You can.

#42 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:44 AM

View Postdim view, on 07 May 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

What a fantastic night.

The sacking or indeed resignation of the Barca manager must follow shortly. I'm not sure Coutinho touched the ball in the entire match. Full backs no longer world class. Suarez can only succeed by cheating.

Barca need to be careful or they could find themselves needing a very big makeover to stay on top of their game. Few players just starting to reach the latter stages of their career and for all the talent in some of the others its still all about Messi really.

View PostGoku, on 08 May 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

Indeed. Great bit of quick thinking. Can’t wait to see more of him in an England shirt, hopefully once Walker eventually starts declining TAA will be our first choice RB for many years. Just wish Andy Robertson was English (but Chilwell looks good too tbf).

Chilwell looks very good, if you saw the post final whistle celebrations after City won on Monday Pep was having a very long chat with him presumably tapping him up for next season. He's already been linked with them and they could probably do with a left back.

#43 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:53 AM

View PostJonB, on 08 May 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

Barca need to be careful or they could find themselves needing a very big makeover to stay on top of their game. Few players just starting to reach the latter stages of their career and for all the talent in some of the others its still all about Messi really.

I missed the post match analysis. Is Suarez eligible for further disciplinary action cos he deliberately kicked Robertson and everybody missed it?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#44 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:20 AM

I supported Liverpool before I supported Town. It was the 77 FA cup final and I was surrounded by United fans so I decided to back Liverpool! They’ve been second to Chesterfield since 1979.

#45 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

View Postdim view, on 08 May 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

I missed the post match analysis. Is Suarez eligible for further disciplinary action cos he deliberately kicked Robertson and everybody missed it?

If the rules for UEFA comps are the same as our domestic ones then if the ref has missed it then UEFA could in theory issue retrospective action if they deem fit to do so.

#46 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:39 AM

View PostJonB, on 08 May 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

Chilwell looks very good, if you saw the post final whistle celebrations after City won on Monday Pep was having a very long chat with him presumably tapping him up for next season. He's already been linked with them and they could probably do with a left back.

Haha that doesn’t surprise me at all. I’m fine with it, the better club he plays at the better he’ll get = a better player for the National team. Pep’d bring him on nicely.

#47 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:50 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 07 May 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

Klopp is without doubt the best football manager around in the world

A true man manager to get the best out of any player

But turns into Warnock when he doesn't win. Ref, wind, pitch, injuries etc

#48 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:52 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 08 May 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

No different to most managers in that regard.....

#49 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:54 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 08 May 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

He didn't last week against Barcelona and the only league defeat this season at Man City, he didn't either. I find him very likeable and honest as I do Pep.

#50 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:55 AM

View PostGoku, on 08 May 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

Haha that doesn’t surprise me at all. I’m fine with it, the better club he plays at the better he’ll get = a better player for the National team. Pep’d bring him on nicely.

You would think him at left back and TAA at right back in the national side would do us well.

#51 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:01 AM

View PostRN Blue, on 08 May 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

He didn't last week against Barcelona and the only league defeat this season at Man City, he didn't either. I find him very likeable and honest as I do Pep.

I think he’s marmite.

Let’s hope Spurs can turn it around and have 2 English clubs in the final as the ruling body won’t like that.

This post has been edited by Ernie Ernie Ernie: 08 May 2019 - 09:04 AM

#52 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:44 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 08 May 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

I think he’s marmite.

Let’s hope Spurs can turn it around and have 2 English clubs in the final as the ruling body won’t like that.

The ruling body like whatever makes them the most money, I suppose.
These go to eleven.

#53 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:49 AM

I think he’s marmite.

Especially when both Arsenal and Chelsea make it to the Europa League final. Its a shame Platini got himself banned and isnt still president as he will be spitting feathers over it!!

Tickets for the Champions League final will be fun, being held at the new Atletico Madrid stadium which has a capacity just shy of 68,000. The way UEFA divvy things up means the clubs get just over half between them so each club will only get 17,000 each. 4000 are available to the "general public" then the remaining 25,500 are allocated to "the local organising committee, UEFA and national associations, commercial partners and broadcasters" so basically all those that throw the most money at UEFA!!

Europa league final is in Baku and has a slightly different split for a similar size stadium :-
"Given the net stadium capacity of 64,000, a total amount of 37,500 tickets are being made available to fans worldwide via UEFA.com. The number of tickets reserved for supporters of the two finalists will be confirmed in due course, with the remaining tickets being allocated to the local organising committee, national associations, commercial partners and broadcasters, and to serve the corporate hospitality programme"

That game will also kick off at 11pm local time so it can be shown around the majority of Europe at 9pm and 8pm here.

This post has been edited by JonB: 08 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

#54 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:58 AM

I think he’s marmite.

Liverpool winning was the right thing for football, they are a very talented team coached by a great manager and their performances are worthy of a champions league final. Seeing the same old Barca back there would have been a kick in the teeth,

Ajax winning would be the right thing for football. They play in a league where any player remotely talented is hoovered up by the big leagues and yet have still managed to produce a team full of home grown talent supplemented by the right amount of experience. They are going to lose all their best players this summer so it'd be nice to see them go on and win it all.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#55 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:06 AM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 08 May 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

Ajax winning would be the right thing for football. They play in a league where any player remotely talented is hoovered up by the big leagues and yet have still managed to produce a team full of home grown talent supplemented by the right amount of experience. They are going to lose all their best players this summer so it'd be nice to see them go on and win it all.

I said similar about Ajax recently and whilst it would be funny to have an all english final, Ajax being there would be good as well. It would be really good to see them back at the heights they've achieved in the past and European football could do with a strong Ajax team. They cant compete with the riches of other bigger clubs and they lose some serious players abroad...it'll happen again this summer with clubs poking around what they have and hopefully they can continue some sort of success after this and not do what Monaco did where they had a good year and then lost all the talent and have struggled since.

#56 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:12 AM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 08 May 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

Liverpool winning was the right thing for football, they are a very talented team coached by a great manager and their performances are worthy of a champions league final. Seeing the same old Barca back there would have been a kick in the teeth,

These are the correct answers. What Ajax are doing is excellent.

This post has been edited by Goku: 08 May 2019 - 10:13 AM

#57 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:15 AM

Home grown, apart from the Brazilian, the Serbian, the Argentinian and the 3 Danes,
And not to overlook the fact that Ajax can still hoover up the very best Dutch kids.
Notwithstanding it is indeed an outstanding achievement in this world where only money and huge transfer fees can buy success at the top level.

This post has been edited by 60s 70s Spireite: 08 May 2019 - 10:15 AM

#58 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

View PostJonB, on 08 May 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

I said similar about Ajax recently and whilst it would be funny to have an all english final, Ajax being there would be good as well. It would be really good to see them back at the heights they've achieved in the past and European football could do with a strong Ajax team. They cant compete with the riches of other bigger clubs and they lose some serious players abroad...it'll happen again this summer with clubs poking around what they have and hopefully they can continue some sort of success after this and not do what Monaco did where they had a good year and then lost all the talent and have struggled since.

Exactly. They're already losing one to Barca for 62 million. Having a team that invests heavily in it's youth systems and believes in homegrown talent, hell the captain is only 19, winning the champions league sends out the message that you don't have to pay hundreds of millions out on already made stars to achieve success at the highest level. It's the way football should be done a lot more.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#59 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:29 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 08 May 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

Home grown, apart from the Brazilian, the Serbian, the Argentinian and the 3 Danes,
And not to overlook the fact that Ajax can still hoover up the very best Dutch kids.
Notwithstanding it is indeed an outstanding achievement in this world where only money and huge transfer fees can buy success at the top level.

Isnt one of those a guy who was kicked out of Southampton for not being good enough. They will face competition for the best of the Dutch talent with PSV and Feyenoord to an extent as well.

#60 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:55 AM

View PostMarkham94Cfc, on 07 May 2019 - 09:02 PM, said:

I'm hoping for Ajax to be there.

I'm definitely not!

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »