• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My Summary

#1 User is offline   Martyg 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

The 1st half was so frustrating everybody in the ground could see the problem was with humpherys down the left so why did cook take so long in changing it?
Raglan looked shakey 1st half but that was to be expected.
Boco needs to miss a couple of games in midfield he did nothing today. Can he play left back????
o'shea changes the game today and a Preston needs to start next week instead of boco
Armand also had a positive effect today until he decided to square a ball in the box to nobody instead of shooting
Darikwa does everything right to the last minute, his crossing stills leaves a lot to be desired very frustrating to watch.

When the 2nd lot of changes happened the team changed and we looked like winners. But conceding 6 goals in 2 games isn't good.
At the beginning of the season you told me I would be worried about are defence rather than are attack I would have called u a liar.
It's not sticking!!!

#2 User is offline   c01985 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

Once Jones and a CB is back fit things will improve defensively.. going forward we are quality. Looking forward to every game atm. Bring on the Pies!

#3 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostMartyg, on 20 September 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

The 1st half was so frustrating everybody in the ground could see the problem was with humpherys down the left so why did cook take so long in changing it?
Boco needs to miss a couple of games in midfield he did nothing today. Can he play left back????
o'shea changes the game today and a Preston needs to start next week instead of boco
Armand also had a positive effect today until he decided to square a ball in the box to nobody instead of shooting
Darikwa does everything right to the last minute, his crossing stills leaves a lot to be desired very frustrating to watch.

When the 2nd lot of changes happened the team changed and we looked like winners. But conceding 6 goals in 2 games isn't good.
At the beginning of the season you told me I would be worried about are defence rather than are attack I would have called u a liar.

:wacko: Our first choice back four are strong but still have "bloopers",getting away with them is key.When we lose 2 of them together that presents a challenge.Evo was having to keep an eye on Raglans positioning as well as handling his own tasks.There was little understanding between Humph and Clucas and all the threats to us came down that flank.When we changed things in the 2nd half it was overdue but we had chances to not only get level but to go on and win. :blink:
Many a good tune

#4 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

The problem today was a 38 year old lb and an 18 year old CB. One really needs to hang his boots up and the other needs to learn his trade with the youth team. Is broadhead not a better alternative? I ask this as I have yet to see him play. Shame we allowed Brown to leave, I thought he had real potential
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#5 User is offline   KevoBMMD 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostMartyg, on 20 September 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

At the beginning of the Season if you told me Doyle would score 12 Goals in 8 Games I would have had you certified.

#6 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:25 PM

View Postfishini, on 20 September 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

The problem today was a 38 year old lb and an 18 year old CB. One really needs to hang his boots up and the other needs to learn his trade with the youth team. Is broadhead not a better alternative? I ask this as I have yet to see him play. Shame we allowed Brown to leave, I thought he had real potential

Spot on. Humphries has been a great pro but he was found out big style today. I was not impressed at all withRaglan.

#7 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

After being back for a while and looking back after the euphoria of a fantastic 2nd half, I have to ask have we missed a trick here. Donny have been on the ropes from the start of this season and I felt were there for the taking. We were too conservative in the first half, stood off and the midfield were over protective of our back four, perhaps it was the fact that Raglan was in there and Humphreys was a little off the pace. This gave them the initiative and they ran it from the whistle to the break. Humphreys has probably come back a game or two too early.
And then what can be said about the second half!! Perhaps the most entertaining 45mins I've seen this season. Cookie must have some magic sugar in the tea or summat, they were all over them like a rash. I'd like to see Armand's disalowed goal. I thought his run was perfect.
We had a soft centre today at the back which was the difference between winning and losing in the end.
In all I'd say we were unlucky not to get at least a point today.

This post has been edited by djs: 20 September 2014 - 07:45 PM

#8 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

View Postdjs, on 20 September 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

After being back for a while and looking back after the euphoria of a fantastic 2nd half, I have to ask have we missed a trick here. Donny have been on the ropes from the start of this season and I felt were there for the taking. We were too conservative in the first half, stood off and the midfield were over protective of our back four, perhaps it was the fact that Raglan was in there and Humphreys was a little off the pace. This gave them the initiative and they ran it from the whistle to the break. Humphreys has probably come back a game or two too early.
And then what can be said about the second half!! Perhaps the most entertaining 45mins I've seen this season. Cookie must have some magic sugar in the tea or summat, they were all over them like a rash. I'd like to see Armand's disalowed goal. I thought his run was perfect.
We had a soft centre today at the back which was the difference between winning and losing in the end.

The defence is a major concern the loss of jones is a massive blow. The timing of the goals ie we keep conceding early on in games lack of concentration.

#9 Guest_djs_*

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:45 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 20 September 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

The defence is a major concern the loss of jones is a massive blow. The timing of the goals ie we keep conceding early on in games lack of concentration.

I have to say any injuries in that area are a big concern, for later in the season!

#10 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

View Postdjs, on 20 September 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

A score of 6-5 to us would have been about right on the balance of play - which when you consider that we had a kid making his debut at CB, a makeshift LB, and we lost our most influential midfielder early on was a brilliant performance.
Always disappointing to lose, but I almost came away with a smile on me face. A performance of tremendous character to confirm Preston wasn't just a one-off.

#11 Guest_djs_*

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

View Posth again, on 20 September 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

A score of 6-5 to us would have been about right on the balance of play - which when you consider that we had a kid making his debut at CB, a makeshift LB, and we lost our most influential midfielder early on was a brilliant performance.
Always disappointing to lose, but I almost came away with a smile on me face. A performance of tremendous character to confirm Preston wasn't just a one-off.

Raglan played at Port Vale and Scunny h, and Hump has played a large number of times in that area. Raglan is a youngster still learning his trade and inexperience against the likes of Tyson was his main problem today. He'll have learnt a lot today without doubt. He was much better second half, slow to anticipate at time today but that will come as he plays more games.

#12 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:20 PM

View Postdjs, on 20 September 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

Raglan played at Port Vale and Scunny h, and Hump has played a large number of times in that area. Raglan is a youngster still learning his trade and inexperience against the likes of Tyson was his main problem today. He'll have learnt a lot today without doubt. He was much better second half, slow to anticipate at time today but that will come as he plays more games.

Stating the blindingly obvious here, what you failed to say that the hump is well past it now as shown today big style, raglan young and well out of his depth today, he may become a good player in the future but not ready yet. These two players were the main reasons why we defended today like we did
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#13 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:27 PM

View Postdjs, on 20 September 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

Got me bang to rights, mi duck. Alright, his first start in the league - and it was a pretty ropey one first half, but he grew into it. On very slim evidence I think he'll be a useful player.
The bloke I feel sorry for is Evatt - not only does he seem to play alongside a different CB every week, he has to nurse them into the team as well.
As for Richie Humphreys, I really don't think he was ready to come back. That's about the slowest I've ever seen him. It may be that the years are catching up, but more likely it's just the result of a longish lay-off. Jones was a bit injury-prone at Port Vale - if he has that problem for us we're in the doo-doo.

#14 Guest_djs_*

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

View Postfishini, on 20 September 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

Stating the blindingly obvious here, what you failed to say that the hump is well past it now as shown today big style, raglan young and well out of his depth today, he may become a good player in the future but not ready yet. These two players were the main reasons why we defended today like we did

He ain't getting any younger that's for sure. This year could well be his swan song. And his recovery will take longer. A couple of games too early really to bring him in. But there wasn't any other real alternative.

#15 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:33 PM

View Postfishini, on 20 September 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Raglan's 21

#16 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:32 AM

Rh is 36

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic