Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Starting To Struggle - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Starting To Struggle

#21 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:18 PM

View Postmoondog, on 21 October 2014 - 08:57 PM, said:

Gardner hasn't had the opportunity this season to flatter

Yes I thought that was a bit strange

He'll be calling for Armand to be recalled next
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#22 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:39 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 21 October 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

No 1 caller on peak. I was going to go on Saturday but now we are in free fall I will give it a miss. Well get nowt against the saddlers.

You sound like a spoilt kid, spitting out the dummy when things dont go your way. As a fan of a small club you should be used to setbacks by now. Or just go and watch Chelsea or Man City

#23 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:30 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 21 October 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

Well we can play as much good football as we like but that is one win in seven. Starting to struggle. Defensively we are poor and we always concede at the start of the second half or in the last five minutes. Not mentally strong enough. The decision not to recruit properly could yet come back to haunt us and we are dropping like a stone. Ill take fifth bottom now.

we are a decent midtable side. we are not good or consistent enough to go up, nor are we so rubbish to go down. we try to play good football, and we try to entertain, so its not all bad.

we lost a lot of money last year and the decision to reign things in was the correct one for the long term future of this football club.

View PostWalton Spireite, on 21 October 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

Where is the next win coming from.

Roberts and Dan Gardner on saturday
A new hope.

#24 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:41 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 21 October 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

No 1 caller on peak. I was going to go on Saturday but now we are in free fall I will give it a miss. Well get nowt against the saddlers.

If you do go on the radio state your point and get off its boring when you reword what you have to say but say the same things repeatedly. Just a little constructive criticism

#25 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:48 AM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 21 October 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

Give over I am a first team player on this forum.

Just shows team selections can be wrong!
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#26 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:03 AM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 21 October 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

Well we can play as much good football as we like but that is one win in seven. Starting to struggle. Defensively we are poor and we always concede at the start of the second half or in the last five minutes. Not mentally strong enough. The decision not to recruit properly could yet come back to haunt us and we are dropping like a stone. Ill take fifth bottom now.

Wasn't it around this time last year we had poor run of results? You know, due to changes in the team (selection, injury, etc) - much like now? Defensive partnerships being built and understanding takes time (Cooper and Hird, Evatt and Cooper last year), now Evo and Cooper/Hird/Raglan/Pizzaman...

We can't always play to the same high standards as we set out with. Sometimes I think we become spoiled by what we see and expect our players to be like those at the top of the tree. Other posters have always asked for perspective, and some is needed here. We're in a better position than most thought we might be in.

We have to enjoy it, absorb the losses when they come, and understand what's happening in the cycle of the season and expect that not every game will be 3 points for us. We'll lose 2 points when we should take all three, we'll steal 1 or 3 points sometimes when we don't "deserve" it.

Every express train pulls into a a station, some get delayed, others derailed. Right now, I think we're the little engine that could

This post has been edited by Stockholm Spireite: 22 October 2014 - 06:10 AM

#27 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

We've been getting plaudits from opposition fans and managers alike for being one of the best teams Theyve played. One bad result and performance and we get threads started like this? Sheesh

We're conceding too many goals and we can't play well every game. Having dips in a season is a natural part of the game.

We're doing well, a mid table side who play good stuff, but have a leaky defence. Plenty to work on, just need to pick up some clean sheets and become a little harder to beat.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#28 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:43 AM

View PostPhil V 72, on 22 October 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

We've been getting plaudits from opposition fans and managers alike for being one of the best teams Theyve played. One bad result and performance and we get threads started like this? Sheesh

We're conceding too many goals and we can't play well every game. Having dips in a season is a natural part of the game.

We're doing well, a mid table side who play good stuff, but have a leaky defence. Plenty to work on, just need to pick up some clean sheets and become a little harder to beat.

1 win in 7 and frustration at not being able to 7, people IMO have a right to be worried.

As I said last night, fail to win our next two and we'll be sucked into the relegation battle.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#29 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

View PostThe Rec, on 21 October 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

What a surprise....................

it were freezing walton last night u wouldnt have enjoyed it :windup

#30 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 22 October 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

1 win in 7 and frustration at not being able to 7, people IMO have a right to be worried.

As I said last night, fail to win our next two and we'll be sucked into the relegation battle.

I didn't get carried away when people were saying we were going to make the play-offs and I'm not going to start fearing relegation when we have a run of poor results.

We are doing OK, nothing more, nothing less - room for improvement yes, I have faith in the management team
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#31 User is offline   Tips M'Gee 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:football, arty stuff, music, holidays- lots of!

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

[quote name='a kick in the balls' timestamp='1413934212' post='1048872']
we are a decent midtable side. we are not good or consistent enough to go up, nor are we so rubbish to go down. we try to play good football, and we try to entertain, so its not all bad.

we lost a lot of money last year and the decision to reign things in was the correct one for the long term future of this football club.

Agree (normally do with you Death tbh,) to use the old cliche "Rome wasn't built in a day"
Dancers are considered mad by those who cant hear music.

#32 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

The euphoria of being champions is now well and truly over, the real work now begins! We were on a crest of a wave from last season and now we are flapping on the beach with the rest of the league one fish! Cookie has to develop this team now to dig in and grind out a few results. I feel that come the new year window the team will be unrecognisable from the one that started this campaign. One or two seem to be riding on past exploits and arnt moving on with the ambition that Cookie and Rico have!
Big changes are on the agenda!

#33 User is offline   spyright 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

I guess we're all disappointed with the recent run of form but I still don't see us being sucked into a relegation dogfight. No-one has ripped us apart so far this season and with one or two good signings in the New Year window I think we'll be fine. I started this season expecting us to consolidate with a mid-table position and I see no reason to change that expectation.
If nothing acts faster than anadin, why do we buy anadin?

#34 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:21 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 22 October 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

Relegation is usually an agenda item for teams that can't score enough. Our problem is at the other end but is unlikely to kill us.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users