forbid) Doyle to be stretchered off then he may well be worth a punt.

#9 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostGoku, on 22 October 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

He scored a few goals in a couple of reserve fixtures, so he was worth looking at again. To look at him again you would need to sign him to stop him going elsewhere. We signed him on a non contract basis so it wont really cost us anything. If Cook thinks he isn't up to L1 standard he leaves in Jan and no one has lost out.

A new hope.

#10 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostNOKIN, on 22 October 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

did i say that i said as goku said he was well marshalled dint do owt so why not put him on

#11 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:44 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 22 October 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

did i say that i said as goku said he was well marshalled dint do owt so why not put him on

I would be tempted to look at Using Gardner as a striker to either change to 4-4-2 or replace Doyle.
A new hope.

#12 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

Crewe just signed Danny Haynes on a months loan from County. This is someone who has spent most of his career at Championship level and still only 26.

And we're stuck with Carl Lamb.

#13 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 22 October 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

Crewe just signed Danny Haynes on a months loan from County. This is someone who has spent most of his career at Championship level and still only 26.

And we're stuck with Carl Lamb.

Are we really 'stuck' with him? He's hardly eating up wages or a squad place
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#14 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:25 PM

He's not being paid a penny by us, so he's hardly using up any wages! And if we do need to throw him on, and he bags a couple, it's a winning situation!
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users