Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Cambridge V Chesterfield - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cambridge V Chesterfield

#241 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

the two goals conceded yesterday sum up Anyons goalkeeping attributes imo

Give him something to think about like the first goal as he sees the ball coming towards him in the air and he struggles but he was unlucky with the second goal because he made 2 good reaction saves and was unlucky that his defenders could not help him to keep the ball out of the net from close range but when your down on your luck that is what happens

He played with more confidence apparantly at Crawley where the conditions looked to be more favourable but sometimes when your confidence is still fragile coming to play on a wet and windy day at Cambridge does not have the same appeal and the doubts about your ability come back to the surface

It would also be interesting to know the longest consecutive run of matches he has played in his career seeing as it looks as though he has been a backup keeper for most of it .this is because as others have stated it is a different mindset when you know you are only playing a few matches before going back on the bench to knowing you are the No1 choice as keeper as he started the season

#242 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:02 AM

View Postwhittman, on 22 October 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

the two goals conceded yesterday sum up Anyons goalkeeping attributes imo

Give him something to think about like the first goal as he sees the ball coming towards him in the air and he struggles but he was unlucky with the second goal because he made 2 good reaction saves and was unlucky that his defenders could not help him to keep the ball out of the net from close range but when your down on your luck that is what happens

He played with more confidence apparantly at Crawley where the conditions looked to be more favourable but sometimes when your confidence is still fragile coming to play on a wet and windy day at Cambridge does not have the same appeal and the doubts about your ability come back to the surface

It would also be interesting to know the longest consecutive run of matches he has played in his career seeing as it looks as though he has been a backup keeper for most of it .this is because as others have stated it is a different mindset when you know you are only playing a few matches before going back on the bench to knowing you are the No1 choice as keeper as he started the season

jack can't keep saying we played well and were the better team without taking our goalie's performances into account. Anyon has already admitted the first goal was his fault and his first save on the second goal wasn't a good reaction save - it wasn't a reaction save at all. It was poor technique dealing with a long shot.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#243 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:04 AM

View PostToddhopper., on 22 October 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

Should've saved it.

Everyone can say that, but not everyone is a professional goalkeeper

I’ve seen some goals my mate has conceded when he was at Charlton & Wednesday, told him you could have saved it.....but when they explain reasons why it can be difficult, it makes sense

Goalkeepers cannot save every single shot aimed at them.

Tommy Lee would have struggled with the first one, in fact most goalkeepers would have

#244 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 22 October 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

I’ve seen some goals my mate has conceded when he was at Charlton & Wednesday, told him you could have saved it.....but when they explain reasons why it can be difficult, it makes sense

Tommy Lee would have struggled with the first one, in fact most goalkeepers would have

If it was an isolated incident I’m sure everyone would be more sympathetic, but throwing at least one in every game and costing us vital points while we head into the conference is pathetic. He needs to be feigning injury and get a loan in ASAP

#245 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

Looking at the highlights i cannot see how he is at fault for either, hardly a clanger
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#246 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

He did not save it because he’s not tall enough...
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#247 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:45 AM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 22 October 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

If it was an isolated incident I’m sure everyone would be more sympathetic, but throwing at least one in every game and costing us vital points while we head into the conference is pathetic. He needs to be feigning injury and get a loan in ASAP

Your first line sums it up totally, keepers will always be more harshly judged due to mistakes usually being so costly, and of course a lot of "errors" will be more subjective, but..this is happening on a virtual game by game basis and at the moment looks like having absolutely catastrophic consequences for our club. I've no desire to keep pulling a player down or even create a witch hunt, but the outcome this time is far too serious to ignore. However it happens we need a new keeper in situ every very quickly. Is it to harsh to call Anyon a one way ticket to the conference?, probably given the rest of the squads quality, but he's a blooming big portion of it!
East stand second class citizen.

#248 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

View PostBonnyman, on 22 October 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Looking at the highlights i cannot see how he is at fault for either, hardly a clanger

Catching bits of the full 'replay' it's hard to see why their first half effort that sailed over Anyon and their man was disallowed (which is what Graham Smyth said).

Small point, I see Weir won the toss and chose to play with the wind in the first half. Is a better choice to play against the wind in the first half when you have more energy? I can see the other side of the debate, use the wind to get ahead, it may drop in the second half, and let the other side huff and puff.

#249 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

View PostBonnyman, on 22 October 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Hasn’t Anyon said he was at fault for the first one? If he thinks he was at fault then he probably was.

The second should have pushed around the post and out, not back into the danger area where it had come from. A bigger mistake than the first IMO
A new hope.

#250 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 22 October 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

Hasn’t Anyon said he was at fault for the first one? If he thinks he was at fault then he probably was.

The second should have pushed around the post and out, not back into the danger area where it had come from. A bigger mistake than the first IMO

The first was a one in a hundred effort; if he stood there for an hour afterwards he wouldn't have stuck it in the same place. Saying that it is a disadvantage when your keeper is under six foot. If I was playing against him I would be chucking stuff left right and centre in the box.

The second was a combination of three things 1) the awful Miss by Briggs 2) anyon not pushing it around the post 3) our defenders not reacting quick enough.

Sadly our team is littered with players who cannot go 90 minutes without making a mistake. The table doesn't lie.

This post has been edited by Exharboroughspireite: 22 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

#251 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 22 October 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

In fact, looking at it again, he shouldn't have pushed it anywhere. He should just have held it.

#252 User is offline   essexspireman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 22 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

The first was a one in a hundred effort; if he stood there for an hour afterwards he wouldn't have stuck it in the same place. Saying that it is a disadvantage when your keeper is under six foot. If I was playing against him I would be chucking stuff left right and centre in the box.

The second was a combination of three things 1) the awful Miss by Briggs 2) anyon not pushing it around the post 3) our defenders not reacting quick enough.

Sadly our team is littered with players who cannot go 90 minutes without making a mistake. The table doesn't lie.

I think the first one was a bit of a fluke. Cambridge had another similar free kick a few minutes later but from a better position and the same guy blasted it miles over and wide. I reckon the wind probably affected both shots.

#253 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

Bob Bolder?
These go to eleven.

#254 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

The number of unecessary free kick around the box we kept giving away needs to stop. They just invited pressure.

#255 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:34 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 22 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

Exactly, we are at the bottom of the table for a reason.

I hope January isn't too late for Jack to bring better players in.

#256 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

View Postdim view, on 22 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

In fact, looking at it again, he shouldn't have pushed it anywhere. He should just have held it.

That was the old school method taught to try and catch wherever possible now its push the ball away from danger to the side

The trouble with that technique is it can come back at you which happened unfortunately for Anyon and the clubs position in the league

View PostSiberian Spireite, on 22 October 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

Bob Bolder?

I think you need to look closer to home someone from Killamarsh I think lol

#257 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 22 October 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Exactly, we are at the bottom of the table for a reason.

I hope January isn't too late for Jack to bring better players in.

Extended highlights show just how weak we are physically. Four against their one at one point and we still couldn't get the bludddy ball.

#258 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:52 PM

The extended highlights confirmed a couple of things:
1. Briggs must be a winger, (as he says he prefers) because he hasn't a clue how to defend
2. We continue to lose far more 50:50 balls than we win, which appears often down to the height and weight of our many smaller players versus the average taller player in this league.

#259 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:52 PM

First one was similar to a few goals knocking around the league yesterday probably due to the weather. Brentford keeper for one was done by a similar one but from a corner.

#260 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

Nicky Weaver.

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users