• You cannot reply to this topic

Evans's Appeal

#21 User is offline   Billy Bob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 22 October 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

Anyone else seen that video released today with him talking to the camera and his Missus looking glum?

Yep....it proved he can read if nowt else! Doesnt sound the brightest spark though does he !

#22 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:16 AM

He comes across as somebody whos just ashamed he got caught/found out.
East stand second class citizen.

#23 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:51 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 22 October 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

Anyone else seen that video released today with him talking to the camera and his Missus looking glum?

Not being funny, but if you were in a relationship & you did what he did (& he had sex with this woman)...why oh why would your girlfriend still be with you??
Frig me i went to a lap dancing club once & my girlfiend (ex might i add) went frigging mental!!

It's shameful the the word 'sorry' never came out of his mouth!

#24 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 23 October 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

Not being funny, but if you were in a relationship & you did what he did (& he had sex with this woman)...why oh why would your girlfriend still be with you??
Frig me i went to a lap dancing club once & my girlfiend (ex might i add) went frigging mental!!

Why is she staying with the millionaire footballer Ched Evans?
(To paraphrase Mrs Merton)

#25 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:11 AM

I USED TO DO LAP DANCING I GOT SACKED FOR ROLLING OF THE TABLE :wacko:

#26 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:31 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 23 October 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

Why is she staying with the millionaire footballer Ched Evans?
(To paraphrase Mrs Merton)

she his worth more than him so its not that

#27 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

oh you have much to learn :lol: :ninja:

#28 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:51 AM

Would you apologise if you genuinely thought you hadn't done anything wrong?
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#29 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

I'm not saying he's innocent but one thing about this case does puzzle me.

The whole prosecution case was about the women being to drunk to consent to sex. Why then did the jury find one man not guity? Are they saying she was not drunk enough to consent to sex with him and then too drunk to consent to sex with Evans? Or am I missing something?
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#30 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

View Postborn in 1866, on 23 October 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

The whole prosecution case was about the women being to drunk to consent to sex. Why then did the jury find one man not guity? Are they saying she was not drunk enough to consent to sex with him and then too drunk to consent to sex with Evans? Or am I missing something?

Yeah that's the bit I still don't get. Her getting in a cab with McDonald and going to a hotel room with him is not a sign of consent - don't get me wrong, it's pretty obvious what was gonna happen between those two but she can't remember a thing, how does she know whether she consented to him or not? The whole one man banged up, the other one free thing confuses me.

#31 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

View Postborn in 1866, on 23 October 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

Clayton traveled back with her in a taxi to the hotel room, he phoned Evans to tell him what he was doing. Clayton had sex with the woman then Evans arrived later and too had sex.

It might be that there was reasonable doubt concerning consent for Clayton but not for the second act when Evans only met his victim again when she was unconscious or close to that state.
Peter Whiteley

#32 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostGoku, on 23 October 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

Yeah that's the bit I still don't get. Her getting in a cab with McDonald and going to a hotel room with him is not a sign of consent - don't get me wrong, it's pretty obvious what was gonna happen between those two but she can't remember a thing, how does she know whether she consented to him or not? The whole one man banged up, the other one free thing confuses me.

i think she went back with him cos he wanted to share his BIG MAC ?

#33 User is offline   stocko_93 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:37 AM

Theres only 1 Ched Evans!!

#34 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:53 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 23 October 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Clayton traveled back with her in a taxi to the hotel room, he phoned Evans to tell him what he was doing. Clayton had sex with the woman then Evans arrived later and too had sex.

It might be that there was reasonable doubt concerning consent for Clayton but not for the second act when Evans only met his victim again when she was unconscious or close to that state.

Quite right. The woman had every right to consent to an evening of casual sex with a single stranger. A common occurence. It's a totally different kettle of fish to assume that the woman would also consent to group sex with two strangers.
For me, the interesting bit is that the judge seems to have implied in his direction that the woman could have been given more drink/drugs in the hotel room. There was no evidence to support this stance and it was possibly the only explanation which would counter the defence claim that she should actually have been sobering up during the experience rather than passing out. Certainly, the video proves that she wasn't legless.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#35 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:21 PM

View Postdim view, on 23 October 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

Quite right. The woman had every right to consent to an evening of casual sex with a single stranger. A common occurence. It's a totally different kettle of fish to assume that the woman would also consent to group sex with two strangers.
For me, the interesting bit is that the judge seems to have implied in his direction that the woman could have been given more drink/drugs in the hotel room. There was no evidence to support this stance and it was possibly the only explanation which would counter the defence claim that she should actually have been sobering up during the experience rather than passing out. Certainly, the video proves that she wasn't legless.

Totally agree with your first point about consenting to the first guy and going back with him for a bit of rumpty.
But the tox report showed she did have drugs in her system, cocaine and dope, I think, but the report stated that they were three days old, so no drugs were consumed on the night in question, plus there where no empty cans or bottles in the room and no video evidence of drinks being taken in or empties being removed.

Then Ched turns up on the scene so she must have been sobering up, It doesn't necessarily mean she consented to some afters with him but my point is. How can the prosecution claim she was unfit to consent to one and not the other, unless she stated that she said no to Evans, but she didn't because she can't remember, she didn't go to the police so I don't know how they got involved.

Again, I'm not proclaiming his innocence in this as I did not sit through the trial but it just doesn't seem to add up.
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#36 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM

View Postdim view, on 23 October 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

How come? She could just as easily consent to that.

#37 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 23 October 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

He sent a text to Evans.

The Evans is innocent web says the text was - "I am with a girl" - "with"? it implies he is with a "partner". "girl" implies respect.

He actually said "I've got a bird"

Not "with" - but "got". Got, Owned, Thing. Not "Girl" but "bird" again its "thing". Think about what the phrase "Got a Bird" actually means, when compared to "with a girl" - and then what does that mean to a "sexual predator" who receives the text?

Why is the `Evans is innocent` campaign lying about the exact nature/content of the text? Because they are fully aware of what the wording implies, and exactly how Evans would have interpreted that wording.

He may as well have said, she still got a pulse mate, come over and have a go after I've done. And that's exactly what Evans did.

Now look at what Evans did. and think about him receiving the text "I've got a bird"=

If what you are planning on sh@gging is so hammered that the next day, she has no memory at all of what happened, then really a responsive human being wasn’t really what you were looking for.

An inflatable would have served the same purpose, and probably have been treated with a bit more respect.

A new hope.

#38 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:46 PM

View Postborn in 1866, on 23 October 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

Totally agree with your first point about consenting to the first guy and going back with him for a bit of rumpty.
But the tox report showed she did have drugs in her system, cocaine and dope, I think, but the report stated that they were three days old, so no drugs were consumed on the night in question, plus there where no empty cans or bottles in the room and no video evidence of drinks being taken in or empties being removed.

Then Ched turns up on the scene so she must have been sobering up, It doesn't necessarily mean she consented to some afters with him but my point is. How can the prosecution claim she was unfit to consent to one and not the other, unless she stated that she said no to Evans, but she didn't because she can't remember, she didn't go to the police so I don't know how they got involved.

Again, I'm not proclaiming his innocence in this as I did not sit through the trial but it just doesn't seem to add up.

there are drugs out there that don't show in your system after a few hours .

cheds brother videoed it through the hotel window and sent it to people in the area

#39 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:52 PM

What sort of man wants his own brother to watch (never mind film) him shggng a girl (unconcious) also in front of anothet guy (and after another guy had already had sx with her??

That's Sheffield I guess for you (or Wales).

#40 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostGoku, on 23 October 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

the jury didn't say that McDonald didn't rape her but there was reasonable doubt that he didn't with here going back to his hotel room

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users